Samsung TV official app issues

medric

• 3 weeks later...
Morbeas

Hi there, it seems I have a similar problem again. When I click on a movie or TV show and go down to the Cast & Crew section and click on an actor's name, the screen that comes up is completely frozen and I cannot navigate. The only option that works in this screen is the back button. So for example I was just watching Logan and wanted to see what other movies I have of Hugh Jackman. When I click on his name it shows me his profile and lists all the movies I have of him but that screen is frozen and like I said, the only thing I can do is go back.

This is obviously not a deal breaker but very annoying nonetheless.

Thanks.

Hi there, it seems I have a similar problem again. When I click on a movie or TV show and go down to the Cast & Crew section and click on an actor's name, the screen that comes up is completely frozen and I cannot navigate. The only option that works in this screen is the back button. So for example I was just watching Logan and wanted to see what other movies I have of Hugh Jackman. When I click on his name it shows me his profile and lists all the movies I have of him but that screen is frozen and like I said, the only thing I can do is go back.

This is obviously not a deal breaker but very annoying nonetheless.

Thanks.

What model TV?

SolGersh32

Hello.

I'm using emby app on Samsung UN65KS8000F (2016). For first few days I had UI similar to what is shown here (https://emby.media/emby-for-samsung-smart-tv.html)

Then, suddenly, application changed to something very similar to what I see in browser client (http://{ipAddress}:8096). I wonder, was it update or did I messed up with some configuration parameters? If the latter, how would I revert it back to default view?

Thank you.

P.S. App. version on TV - 1.043

Edited by SolGersh32

Hi there, if you explore the settings in the app, you can change the style of the home screen as you desire. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

SolGersh32

Hi there, if you explore the settings in the app, you can change the style of the home screen as you desire. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Hello.

It was "TV mode home screen" setting - "vertical" vs. "horizontal". Apparently "vertical" makes TV app look exactly like browser version.

Thank you!

FrostByte

@@FrostByte are you able to reproduce this?

I'm not at home right now, but yes.  This was fixed in the Orsay app long time ago so I thought it was fixed in Tizen also and never reported it because my TV is so far behind in releases now.

Basically, you can't navigate on an actors page.  I can see the actors profile pic and description and the top portion of the first row of movies the actor is in, but you can't scroll down to select any of the movies.  All you can do is click Return liked mentioned.

Morbeas

Basically, you can't navigate on an actors page.  I can see the actors profile pic and description and the top portion of the first row of movies the actor is in, but you can't scroll down to select any of the movies.  All you can do is click Return liked mentioned.

Yup, this is precisely what's happening.

I'm assuming a fix will be implemented fairly quickly since it was already fixed for another platform?

Thanks again.

• 4 months later...
SolGersh32

Not working after update (?).

Re-installed on TV, still not working.

Symptoms: can navigate movies, but when I'm navigating to movie screen, I'm seeing circular loading bar, and buttons Play and Trailer are inactive.

Samsung SmartTV (UN65KS8000)
Emby Theater 1.0.48
Edited by SolGersh32

Not working after update (?).

Re-installed on TV, still not working.

Symptoms: can navigate movies, but when I'm navigating to movie screen, I'm seeing circular loading bar, and buttons Play and Trailer are inactive.

Samsung SmartTV (UN65KS8000)
Emby Theater 1.0.48

I apologize for this issue. If you install the beta server, it has a workaround that will resolve it. It will also be in the upcoming 3.6 release. Thanks.

Hello,

Couple issues I found.

TV App ver: 1.0.48

Emby Server ver: 3.5.3.0   and tried it on latest emby beta

Samsung TV model: UN65KS8000

Everything is on the local network.

Problem 1:

TV shows episodes not found in seasons folders. This only appears on the Samsung TV App; works fine on android app and other devices on the network.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAlTJxqwejc

Problem 2:

When you display info about actors, the page freezes; cannot navigate down to the other movies they starred in. The only option is to press back button.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/sqLnKHp.jpeg

Problem 3:

Playback problem with certain show. Can't really pinpoint the cause of this, but I'd like to point out that it works on every other device just fine. I tried to show it with 2 examples, #1 exhibits the problem, while #2 does not even though they are similar in size and encoding.

Example #1 (problem):

Meta data: https://i.imgur.com/HcEG4EO.jpeg

Video: https://youtu.be/KnISbVygzgE

Exmaple #2 (works fine):

What I tried to solve this:
1. Restarted emby server
2. Restarted TV app
3. Tried emby beta
4. Setup fresh emby server
5. Reinstalled TV app

I'd like to point out that TV shows displayed properly before. The actor info has never seemed to work fine. As far as the playback problem, not really sure if it's caused by the update or not since it's newly acquired show.

If you need any more info let me know.

Thanks!

Edit: I started to see the same issues as SolGersh32.
Edited by nopers

We have an update in Samsung review to resolve this. The beta server has added a workaround to prevent it from happening. Thanks guys.

shadetree

Server version 3.6.0.80 beta still has no effect to resolve the Samsung older firmware TV seasons issue, that's the same as "nopers, Problem 1, TV shows episodes not found in seasons folders" 

Is there no way to patch this yet, or do we need to wait thru the holidays without TV shows until the new firmware is released? 

jblaze12

Just to be clear the synology beta only resolves movie playback not missing tv episodes availability. I just upgraded to a Synology 1618+ and created a whole new server. Still same exact problem on Samsung.

I did notice how many improvements and even and update for synology was pushed (for the beta) and man, they are very busy added and changing stuff. So it's hard to be upset with the samsung side of emby breaking for so long. Merry Xmas (or whatever) and good will to the emby team.

shadetree

Every series has its own folder, even season and its own folder within the series, just as it's suggested in emby library setup guide.

Same setup too.