Docker on OMV 3 - Library Access

kentish
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

kentish

Hi 

I could do with some help on this as I'm confused. Installed Open Media Vault version 3 on my NAS, then installed the docker plugin and downloaded the Emby image and set up some shares to the media library. Emby starts fine, can scrap the media and the UI is super responsive however it won't play anything - tried via the web app / dlna and xbox one app - which is confusing as I've had all the working before and I believe I've set things up the same way and everything worked fine. 

Attached the docker and server logs.

The server is using MergeFS with all libraries owned by root / user and set to 777, Docker is in Host mode with the /config folder sitting on a SSD again controlled by a OMV Share.

I'm controlling the docker image via the OMV plugin UI 

595568da7c4b9_OMVDockerPlugin.png

Not sure what i'm missing. Hope some can shed some light on what I'm doing / have done wrong.

Kentish 

DockerLog.txt

EmbyServerLog.txt

kentish

Morning Luke

Yes, /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Applications/Emby is mapped to /config

root@openmediavault:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Applications/Emby/ffmpeg/20170308# ls -l
total 89148
-rwxrwxrwx 1 mark 1000 45680536 Jun 28 22:17 ffmpeg
-rwxrwxrwx 1 mark 1000 45594200 Jun 28 22:17 ffprobe
root@openmediavault:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Applications/Emby/ffmpeg/20170308#

Should these been owned by root:users rather than mark:1000

Edited by kentish

• Solution

Well the issue is the server is unable to execute those files, so either they don't exist, or the server does not have access to execute them.

• Like 1

kentish

Ok, got to get to work now, thanks for the pointer

I'll check the user permissions when I get back later tonight and see if I can sort it out. Suspect I'll end up creating a specific account for user emby and set the folder to that.

Will update the post after.

Cheers and have a good day (it's 8 here in the uk   :) ) off on the school run!

kentish

Update, seems that OMV doesn't want to run binaries on a shared folder / drive. Moved the FFMPEG binaries to root of the system drive and they executed the help message which they didn't do on the share..

Swapped the server transcoding setting to use system installed version and the everything seems to play fine on the devices I've tested. So the kids will be happy  :D

I'll have a read on the OMV to see if this expected behaviour (which I'm guessing it is)  and will most probably create a ffmpeg folder on the OS drive and share that with the docker container. That way I can at least run the latest version of FFMPEG.

Cheers Luke for pointing me in the right direction, I was sure it Emby was unable to access the media not that it couldn't run the binaries.

kentish

Update 2:

it seems that noexec is set in /etc/fstab when system boots, so removing this from the applications SSD

/dev/disk/by-label/Applications /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Applications ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,discard,acl 0 2

removes the problem

Edited by kentish