Subtitles: What is the criteria used to download missing subtitles ??

CBers

CBers

What is the criteria to download missing subtitles ??

I have several old series and movies that Emby hasn't downloaded the subtitles for.

If I manually search for the subtitles, using the Edit Subtitles option, they are found.

So, is there any criteria/age limit on when an item has been added to Emby, after which subtitles are no longer searched for ??

Thanks.

SkyBehind

Kind of ditto. A lot of the subtitles I get are off (with regards to timing/sync), manual download works though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

CBers

Have you explored subtitle settings?

Can you answer the question please.

The same criteria as the search subtitles feature, subject to subtitle settings.

CBers

The same criteria as the search subtitles feature, subject to subtitle settings.

Then there must be a bug, as Emby isn't finding subtitles during the scheduled.

I'll post logs next time I find one.

CBers

Yes.

I get 99% of the subtitles, just a few older ones Emby never seems to search for.

CBers

I run the subtitles scheduled task once per day and I have TV shows without subs, but if I search manually there are subs available.

I only search for English subs, so it shouldn't be hard to locate them.

Attached is a screenshot of my subtitle settings.

Let me know if you see anything wrong.

post-36-0-86818500-1498840199_thumb.jpg

You'll get subtitles but the chances of them being out of sync will be higher.

@@CBers, as a result of this "issue", I am going to add help text to the subtitles setup page. Please let me know if you think this resolves the issue, because I don't think there's actually a problem here, I think this is just about understanding how the subtitle downloading feature works.

Thanks !

595696d906cf8_Screenshot_20170630033615.

• Like 1

I will also add the perfect match filter as a checkbox to the subtitle search dialog, that way you have the ability to see the results with it both on and off.

Spaceboy

Thanks.

cbers, how are you identifying what needs manually downloading? i find the reports section doesnt work anymore. media that has subtitles isnt shown with the check mark anymore. the far right columns are all blank

CBers

cbers, how are you identifying what needs manually downloading?

Only when I try to open the subs and they're not there.

As I said, 99% of subtitles download OK, but some older content doesn't have any, so I search and they appear, hence why I raised the question.

Because the search is manual, so it doesn't filter out results based on the perfect match setting, because the thinking is that since it is manual you can do whatever you want. there isn't much reason to prevent you from being able to download a non-perfect match.

However, if users continue to think something is wrong and keep reporting this as a "problem", then it will force me to filter the search in order to make that stop.

• 2 years later...
vaise

Sorry to dig up an old thread re subtitles.

I recently deleted an entire TV show folder contents for 8 seasons, including the sub's, I put the shows back, emby re-created the bif files, but the daily subtitle thing did not re-add the subs. 

I went in and downloaded the first two ep's manually, but is there a way of saying 're-download all episodes subs, rather than me doing it one by one (abut 80 times).