Change Kodi connect to Emby Server to something else.

e123enitan

e123enitan

All, Does anyone have idea how change the description that pop up when Kodi connect to Emby Server, I would like to change the notification that appears to something diff.

Cheers!

Edited by e123enitan

marcelveldt

You can change that text in the language resource file.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

e123enitan

You can change that text in the language resource file.

the language folder is located on the server side? if not, I am using Libreelec so in which folder would this be found?

Cheers! 

Edited by e123enitan

marcelveldt

No, it's on the machine itself in the addons folder but you will have to ssh into your box to get there

e123enitan

Change it to what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just prefer something else to Emby, is there an issue doing that? OR this option be incorporated in the addon that it could be easily change without the need to SSH 

Edited by e123enitan

Angelblue05

No, but anytime the addon is updated, it will overwrite your modification.

Angelblue05

Well that's what I asked. What modification did you have in mind? :)

e123enitan

My thoughts in the add-on on the advance tab, where this options to activate notifications when new libraries are added. An option could be created that allows for change of pop up bespoke notification even when the add-on is upgraded it should be easy to make such change without the need for ssh

I hope I make sense lol

Cheers!

Angelblue05

Yeah, but what exactly do you want to change? What do you mean by "change of popup bespoke notification"?

e123enitan

When the client established a coonection with emby server, there is anotification that is displayed, " Emby Server online" I am sure of the exact letter. That is what I wish to change if possible to displayed my desire such for the lack of better discription "Welcome"

Make sense!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, so if I understand correctly, you'd like to have Emby Server online replaced with the Welcome {User} message as an option?

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

e123enitan

Ok, so if I understand correctly, you'd like to have Emby Server online replaced with the Welcome {User} message as an option?

Yes, if possible with my prefer text greetings message.

Cheers!

LongMan

Since it is the server that is greeting the client, why not just use "Friendly server name" in the welcome message. That way one can just name the server the way one wants the client message. Just a thought.

"[Friendly server name] welcomes [user]".

Cheers

• Like 1

e123enitan

Where in the server do change the greetings from "Emby" to "Server is Online".

e123enitan

Sorry I am lost according to one of the dev it seems the change have to be made on the kodi client add-on.
Can someone confirm, pls and if it's possible to add this option into emby4kodi add-on.
Cheers!

Edited by e123enitan

Angelblue05

Not yet. Thank you for your patience. There are more pressing stuff to do, but I'll include it in the next build.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

e123enitan

Nice thanks a lot I owe you a beer

Edited by e123enitan

• 4 weeks later...
Angelblue05

@@e123enitan

I have not forgotten about your request. The message is for when the server has been marked as offline, and then comes back online.

I've changed it to say Welcome {User}, no settings because I don't want to maintain it. I hope it is ok :)

• Like 1

e123enitan

@@e123enitan

I have not forgotten about your request. The message is for when the server has been marked as offline, and then comes back online.

I've changed it to say Welcome {User}, no settings because I don't want to maintain it. I hope it is ok :)

Thanks, it is good 

Edited by e123enitan
  • Like 1