Can only play media in browser, not apps - Moved houses, new router

NeauxGeaux

NeauxGeaux

I'll try to explain this as best I can.

Moved houses this week -- same computer setup just a different router.  Router is all set up correctly to port forward, etc.

I have NO problem streaming media through Chrome browser locally (wifi) or out-of-network. However, I cannot play ANY media on my Android Phone App (locally OR out-of-network) or Samsung TV App (locally connected).  Just to be clear, everything was working flawlessly before moving houses.

When attempting to stream via Android app or Samsung TV, I go to play a movie or tv show (have tried many different ones with different formats), then I get stuck on a black screen with the animated loading circle.

I have attached the logs.  No server settings have been changed, except for binding the new local IP address (previously was http://10.0.1.99, now it's http://192.168.1.99).  I have updated my dynamic DNS to account for the new ISP IP address.  I actually have a script that runs every 5 minutes checking for a new IP address thus updating the dynamic dns service (DuckDNS).  All of that is working properly, because I can load up the android/samsung TV app and browse the media, just cannot play it.

The log file attached is a log after a full restart, loading up the android app and trying to play a movie file.

I'm at a complete loss of what is going on.  Played with it for hours trying to figure it out to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edit 1:  The only errors I see in the log is this, which I am not sure what that is or if that is causing the problem.

Error HttpServer: Error in SharpWebSocket: An exception has occurred while receiving a message.. Exception.Message: The header part of a frame cannot be read from the data source.

Edit 2:  I just tried playing a music file on the android app and it works fine.  Another note, I did even try turning Hardware Acceleration off and still wasn't working.

Edit 3:  Interesting that I just came across this as well... not sure if related.  When at the dashboard and going to the Playback tab, I get stuck with the loading circle.  Attached is a screenshot of the console log.

Log.txt

post-104574-0-22750100-1497971253_thumb.png

Edited by NeauxGeaux

mwongjay

I'll try to explain this as best I can.

Moved houses this week -- same computer setup just a different router.  Router is all set up correctly to port forward, etc.

I have NO problem streaming media through Chrome browser locally (wifi) or out-of-network. However, I cannot play ANY media on my Android Phone App (locally OR out-of-network) or Samsung TV App (locally connected).  Just to be clear, everything was working flawlessly before moving houses.

When attempting to stream via Android app or Samsung TV, I go to play a movie or tv show (have tried many different ones with different formats), then I get stuck on a black screen with the animated loading circle.

I have attached the logs.  No server settings have been changed, except for binding the new local IP address (previously was http://10.0.1.99, now it's http://192.168.1.99).  I have updated my dynamic DNS to account for the new ISP IP address.  I actually have a script that runs every 5 minutes checking for a new IP address thus updating the dynamic dns service (DuckDNS).  All of that is working properly, because I can load up the android/samsung TV app and browse the media, just cannot play it.

The log file attached is a log after a full restart, loading up the android app and trying to play a movie file.

I'm at a complete loss of what is going on.  Played with it for hours trying to figure it out to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edit 1:  The only errors I see in the log is this, which I am not sure what that is or if that is causing the problem.

Error HttpServer: Error in SharpWebSocket: An exception has occurred while receiving a message.. Exception.Message: The header part of a frame cannot be read from the data source.

Edit 2:  I just tried playing a music file on the android app and it works fine.  Another note, I did even try turning Hardware Acceleration off and still wasn't working.

Edit 3:  Interesting that I just came across this as well... not sure if related.  When at the dashboard and going to the Playback tab, I get stuck with the loading circle.  Attached is a screenshot of the console log.

You should upload your server log and your transcode log. If I had to guess I'd say it's related to a transcoding error.

NeauxGeaux

I'm using http://app.emby.media on my computer (Chrome), whether on LAN or WAN (remotely) works perfectly fine.  I can play any media.

It's the apps that I'm having issues with -- Android App (LAN or WAN) and Samsung TV (LAN).

NeauxGeaux

Wait a second. Everything is randomly working now....

Edit:  Still having issues loading up the Playback settings page.  But I'm just glad I can use my apps now.  I have no idea what was going on to be honest.  Nothing has changed between yesterday and today.

Edited by NeauxGeaux

Ok that's an issue specific to cinema mode for the Mac server and it is resolved for the next release, thanks.