Plug-In Request: WMC like screensaver

xXSagaiaXx

xXSagaiaXx

I would love to see a screensaver like WMC has with the photowall. My wife loves this in WMC and when MBTcomes out and switch everything over from WMC this is a much needed feature.

• Like 8

• 4 years later...

I'm in favor of this feature as welll. Have recently migrated from WMC to Emby Theater and the whole family miss seeing our photo collection on the screen saver and are nagging me about it!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
pRonclus

Just set-up a photo library and would like to see this feature also. Would like to suggest option that picks images from selected folders, where those selected folders could be photos and/or backdrops for media and that this "screensaver" loads even if the app is open in the forefront whether or not a user is logged in.

informaweb
and more, I would like to have the choice of displaying the screen saver.

choose between: (or checkbox)

1 - Album photo (with choice of album to use or "all")

2 - Film / series poster (with choice of genre, media library and in accordance with parental control)

3 - Album of music album (with choice of genre)

4 - All (or check box to choose what you want.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
eraser8

I really give to this my vote!! It is the last step I need to set Emby-Theater to totaly replace my WMC... My wife and I love to check some souvenir pictures.

Thanks for that

darkassassin07

I'd love to see more visualization options during music playback in general.

Trippy visualizers, photo slideshows, a simple va-meter style thing, that sorta stuff.

eraser8

Yep, I agree. This is a big part of vizualisation missing for emby Theater that have purpose to replace WMC. But I hope they will get these features soon!!

• 3 months later...
Red5ive

Just adding my +1 for this.

Just think it's odd as there is already a built in screen-saver in Theater but not being able to do a slideshow of your own pictures? Think that was an option in windows 95!

• 3 weeks later...

With the Emby Server 4.3 release, the web app will have a few screensaver options: Emby Logo, Backdrops, and Photos. Emby Theater has these now.

With the Emby Server 4.3 release, the web app will have a few screensaver options: Emby Logo, Backdrops, and Photos. Emby Theater has these now.

Hi Luke - Thanks for the update, however, I am running EMBY Theater 3.0.10 and this 'does not' have an option to select a directory (and subdirectories) with Photos as an option for the screensaver. It only has LOGO and Backdrop options unless I have missed something? I am also only running release, not Beta versions.

Hi Luke - Thanks for the update, however, I am running EMBY Theater 3.0.10 and this 'does not' have an option to select a directory (and subdirectories) with Photos as an option for the screensaver. It only has LOGO and Backdrop options unless I have missed something? I am also only running release, not Beta versions.

Correct, it's just all photos in your Emby library. More options are possible for the future. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Are screensaver something that is also planned for smart tv apps? I'd really love to have my photos on my tv :-)

/Daniel

Hi there, yes it will be in the next updates to our smart tv apps. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
heula

-On Emby for Android (Shield TV) there is no option for the screensaver. It would be nice to have a screensaver that shows photos from my photo collection with tag/label or optional other info (like date taken, location) displayed in them.

So +1 for me.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1