• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#41 madbaztard OFFLINE  

madbaztard

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Local time: 01:00 AM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

C:\moviess\Affliction 1997 and so on for the other movies on that drive, same would be true for all the other drives.

#42 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2884 posts
  • Local time: 07:00 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:33 PM

No possibility of a typo somewhere - like in 'moviess' above ?

#43 madbaztard OFFLINE  

madbaztard

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

That was a example of one of the drives here is a screenshot (not a drive on the server....just a example......Home now so here is a screenshot of the folders5a30682192694_emmby.jpg

#44 Abobader OFFLINE  

Abobader

Super-Tester

• Administrators
  • 9375 posts
  • Local time: 10:00 AM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

So the screenshot not an option for that movie folder?

For the movie: 3 days to kill

As I post mine, Luke was asking for something like that.

#45 madbaztard OFFLINE  

madbaztard

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

No it doesn't I was using that as an example (wasn't home to send screenshot).....above is a shot of the media folders. I used 3 days to kill as a example as well, there are 470 other movie from the different drives that do not show up.......

#46 madbaztard OFFLINE  

madbaztard

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:52 PM

Guys, I'm just gonna rebuild the library, I must have missed a drive...not seeing it right now, but I must have.....that's all it can be with that many missing. I'll get back to ya and let you know. Will take a while for it all to reload. Thanks for your time 

#47 madbaztard OFFLINE  

madbaztard

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:23 AM

Okay I have rebuilt the libraries in both Plex and Emby. They are both the same structure. And all is still the same as it was 470 movie difference. But I'm pretty sure I now know why. I have 239 movie collections. Plex counts every single movie where as Emby counts a collection as 1 even if the collection contains 2 or more movies. This is the only thing that can explain the difference. How I over looked this is beyond me. I will verify this by disabling collections in Emby. Hope this is useful someday to someone else. Duhhhh.

#48 madbaztard OFFLINE  

madbaztard

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:43 AM

Okay after disabling the boxsets plugin and restarting the server rescaning and restart nothing changed, the sever doesn't want to release the boxsets. Not a problem I did the math and it is indeed the count of one on the boxsets that is causing the difference in the total number of movies. Problem/non problem solved. I do thank everyone for their input :)

• mastrmind11 likes this

#49 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135757 posts
  • Local time: 03:00 AM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

#50 Abobader OFFLINE  

Abobader

Super-Tester

• Administrators
  • 9375 posts
  • Local time: 10:00 AM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

Good day @madbaztard

I thought emby "did not see some movies", well if it count matters, then no need to uninstall the auto box set plugins, simply from the emby dash:

Library - Display

Unckeck the box: Group movies into collections

That will solve the problem counting.

If you still want a collection library in your home screen, enable the option: Display a collection view ....

5a31e722cea3c_20171214_54841.jpg

My best

#51 tdiguy OFFLINE  

tdiguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1134 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:32 AM

I love that with the options on emby for supporting hardware acceleration direct streaming and such that my little 70$ rig is able to easily handle the demands of the house. I can actually easily compare this to being as good as a hopper system minus all the annoyances of the hopper ( like not truly owning your recordings and 0 scalability ) With emby and hdhr prime i am able to own and scale up my media system if i need to.

Heck right now i even run a crypto currency miner on my system since it is so under-utilized ( thanks to vaapi support )

If i mine a monero i will be buying lifetime subscription right away ( but at 10-15 hashes/second that might take some time lol )

I installed plex but between not having live tv support and how much cpu is required it was a no go for me. The interface is pretty but that doesnt mean much when it runs slow as a dog.

Emby with these themes is really nice and looking very polished to me now. But best of all it runs well with very little lag on nearly anything i do.

#52 Devdroid OFFLINE  

Devdroid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Local time: 08:00 AM

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:14 AM

I finally had the time & cash to setup my own media server. Hurray. Using the asus vivomini un68u (8th gen 25W Core i5u, HD620) - it's awesome and very powerful for it's tiny tiny size!

I tried both Plex and Emby running side by side running on top of W10. 

Couldn't get headless hardware transcoding working properly with Plex+W10 (Tried everything, latest drivers, reinstall, HDMI dummy etc.). . Worked flawelessy with Emby on W10, didn't even need a HDMI dummy. 

Kodi integration is far superior with Emby. If you use Kodi, Plex really isn't an option. There is no comparison. 

Emby client for Android is better and have more options, such as aspect ratio (no zoom though =/ ). 

Emby has better built in subtitle support. Had lots of problems with Plex and subtitles when transcoding. The subtitle add-on "Subzero" for Plex is awesome though and much better than anything available for Emby. I'm using a third party W10 app in order to fetch subtitles from addic7ed and subscene. 

Plex is a bit bloated. I didn't care much for the News channel etc. Had to spend some time disabling/hiding that stuff. 

I'll buy a lifetime emby license after giving it a few more months, but for my setup, Emby proved to be the far superior option. All in all both options are good and powerful depending on your needs and it's great to have a fallback option. 

One thing that really surprised me is the lack of features in both Plex and Emby media clients (Android, IOS). Touch support is weak, very few/next to no customisation options for aspect ratio/zoom, pixel ratio, subtitle configuration, adjust audio delay, adjust subtitle delay and so forth. I expected that both the Emby and Plex media clients would have a video player comparable to MX video player or the likes.  And this is why the Kodi integration with Emby is so great, because it gives you all those options. Touch support is still bad within Kodi itself though, but managable considering all the features. 

Edited by Devdroid, 18 April 2018 - 08:32 AM.

#53 chyron8472 OFFLINE  

chyron8472

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • Local time: 02:00 AM
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

I tried out Emby after the News Feed debacle, but I really couldn't use it because 1) mobile sync doesn't show downloaded files in an intuitive or organized manner; and 2) lack of proper audiobook support.

Now Plex has seriously flubbed their Android app, which I use all the time. So I will give serious consideration to permanently moving to Emby if you guys can fix audiobook support to a) not show thumbnail art for each and every track/chapter, and b ) queue the whole remaining album/book when a single track/chapter is played; and make downloaded files accessible in a fashion similar (or identical) to the way one accesses on-server content.

But primarily the audiobook thing. Don't just be "we'll get to it when we feel like maybe we might perhaps bother eventually, someday." I listen to audiobooks almost every day, and Booksonic/Subsonic has some serious organizational (and UI) flaws. You guys really need to get on this because even though Plex doesn't have a watched status for tracks or store progress at the album level, it still queues the whole book when I click my current chapter, it remembers where in that chapter I last was (if I told it to in the settings), and I can access that book offline from the server in a menu that makes sense.

Edited by chyron8472, 11 June 2018 - 11:14 AM.

#54 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135757 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:33 PM

Yes we plan to improve audio book playback in the future. thanks.

#55 chyron8472 OFFLINE  

chyron8472

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:04 PM

I really do have to say, hanging around on the Emby forums is much more enjoyable than being on the Plex forums. This place feels significantly more responsive to user feedback and makes me happy to increasingly participate.

• CBers likes this

#56 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135757 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback !

#57 chyron8472 OFFLINE  

chyron8472

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:34 PM

Well, the Plex for Roku app just updated, and boy howdy it's a turd on a stick. My Let's Play library is in a "Videos" category (instead of TV Shows, which is what type it is), which wants to use landscape posters instead of portrait ones, so its posters seen in the Web UI are scaled to the point of pixelly blurriness and then cropped. On top of that, my Audiobooks library is bundled with my Music library under the Music category. And accessing the (library selections in the) sub-category  menu lists all libraries for all accessible servers that use that content type.

So there we go. The shoe has dropped, and Plex goes to the bottom of my Roku channels, and Emby comes up to the top.

Sure, Emby has some niggles with its UI, but they aren't game breaking like this bug-ridden monstrosity.

Edited by chyron8472, 06 December 2018 - 10:03 PM.

#58 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135757 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:06 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

#59 chyron8472 OFFLINE  

chyron8472

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

They really are minor niggles for me. For example, the "My Media" thumbnails are an appropriate size in the Web app, but in the Android app or Roku app they're too large. Devil-in-the-details kinds of things that make Emby feel not as polished as it could. However, the attitude of the dev team makes it feel to me like those issues will go away if just given time and the right kind of feedback from the community. I don't know how many ways to say or how many examples to give that the Emby devs actually listen to the community in a way that feedback actively affects development of the software, whereas the Plex devs just do whatever they dang well please regardless of user feedback or how many man-hours it ultimately wastes on nonsense nobody wants.

Edited by chyron8472, 06 December 2018 - 11:08 PM.

• R2Rn likes this

#60 ginjaninja OFFLINE  

ginjaninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1634 posts
  • Local time: 08:00 AM
  • Locationuk

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:24 AM

Well, the Plex for Roku app just updated,

i do like the ability to add 'recently played tv' widget to home screen.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Plex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users