Automating line ups, m3u

skivy71

skivy71

Hi,

I've spent quite a bit of time perfecting my new backend, which delivers its source's via the m3u playlist.

With regards to EPG logo's, names and perhaps xmltv / schedules direct mapping, would it be possible to add some more parsing to the m3u (i.e. attributes) and make emby choose this data in preference to any other choices?

I'm very impressed overall and I can see quite a few deployments looming using my backend, coupled with emby and these changes would make the system much easier to manage.

Kind regards,

Neil

maegibbons

Can you be more specific in what you are looking for?

Krs

Mark

skivy71

I'd like to see the following arise from using a properly formatted m3u: -

a). channel logo designations to be used, in preference to schedules direct epg ones (I've spent quite some time in collecting these and making them available from one of my servers).

B). to provide channel to epg link direct (be it  schedules direct or raw xmltv data), so save the process of manually going through and correcting bad matches.

This would be 'most' excellent :)

Thanks

Neil

maegibbons

Certainly for me tvg-logo works and tvg-id should be the same as channel-id in xmltv file.

This parsing is already done.  No mapping or guess work required

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

skivy71

Hi Luke,

Yes I've seen that and I'm using all of that info (but not tried xml data yet).

The issue seems to be, that when SD comes into play, emby doesn't use the tvg-logo attribute anymore

CBers

Certainly for me tvg-logo works and tvg-id should be the same as channel-id in xmltv file.

This parsing is already done. No mapping or guess work required

That's fine if the IPTV provider supplies a channel-id, but they don't, so we have to add them manually, as Emby doesn't import as a sequential list, unless that's been implemented recently?

Doesn't the channel-id have to be mapped to tvg-id via Schedules Direct, or similar?

maegibbons

That's fine if the IPTV provider supplies a channel-id, but they don't, so we have to add them manually, as Emby doesn't import as a sequential list, unless that's been implemented recently?

Doesn't the channel-id have to be mapped to tvg-id via Schedules Direct, or similar?

Hold on @@CBers lets not get confused!!!

In the m3u

channel-id is the number that you wish the channel to be displayed as in emby which is generated by oursleves

tvg-id is the "link" id which you use to link to SD or xmltv and SHOULD BE equal to the channel-id field in the xmltv file.

So the following is an example m3u line:

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="2044" tvg-id="I87987.json.schedulesdirect.org" tvg-logo="http://forces.tv/themes/custom/forcesnet/assets/src/images/png/forcestv-logo.png",FORCESTV SD

So in FULL explanation:

2044 will be used in Emby as the channel number

I87987.json.schedulesdirect.org is the "link" id to SD or channel-id param/field in xmltv file

http://forces.tv/themes/custom/forcesnet/assets/src/images/png/forcestv-logo.png is the logo that will be used in the guide.

Krs

Mark

skivy71

Hello again,

Last time I tried to use SD with my source, even though i gave a valid logo source, emby still preferred SD's logo's.

Is that right?

lifespeed

Hold on @@CBerschannel-id is the number that you wish the channel to be displayed as in emby which is generated by oursleves

tvg-id is the "link" id which you use to link to SD or xmltv and SHOULD BE equal to the channel-id field in the xmltv file.

So the following is an example m3u line:

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="2044" tvg-id="I87987.json.schedulesdirect.org" tvg-logo="http://forces.tv/themes/custom/forcesnet/assets/src/images/png/forcestv-logo.png",FORCESTV SD

So in FULL explanation:

2044 will be used in Emby as the channel number

I87987.json.schedulesdirect.org is the "link" id to SD or channel-id param/field in xmltv file

http://forces.tv/themes/custom/forcesnet/assets/src/images/png/forcestv-logo.png is the logo that will be used in the guide.

Krs

Mark

Thanks for the example.  Would you describe how to find the Schedules Direct URL for other channels in the example above for this parameter?  Thanks!

tvg-id="I87987.json.schedulesdirect.org"

maegibbons

Thanks for the example.  Would you describe how to find the Schedules Direct URL for other channels in the example above for this parameter?  Thanks!

tvg-id="I87987.json.schedulesdirect.org"

The way I did it was to do an xmltv grab from SD for the lineups that you want and then import the xmltv file in to a database.

What country are you from? You have not filled out your profile.

Krs

Mark