NextPVR Issue

kingy444

kingy444

The system seems to currently be unable to setup a new recording or series record. Have done so in the past without issue. Logs Attached

Edited by kingy444

Sven

When was the last time you updated your Guide?

I see an error like this

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Do you also see the error in the nextpvr logs? We throw the "LiveTvConflictException" when we can't create the recording.

But I don't see more information in the exception message. :(

kingy444

Logs.zipguide is updated automatically every morning and night (every 12 hours)

while i couldn't schedule through emby, i spun up nextpvr manually and was able to record

logs folder attached, not sure what you needed

Sven

@@Luke it was not for this issue.

Still searching for the problem. Didn't find this one yet...

Edited by Sven

Sven

@@sub3 I see the record in the "web.log" from nextpvr. Any idea why we see the error in Emby?

Edited by Sven

kingy444

just curious, does the web.log record relate to the same time as the error in emby? after emby threw the error i went into nextpvr and manually set the record as mentioned.

@@sub3 I see the record in the "web.log" from nextpvr. Any idea why we see the error in Emby?

I see a lot of these messages in the web.log:

2017-06-18 18:15:45.326 [iNFO][27] externl access not allowed via NPVR Allow Remote Access API setting.

Is this access over the internet?

emveepee

I'd have to see the NextPVR logs. Also can you access that URL from a browser without a login prompt?

Martin

Edited by emveepee

Sven

@@emveepee he will post some new logs

I received them via PM..

But I see this in the logs

2017-06-21 15:38:24.721	[DEBUG][20]	
ChannelOID: 7184
startDate: 1/01/0001 12:00:00 AM
endDate: 1/01/0001 12:00:00 AM
manualRecTitle: 
epgeventOID: 2721302
keyWord: 
scheduleOID: 
recurrOID: 
recDirId: 
recDir: 
rules: 
recurringName: The Last Ship
qualityDefault: False
qualityGood: False
qualityBetter: False
qualityBest: False
pre_padding_min: 0
post_padding_min: 0
extend_end_time_min: 0
recurr_priority: 0
keep_all_days: False
days_to_keep: 0
onlyNew: False
isKeyword: False
recordOnce: False
recordThisTimeslot: False
recordAnyTimeslot: True
recordThisDay: False
recordAnyDay: True
recordSpecificdays: False
dayMonday: True
dayTuesday: True
dayWednesday: True
dayThursday: True
dayFriday: True
daySaturday: True
daySunday: True
allChannels: False
recColorRed: False
recColorYellow: False
recColorGreen: False
recColorBlue: False
2017-06-21 15:38:24.722	[DEBUG][20]	Unknown schedule record

The logs still seem to be full of errors about trying to do this remotely. 

kingy444, are you trying to access NextPVR on the local network, or across the internet? If the former, are you sure you're using a valid private address range? We've seen the occasional user with misconfigured network, using an invalid public address on their private network. 

It's receiving requests from 109.128.176.40, which is not valid private address that would be used on LAN. This is a public IP address. 

Edited by sub3

kingy444

emby and nextpvr are running on the same windows box (IP 10.0.0.42). Guide etc works fine, just recording seems to be broken though it has worked in the past
To request the recording i run emby from my laptop (10.0.0.5) to start the recording.

Note that if i run emby locally on 10.0.0.42 i get the same result as running on 10.0.0.5.

Likely the logs you are seeing are related to While Sven is troubleshooting remotely i strangely was receiving the errors you speak of when just using my local LAN (see the first Logs attachement, the second is @Sven)

Edited by kingy444

kingy444

I'd have to see the NextPVR logs. Also can you access that URL from a browser without a login prompt?

Martin

no - there is a login prompt

emveepee

As sub posted your browser test is odd since it shows a public IP not private and it is different from the previous problem. The log messages for Emby seem odd too, so I still think you should upgrade with the patch, patches become part of the base package anyway. Also you should have been prompted to login.

As for the problem Sven likely showed the real issue

2017-06-21 15:38:24.722 [DEBUG][20] Unknown schedule record

Using a different client I did most of the testing for the NEWA JSON API and I see you appear to be trying a manual recording not a typical EPG based recording. My client doesn't do manual recordings so this could well be a server side bug. Do EPG based recordings work?

Martin

Edited by emveepee

emveepee

Sven, it seems to be coming in as a manual recording type not EPG based. I don't now how to create these with NEWA JSON but this line looks wrong for an EPG recording.

recurringName: The Last Ship

and

earlier

recurringName: True Story With Hamish & Andy

Martin

Edited by emveepee

kingy444

I can confirm that i was clicking series record, just plain record does the same thing. Selecting and item from the epg

Likely the logs you are seeing are related to While Sven is troubleshooting remotely i strangely was receiving the errors you speak of when just using my local LAN (see the first Logs attachement, the second is Sven)
Ah, right. Ok, ignore my comments then.

I've ask UJB to take a look at this thread. He developed the NEWA interface that Emby uses to talk to NextPVR. He is best placed to interpret what the log messages mean.