Can't access emby-windows-server from Remote (WAN)

fcymk2

fcymk2

My os is windows-server-2016, I close the fireware, set up port forward in my router(8096), and I don't install any antiviral scan.

I can only access emby-windows-server from In-Home (LAN), Is there any other setting?

If I use emby-docker-server in my ubuntu, It can be access from remote, but this machine transcodeing too slow. 

Edited by fcymk2

Tur0k

Ok, so please confirm that you have:

1. Statically assigned or DHCP reserved an IP address on your router for your server 2016 system.

2. opened and port forwarded port 8096 to your windows server's IP address from your home router.

3. Either disable entirely your windows firewall or explicitly allow port 8096 traffic (public, private, domain). If you do the latter you need to ensure that you allow edge traversal in the firewall rule.

4. Confirm that Emby is running and listening on port 8096 for public and local unencrypted connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

fcymk2

1. Statically assigned or DHCP reserved an IP address on your router for your server 2016 system.

I set static IP address 192.168.1.10

2. opened and port forwarded port 8096 to your windows server's IP address from your home router.

I set port forwarded in home router.

3. Either disable entirely your windows firewall or explicitly allow port 8096 traffic (public, private, domain). If you do the latter you need to ensure that you allow edge traversal in the firewall rule.

I disable my windows firewall, 

4. Confirm that Emby is running and listening on port 8096 for public and local unencrypted connections.

Emby is running, and I can access from lan. 

Edited by fcymk2

fcymk2

Check your public IP from whatsmyip.com. Then from a computer that isn't on your home network attempt to access it by entering HTTP://<yourpublicip>:8096

use http://ip:8096 cann't access too.

I test this by use another network. 

Edited by fcymk2

Happy2Play

What do you get when you navigate to that <ipaddress>:port?

fcymk2

What do you get when you navigate to that <ipaddress>:port?

```

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer\u2019s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

```

I try use My cellphone to access emby-windows-server, it's ok.

My cellphone and My notebook is in one network. emby-windows-server is in another network. 

If I use emby-docker-server, both cellphone and notebook can access emby-docker-server from remote.

Is there any different between emby-windows-server and emby-docker-server?

Edited by fcymk2

Dizzy49

Thanks, this helped me resolve my own issue.

• Like 1

Tur0k

```

My cellphone and My notebook is in one network. emby-windows-server is in another network.

Let's focus on the local LAN. Would you connect your laptop to the same network as your Emby server?

What is the local IP address of your Emby server?

what is the local IP address of the laptop?

Tur0k

Thanks, this helped me resolve my own issue.

Glad to hear you got it worked out. At some point I would recommend moving your remote connections to encrypted one and use trusted certificates. This is beneficial because it encrypts your credentials in transit and keeps your activity private.

So if I understand correctly, you never solved it for your Docker server but you switched to Windows and now it's fine. Is that correct?

fcymk2

Let's focus on the local LAN. Would you connect your laptop to the same network as your Emby server?

What is the local IP address of your Emby server?

what is the local IP address of the laptop?

If my laptop and emby-server in the same network, it's fine.

emby-windows server: 192.168.1.10

laptop: 192.168.1.60

fcymk2

So if I understand correctly, you never solved it for your Docker server but you switched to Windows and now it's fine. Is that correct?

When I use docker-server, It's fine. 

When I use windows-server, the problem appeared, and still did not solve

Tur0k

If my laptop and emby-server in the same network, it's fine.

emby-windows server: 192.168.1.10

laptop: 192.168.1.60

Ok, would you take a screenshot of the firewall config on your router.

fcymk2

Ok, would you take a screenshot of the firewall config on your router.

594f7a9e3bb4c_2.png

594f79fb1f4b1_1.png

This is router setting for emby-windows-server.

When I use docker-server, I only change IP(192.168.1.10, windows-server) to 192.168.1.199(docker-server). 

Tur0k

Do you have to reboot your router after making changes to your port forwarding rules?

Agreed with @@Luke here, sounds like something is still blocking you in Windows (UAC, windows firewall, etc). Would you send a screen shot of windows firewall menu?