FR: MB Server - Meta Editor

markshu

The MB Server metadata editor can be frustrating to use at times.  While I know about Media Center Master and other 'outside' programs for metadata gathering and editing, there are a couple of features that would greatly enhance the metadata editor built into the MB server console.

1) Refresh from existing metadata.  The current editor does too good a job of caching metadata for a media item. If I make manual changes to a metadata file outside of the MB console editor, these changes are not picked up by the editor without a lot of painful steps, and if I then make any further changes using the MB console editor any manual changes are lost/overwritten.  It would be nice to have a button where I could tell MB to refresh the metadata from the existing metadata files currently on the disk.

2) Bulk edit.  It would be nice if I could make changes to selected fields for multiple media items with a single edit screen entry.  This is especially useful for music items when you want to set the Album Artist to a single value for one or more albums (I strongly dislike the 'Various Artists' value for Album Artist).

3) Disable unused entries.  If there are fields that don't apply to a specific media type, there should either be no form entries for those invalid fields, or the input box of those fields should be disabled.  It's frustrating to enter data in a field only to have the values just disappear when the Save button is clicked.