Unable to Connect to Home Server

Dizzy49
Go to solution Solved by Dizzy49,

Dizzy49

I have Emby for Android 3.8 client installed on my LG Gpad.

I am at my father's house.  When I bring up Emby, it connects to his server without issue.

I go to 'Select Server' and it displays both his server and mine at the top.  I tap on my server, the circle shows up for a few seconds, disappears and nothing happens.  No error, no confirmation, nothing.

I clicked 'Sign In with Emby Connect' and signed in.  Again, no confirmation, so I'm never sure if I actually signed in correctly, however, an incorrect signin gives you a warning.  IMO, the 'Sign in with Emby Connect' should disappear when you are signed in.

I tapped my server again, and the same thing happens.  Circle is there, then goes away, and nothing.

I then tried on my phone.  On my phone when I load Emby it goes right to the 'Select Server' screen.  However, I have the exact same results.  

I remoted into my home server and confirmed that Emby Server is running.

Kind of frustrating, we were really counting on being able to connect while on our trip.

clarkss12

Can you restart your server remotely?  I have that problem quite often.

Dizzy49

Ugh, damnit!!

I restarted the Emby server and that didn't do anything.

I tried to restart the entire server, but it didn't restart, it just Shutdown.  Now I have nothing, GRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Solution
Dizzy49

Had my father-in-law go over and start my server again.  I then had to log in and restart the server because Emby won't start with Windows for some reason (the setting to do so IS enabled).

I was finally able to connect.  Google Wifi had a server hiccup a month or so ago and blew out all my settings including port forwarding. (eyeroll)

As much as i like the google wifi, having the settings on THEIR server is a BAD idea, and since it's happened TWICE in the 6 months I've owned it, pretty much proves it...

Happy2Play

Had my father-in-law go over and start my server again.  I then had to log in and restart the server because Emby won't start with Windows for some reason (the setting to do so IS enabled).

I was finally able to connect.  Google Wifi had a server hiccup a month or so ago and blew out all my settings including port forwarding. (eyeroll)

As much as i like the google wifi, having the settings on THEIR server is a BAD idea, and since it's happened TWICE in the 6 months I've owned it, pretty much proves it...

Have you set the user?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/804-unable-to-access-media-when-running-server-as-a-service/

Edited by Happy2Play