Win Key + 1 shortcut not working with Emby Theater

nnylray

nnylray

I use the Win Key + 1 shortcut to launch Emby Theater as well as gain focus when the program has lost focus.  That way I can always utilize my Harmony remote to show the Emby Theater program.

Recently, I can only use the shortcut to launch the program.  If the program ever loses focus, pressing Win Key + 1 does not bring focus back.

Could it have something to do with how the program is appearing in the taskbar?  The program expands separately, as shown on the right side.  Usually, other programs will expand in place when they are opened.

5946c959657ec_Untitled.png

The only way that I can get focus back is to use a mouse and click on the actual interface.  If I try to gain focus by clicking on Emby Theater in the taskbar, the program gets focus, but no item gets selected in the program, so I can't use a remote to move around.

• Like 1

Hi, it's a known issue for now. Just launch using the shortcut in the start menu. We'll resolve for a future update. thanks !

The program should never lose focus though, how is that happening?

As far as this:

If I try to gain focus by clicking on Emby Theater in the taskbar, the program gets focus, but no item gets selected in the program, so I can't use a remote to move around.

It should be resolved for the next release. If you can try this portable test version to confirm that would be helpful:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46763-theater-mpv-test/

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
Starlionblue

Hiya.

I still have this issue. The link in the taskbar is now "Electron" and clicking it gives me a dialog box. Any ideas?

That's a known issue that will be resolved in a future update. You can use the start menu or desktop shortcut for now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
nnylray

Sorry Luke, I just saw your comment about losing focus and trying out a test build.  The reason it loses focus is because I intentionally use a mouse on a 2nd monitor for other programs.  When I want to go back to using a remote, I want to be able to regain focus into Emby Theater just by using the remote.

The link for the test build is no longer active.

As of today, I am still unable to regain focus by using the remote only.  I have to use a mouse and click back in.

Edited by nnylray

• 1 month later...

Got it OK. The taskbar issue is still a known issue for now. Thanks.

Any chance this will get fixed?  It's kind of disappointing as a keyboard is essentially necessary for using the computer as a Theater client now.  

Starlionblue

Any chance this will get fixed? It's kind of disappointing as a keyboard is essentially necessary for using the computer as a Theater client now.

While I agree it is not ideal, you can get around it by setting ET to run at startup in the app preferences.

I also created a macro on the Harmony which restarts the HTPC using the command line “shutdown -r -t 5”. That way if there’s an issue any user can restart the machine from the remote and ET just starts automatically.

Edited by Starlionblue