Can I use Emby on TerraMaster F2-420?

Kyouma

Hi @@Kyouma since it is linux based can it install standard .deb debian packages? If so then Emby should already work.

Kyouma

Hi @@Luke

I dont have this one, was thinking to buy this if Emby works on it. So i cant tell if .deb debian packages can be installed on that NAS

I couldnt find any useful information, if its possible or not. Was hoping to get that information here.

Edited by Kyouma

I don't have one either but I don't see why not. There are other linux based NAS devices that can install normal .deb packages.

• 2 months later...
mastrmind11

Well done!  I have no idea how many requests you get for this thing, but I have seen 2 since joining a couple years ago.  I don't personally use it (and never would) but nicely done on supporting it.

@@Luke

@@alucryd

Can you help me out on the installation of Emby? I unpacked the package and tried to start the app typing "service emby-server start" but it always says "emby-server not exists"

Im using PuTTY for this, first time working with this kind of programm and ssh in general, im quite a noob and have no plan what i have to do now.

0EaRgPq.png

alucryd

@@Kyouma

The instructions specifically say to cd to root before extracting, please follow them and it will work.

cd /
tar -xf ~/embyserver-terramaster-x64-%version%.tar.xz

You've extracted the archive contents in root's home, there should be 3 folders, opt, etc and etc.default, you might want to clean them up before proceeding.

Edited by alucryd

@@Luke

I tried to update it to the newest version, but i failed and did something wrong so i had to reinstall the OS on my NAS.

Now i wanted to install it once again, but i dont even know how i made it work the last time and now im stuck again on installing it.

Since im a noob on this, i will wait for the official app on the terramaster app store. Can you say how long this will take?

• 3 months later...

@@Kyouma

Great news. Emby Server for TerraMaster is finally in the TerraMaster app store for download. Unfortunately it took so long to get through their review process that the version in their store is a little out of date now.

We will always submit new versions immediately after release and hopefully going forward they will be approved quicker. Thanks !