How do I install trial themes?

Freman

So I tried to install Aztec but it wanted to be installed from the mbclassic configurator.

I tried to do as it asked but in the configurator it it requires a paid registration. I pressed intalll anyway, it appeared to download. However it does not show in the list of installed plugins and I cannot select it from within WMC MC3 config.

In the dashboard it states that I will only have to become a supporter after the 14 day trial period expires and that 'The trial period will expire in 5 days' UM excuse me but I only installed MB3 yesterday and tried to install Aztec tonight!

What the heck have I done wrong?

Looking at other plugins from the dashboard also indicates they have all expired!

I have put my MB2 supports key into MB3 has that screwed it up? OR is now a fact I have to pay to actually try each and every theme?

First, you can install themes directly inside of MBC now so use that interface instead of the configurator.

Please try and install it using this new interface and post a screen shot of what the installed plug-ins page (inside MBC) looks like.  Thx.

This morning the Aztec theme is now showing as installed inside MB3 within WMC....

And also on reopening the MB Classic Configurator it now appears... I took this screenshot prior to closing the configurator..5303cb8aba654_Plugins1.png

That's one heck of a delay. Last night I restarted MB3 & WMC multiple times to no avail. (I did not restart the server part of MB3 however)

Next...How do I fix the expired and incorrect trial days?

5303cc5d789dd_Plugin2.png

Edited by Freman

You first installed MB only a day or so ago?  We track the first time you check registration on a given machine (defined by a network mac address) and start the trial period from there.

Yep 1st time for a successful install. 

I did try to install one of early betas (I think the first that became available to download more than 6 months ago I think) but it failed miserably (or maybe I failed LOL). I could not get it to work at all so removed it within 10min of the attempt - put my HTPC back to the original MB. 

- I have made no other attempts to install any versions other than the version I have now which I installed successfully 2 day ago now

Edited by Freman

leedavies

Take a look in your C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Logs folder and find your most recent MBClassic log file.

Open the file in Notepad or your preferred text editor.

Search for the following phrase:

registration status

You should see a block like this for each of my themes you have installed:

2014-02-01 05:50:15.1876,Info,,**Breeze: Breeze theme registration status check with done True,, status MediaBrowser.Library.Registration.MBRegistrationRecord,9,
2014-02-01 05:50:15.1886,Info,,**Breeze: Breeze Theme status now Registered,9,
2014-02-01 05:50:15.1886,Info,,**Breeze: Breeze theme registered until 01 January 1900,9,

That will tell you what registration status and what expiration date is being returned by the MediaBrowser registration system.

Please post what you find.

2014-02-19 11:37:44.4659,Info,,**Breeze: Breeze theme registration status check with done True,, status MediaBrowser.Library.Registration.MBRegistrationRecord,9,
2014-02-19 11:37:44.4659,Info,,**Breeze: Breeze Theme status now Expired,9,
2014-02-19 11:37:44.4659,Info,,**Breeze: Breeze theme trial expired on Sunday,, 31 December 1899. You can buy it from the Plugins section of the MediaBrowser3 Dashboard,, or from the MediaBrowser Store at www.mediabrowser.tv/store,9,

Edited by Freman

Once you've hit the expiration date, those messages won't tell you much.

We have not had anyone have an issue with our expiration logic so far.  There must have been a point in time when you actually had MBC up and going and some of these items hit our registration check.

Please use one of these methods on your server machine to obtain your mac address and post it in here and I'll see what I can find out. 

Here is the same lines from a prior log...

2014-02-19 06:03:44.7726,Info,,**Breeze: Breeze theme registration status check with done True,, status MediaBrowser.Library.Registration.MBRegistrationRecord,9,
2014-02-19 06:03:44.7726,Info,,**Breeze: Breeze Theme status now Trial,9,
2014-02-19 06:03:44.7726,Info,,**Breeze: Breeze theme TRIAL mode until Wednesday,, 5 March 2014,9,

That is very interesting. Not sure how it could have gone from a couple weeks to expired in a few hours. 

Is your server running in a VM?

leedavies

Once you've hit the expiration date, those messages won't tell you much.

We have not had anyone have an issue with our expiration logic so far.  There must have been a point in time when you actually had MBC up and going and some of these items hit our registration check.

Please use one of these methods on your server machine to obtain your mac address and post it in here and I'll see what I can find out.

That's interesting to know. So once hit, the actual expiry date isn't accessible within MBT or by a theme?

That's interesting to know. So once hit, the actual expiry date isn't accessible within MBT or by a theme?

Correct. 

appears to be fixed now....

After EBR asked me if my date on the PC may be messed up I checked and it wasn't. But I got the bright idea of changing my regional setting to English US. Low and behold expired labels have disappeared and Breeze was showing 13 days to go. I then changed back to English (Aus) expecting it to go back to an expired state... But it did not so ATM it appears that switching temporarily to Region US has fixed it.

Just got back from work, media browser is back to showing everything as expired.

Appears there is a bug preventing from realising the correct date when using something different from US fiormat?

I can't figure out how this could be happening.  Also seems odd that no one would have run into it before.

What does the server report for registration status on these plug-ins?  Go into the detail page for them in the catalog in the web dashboard and it should tell you registration status there.

is this what you are after...5306755ff34f4_Dashboard.png

All the rest of the paid plugins also say the same. The Aztec one says I'm registered for it.

Edited by Freman