Question about switching to a NAS

jluce50

jluce50

I just purchased a Synology DS916+. I'm currently in the process of figuring out how I want to set things up. The 916 is supposed to have pretty decent transcoding capabilities so I was considering just running Emby on the NAS. My question is, is it possible to preserve watched states and the like if I make the switch? My understanding is that if I continue to run Emby on my HTPC, and only switch the library location, watch states will be preserved. I'm not sure about switching Emby itself from the HTPC to the NAS, though.

Jdiesel

You ”should" be able to copy over your Emby folder to your new install with no issues. I've done it before between identical OS's. Not sure if moving between different OS's will make a difference.

Other option is to create a Trakt account and backup your playstates then restore them on your new install. The downside is that you will need to create a Trakt account for each user...I think.

You have nothing to lose by trying, but a bit of time, as if it doesn't work your still have your original working setup on your HTPC.

Edited by Jdiesel