Convert Tv recordings as a scheduled task

tdiguy

tdiguy

I don't know how many other people would care much about this. However i would love an option to convert recordings seamlessly through the interface.

For example i record The Big Bang Theory.

I know it can be converted on the fly but i use a pi as my emby server and without the hardware acceleration for mpeg2 working properly converting on the fly is cpu intensive. 

What i am thinking about is an option in the interface on the server side under live tv --> settings having more check boxes. one for convert on schedule and one for delete original ( the .ts file)

Then of course another option under scheduled tasks to convert live tv recordings. It would be very nice if this all also happened right in the directories the shows are first recorded in.

If you wanted to keep this as a premium feature i could easily understand since converting on the fly is a premium feature.

As always this is just my opinion.

Edited by tdiguy

tdiguy

Can't you use folder sync to do this now?

Yes, but its messy and auto organize seems to recognize a different naming convention.

I like the convention used for recording shows and the library recognizes the shows properly thanks i am guessing to the .nfo files.

to me the end goal of the feature would be to convert the files right in their respective directories and delete the mpeg2 files and have a library pointed to a parent directory.

Thinking about it a bit there might need to be more user set options like specifying which directories should be converted. In my case /media/emby/Recorded-TV/The Big Bang Theory so that the schedualed task in emby knows to look in that directory and convert *.ts files to *.mp4 probably should also be a user option to set the extension, mostly so it only converts non converted media rather than converting the same .mp4 files every night.

As always if i am crazy or saying something stupid please be kind but let me know. 

I have done a few pretty cool things on this little pi, but only because of the google gods.

tdiguy

Ugg, ok i think i figured out why auto organize was having a fit. Because i did not have the series path filled in the naming convention was not compatible with auto organize so everything i converted was not being recognized and moved so there were copies of files in 2 locations with somewhat annoying paths. 

This thread can be deleted. Sorry for wasting your time.

tdiguy

OK i thought i had it but i managed to create more libraries and files. For now i think i will look into making a script to just convert files and run it with cron.