How do I name split episodes?

tre4b

i have just uploaded a series to my Emby server that has a split episode i.e.  part A and B.  The normal naming I've used is    Series Name S02E01  etc.

I have tried keeping the numbers sequential, however clearly in the data it is something else.  I have then gone for Series Name S02E01A and Series Name S02E0B.  This time I got both writeups for episode A with a (1) added to it suggesting it knows about (2) and that I have been giving it the wrong format.

So my numpty question is how to I name the episodes to get the info correct?

It would appear we may have never implemented this. We'll look at it for a future update. For now the simplest thing to do would be to join the files. Thanks.

Phew, not me being an idiot this time then.  It clearly sees both episodes as 8 at the moment which I can live with, though I will see if I can combine the videos.  Probably the source data treats the split episode as the same one.  My example is Flash Season 2 8 a and b if you want to look sometime or have one for an example.  Or if you just want to watch a fun series ;-)

Thanks for the feedback and for entering on the wish list.

Trev

Deathsquirrel

You might want to look at the metadata for the episode(s) on tvdb.  Most of the time we're talking about two separate episodes in which case it would look like this:

\\tvshare\The Flash (2014)\Season 03\The Flash (2014) S03E13 Attack on Gorilla City (1).mkv

\\tvshare\The Flash (2014)\Season 03\The Flash (2014) S03E14 Attack on Central City (2).mkv

If you really have a single episode split into two parts though, say the first and second 21 minutes of S03E13 Attack on Gorilla City (1) you could combine them into one file with mkvmerge.