New Episodes Only option doesn't stick

firestorm213

firestorm213

I swear this was working before.  I'm not sure when it stopped.  When I go in to a series or even set one to record for the first time I flip the Record option to "New episodes only" then click the back button since there isn't any type of save/accept button.  Going back into the settings for that series it is reverted back to "All episodes".  I thought maybe it was flipping it anytime I viewed the settings again so I tried setting it to new and leaving it alone but it still records all episodes.

Am I missing something here?  I went through all the NextPVR settings and didn't see anything that looked like it would be conflicting.  Also didn't see anything in the Live TV section of Emby that seemed odd.

Sven

Yes, we pass that value.

Can you enable the debug logging in the nextpvr plugin? Just do it for this (It gives all the json messages). And post that log in this topic.

So I can check if I can see it in the logging.

But in the code we have the option "RecordNewOnly" (from emby) that we provide to the timersettings to nextpvr...

rikiwi

This has never worked for me. I have always had to open NextPVR to set up all my series recordings using the "Record season, weekly this time slot" This method doesn't bother me, it just takes a bit more time.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

firestorm213

I'm going to earn my newbie status here.  Is this a snipet in the server log that you want or is this another log that I'm just missing somewhere?  I looked under AppData and didn't see one specific to NextPVR after I flipped on the  log switch and changed some recording options.

Sven

It's in the normal logging. :)     

You also will see something like [NextPVR] in the logs...

firestorm213

Here is the section marked NextPVR attached.  There's a ton of stuff in there... I looked through it and couldn't find anything specific to when I change a setting.  Maybe you'll spot it since you're more familiar with it.

emveepee

You probably should upload a set of logs showing your attempt to schedule a new season recording with the only new episodes flag from Emby.

Martin

Sven

Indeed you best can start a new recording. Then I can see what's in the call to NextPVR

firestorm213

Steps taken this time:
1. Cleared out every series set to record.

2. Made sure logs were on and restarted the server

3. Went to Guide and Set Judge Judy to Record Series

4. Clicked Series Settings

5. Set Record: New episodes only

6. Clicked the Back button on both windows

7.  Clicked on Judge Judy in the guide again then on Series Options to see if the setting stayed.  They had not they reverted back to default.

See attached log.

NextPVR2.txt

emveepee

@@Sven the update series timer method in the plugin isn't checking the RecordNewOnly option.

Are you sure it is the plugin and not how the user is inputting it the code is there.

timerSettings.onlyNew = info.RecordNewOnly;

The first post indicates UI problems.

Martin

Are you sure it is the plugin and not how the user is inputting it the code is there.

timerSettings.onlyNew = info.RecordNewOnly;

The first post indicates UI problems.

Martin

I think I may actually be right here. Let's assume for a minute that his default series settings = all episodes.

So he creates the series timer by clicking "record series". It gets created with all episodes. Then he clicks the settings icon to pull up the series settings. He changes the value to New only, clicks back to save, but the plugin is not passing the new value to next pvr.

emveepee

I think I may actually be right here. Let's assume for a minute that his default series settings = all episodes.

So he creates the series timer by clicking "record series". It gets created with all episodes. Then he clicks the settings icon to pull up the series settings. He changes the value to New only, clicks back to save, but the plugin is not passing the new value to next pvr.

I didn't see a modify so I would need to see the NextPVR logs, however NextPVR doesn't support schedule type modification like that anyway after a create. Only the padding, recording directory and end time can be changed.

Martin

Martin

Ok so then this is a matter of getting information on what is supported up to the UI so that the fields can be hidden.