Why is an episode displayed that has aired but is not downloaded.

One2Go
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

One2Go

For the show Dark Matter Season 3 Episode 4 aired Friday June 23, the meta data manager shows the episode as listed, the content folder does not contain the episode. Why is it being displayed? Is there a setting that enables episodes of shows to be displayed that exist on the server and are currently airing?

Folder Content

DarkMatter2_zps30o5qrqm.jpg

Metadata Manager

DarkMatter01_zpshbftkrac.jpg

Finally why is it that even when a show, season or episode is being locked that at the next library scan or server update it changes some of the episode pictures to what theTVdb.com has and not the pictures contained in the metadata folder? After a refresh the proper image is displayed until the next scan or server update. I expect that when a movie or a series is locked, that that is what it means locked no changes until it is enabled again or perhaps a refresh is manually started, but nothing else should change the metadata, is that a correct assumption?

Thanks

O2G

Edited by One2Go

• Solution
Happy2Play

Not sure if it is enabled by default or is just still enabled for legacy installs but you have to disable "Display missing episodes within seasons" per users.  User icon-Display

• Like 1

Not sure if it is enabled by default or is just still enabled for legacy installs but you have to disable "Display missing episodes within seasons" per users.  User icon-Display

Not if he didn't enable it at the library import level in library setup.

Happy2Play

Not if he didn't enable it at the library import level in library setup.

Sorry they are independent of each other.  I can see the exact same thing if I enable "Display missing episodes within seasons" for shows that air tonight (24th).

Also note creating a new user has the option enabled by default (at least in beta).

Without more testing I believe it is connected to Upcoming, as it only applies to same day episodes.

Edited by Happy2Play

One2Go

Thanks that did the trick. Under the user settings for Display the box "Display missing episodes within seasons" was ticked, clear it and it no longer displays the episode being aired but not downloaded.