No backdrops for home videos

Ryogo
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi @@Ryogo, where exactly are they not being shown?

It is not shown as a background inside folder.

Like I have a /TV/LastMan folder with backdrop set and if I open it in web client backdrop will be visible as a background in that folder.

But if I open some folder marked as a home videos in web client there won't be any background shown despite backdrop for that folder is set.

Edited by Ryogo

hi @@Ryogo what is the folder structure of this home video and what are all of the file names? can we see a screenshot of the folder contents? thanks !

Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't look like you have any backdrop images. Why are you expecting backdrop images to show up?

Have you referred to our naming guide for images?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming

Thanks.

But there are backdrops, for every top-level folder - I've uploaded them through web client and web client show them in "Images".

59541bfa0eb8e_bd.png

59541c3d3facf_bd2.png

And about naming guides - it's a separate scenes from movies or separate clips from web-sites I do not think naming should be appropriate here.

Movies and home videos share the same naming conventions so that is why the naming guide is relevant in this situation.

Movies and home videos share the same naming conventions so that is why the naming guide is relevant in this situation.

Maybe, but that's still slightly off the topic. Or I'm misunderstanding something.

Is it even possible to have backdrop displayed for folder with multiple items (movies, clips, etc) grouped by actor/actress?

Edited by Ryogo

• 4 years later...
8 hours ago, rekit said:

I've run into this as well. Any update? Thanks

Hi, what are you asking for exactly? We support backdrops with home videos.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Sound like inherited backdrop from a folder, like a person can inherit fanart from the item it is opened from.

Is it even possible to have backdrop displayed for folder with multiple items (movies, clips, etc) grouped by actor/actress?

But a quick test shows folder level will show the fanart, but the items (videos) will not inherit that fanart when you enter those items.

example

image.thumb.png.5bc871f88f5435d719b40e14ff8bb216.png

image.thumb.png.471c0fd00cad7f3da184fc43b9e049a8.png

14 hours ago, Luke said:

Video backdrops (theme videos) won't work for me with home video libraries. They work fine with tv series though. I attached the log file. The folder named "test" is set as a home video library, and inside the "test" folder is a folder named "backdrops" with a mp4 video file inside. If I copy that "backdrops" folder directly into one of my tv series folders, the backdrop video will play just fine. Same folder and file names, plays within the tv series folder, doesn't play within the home video folder.

embyserver.txt

Hi, I don't know if home video library type supports backdrops  videos as I think this is for library types supporting Movies and Shows.

@Luke or @ebr can you comment on this?

Happy2Play
10 hours ago, rekit said:

Video backdrops (theme videos) won't work for me with home video libraries. They work fine with tv series though. I attached the log file. The folder named "test" is set as a home video library, and inside the "test" folder is a folder named "backdrops" with a mp4 video file inside. If I copy that "backdrops" folder directly into one of my tv series folders, the backdrop video will play just fine. Same folder and file names, plays within the tv series folder, doesn't play within the home video folder.

embyserver.txt 53.68 kB · 0 downloads

Theme backdrops do not apply to folders, so a test folder with media in it will not pick up "backdrops", if the item is in its own same named folder the "backdrops" will be used.  

Will not work as the folder does not apply to the item.

image.png.2e0d203b0cb127d43056253918fa5f30.png

But if the item is in its own folder it does.

image.png.b51ea61b9ca613040d90710e752fb800.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Theme backdrops do not apply to folders, so a test folder with media in it will not pick up "backdrops", if the item is in its own same named folder the "backdrops" will be used.  

Will not work as the folder does not apply to the item.

image.png.2e0d203b0cb127d43056253918fa5f30.png

But if the item is in its own folder it does.

image.png.b51ea61b9ca613040d90710e752fb800.png

Thanks Happy2Play, I was able to get this example working on my end. Is there any way to make video backdrops work for folders that contain more than one video file? I'm confused how they seem to work with tv series but not home videos when the folder structure and filenaming is similar 🤔 If you put a second video in your jellyfish folder named "starfish" or something, the backdrop won't work on either one of the videos.