HDHomeRun not showing channels

Nick D_CA

Nick D_CA

I have setup my HDHomeRun and it was previously working but has since stopped. I am currently on Emby server version 3.2.20.14 beta.

Emby does not show any channels from this tuner. Before I would get 2 tuners for each HD HomeRun tuner (4 in total), but now I am only getting 1. I know the turner is working as I can use other apps to see the channels.

When I go through the server log I find the following errors...

2017-06-27 07:38:08.1008 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://my.hdhomerun.com/api/lineup?DeviceAuth=O%2F7omAE9PKZY2vJowCWM342T
2017-06-27 07:38:08.1754 Error App: Error getting channel list
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.2.20.14
Command line: C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Processor count: 4
Program data path: C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application directory: C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.HdHomerun.HdHomerunHost.<>c.<GetLineup>b__16_1(Channels i)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.HdHomerun.HdHomerunHost.<GetLineup>d__16.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.HdHomerun.HdHomerunHost.<GetChannelsInternal>d__18.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.<GetChannels>d__9.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.<GetChannels>d__11.MoveNext()
System.NullReferenceException
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.HdHomerun.HdHomerunHost.<>c.<GetLineup>b__16_1(Channels i)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.HdHomerun.HdHomerunHost.<GetLineup>d__16.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.HdHomerun.HdHomerunHost.<GetChannelsInternal>d__18.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.<GetChannels>d__9.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.<GetChannels>d__11.MoveNext()

hi @, the problem is that if you take this url and put it in a browser:

http://my.hdhomerun.com/api/lineup?DeviceAuth=JWyp4YQypMRPDyyeunty%2BgFB

as you can see it is returning invalid data when it is supposed to be returning the channel lineup. I think you might have some issues on the HDHR side to work out. Are you up to date with the latest firmware? Thanks.

Nick D_CA

I have just updated all HDHR software and firmware but the issue persists. 

The HDHR works great in Media Center and if I click a channel in the setup app it plays fine in Media Player. 

I am not sure where the "DeviceAuth" comes from or how it gets populated. If I just through a random string it always shows 'null'.

http://my.hdhomerun.com/api/lineup?DeviceAuth=AnyRandomBunchOfLettersAndNumbers

It comes from the HDHR software. do you still have that installed on your windows machine? We use that url to get the channel lineup for your tuner.

Nick D_CA

Yes, the HDHR software is installed and working well. 

Is there anything else I could test or should be looking at for the cause?

• 2 weeks later...

@ is there still an issue? We may need to inquire with SiliconDust as to why your account api is returning a list of empty channels. thanks.

• 1 month later...
Nick D_CA

I have worked with SiliconDust to correct my issue and felt like sharing the troubleshooting steps so I can help others.

Here is what SiliconDust had me do…

1. Download latest beta software: https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=20613
  2. Unplug power from HDHomeRun then plug back in.
  3. In HDHomRun app, run "Scan" in Digital Antenna tab.
  4. Browse to http://my.hdhomerun.com (this page has the details for the tuner on your network)
  5. Click on the link for tuner with issues which will load the page for the HDHomeRun on your private network
  6. Add "discover.json" to the end of the address you are at (i.e. http://192.168.1.137/discover.json)
  7. On this page look for the "LineupURL" and copy the link after (i.e. http://my.hdhomerun.com/api/lineup?DeviceAuth=AAABBBCCC111222333DDDEEEFFF444)
  8. Browse to this page and confirm the discovered channels are visible

The important steps were #4 to #6 above as this will find the "LineupURL" URL, which looks like it changes every time the HDHomeRun is rebooted.

I think just rebooting the HDHomeRun, then doing an Edit/Save in Emby would have corrected my issue.