Samsung TV official app issues

medric

medric

I have downloaded the official app to my Samsung UN32H5500 and the scrolling circle looks pixelated and the generate pin does not work manual login is pixelated and missing icons i dont know how to change to numeric even when i plug in a keyboard it only shows the remote keypad in the corner and i cant switch i can navigate however the remote has issue one is that the vol up/down does not show on the screen the tools button no longer works like it did in the old unofficial store app

Hi, I'm having a hard time reading your report, but the pin login process was tested and verified by Samsung themselves. You need an active internet connection in order to be able to use that feature.

What tools button do you mean?

medric

i have an active internet connection and it works just a few issues i saw; on the remote there is a tool button that we could use it was on the old manual app it might have been deprecated over the new style . and as for the volume not showing up i thought you should know and the login i could not switch to numeric only the alpha and the overlay to the right that showed the options there icons was missing and it was shifted to the left. i am on the current firmware and i have two of the same tv and it does the same on both

FrostByte

Here is a pic of what my 2014 H-series remote looks like

593f3f899394f_samsungun55h6400productpho

At the bottom is the Menu key (on some remotes it's Tools) which with the old Orsay app brought up what you see when you click on the hamburger menu on the web client.  There were a few differences, but it pretty much mirrored what is on the web.

When manually logging on using my remote to switch from numeric, alpha, etc

Click "keypad" 

Navigate down to the underscore symbol "_" below the number 7 and click.  The keypad on the right should rotate between alpha, numeric, etc.  Just keep clicking "_" until you get the one you want

shorty1483

I have downloaded the official app to my Samsung UN32H5500 and the scrolling circle looks pixelated and the generate pin does not work manual login is pixelated and missing icons i dont know how to change to numeric even when i plug in a keyboard it only shows the remote keypad in the corner and i cant switch i can navigate however the remote has issue one is that the vol up/down does not show on the screen the tools button no longer works like it did in the old unofficial store app

Here is a pic of what my 2014 H-series remote looks like

593f3f899394f_samsungun55h6400productpho

At the bottom is the Menu key (on some remotes it's Tools) which with the old Orsay app brought up what you see when you click on the hamburger menu on the web client.  There were a few differences, but it pretty much mirrored what is on the web.

When manually logging on using my remote to switch from numeric, alpha, etc

Click "keypad" 

Navigate down to the underscore symbol "_" below the number 7 and click.  The keypad on the right should rotate between alpha, numeric, etc.  Just keep clicking "_" until you get the one you want

Thanks @@FrostByte !

If he has a H5500, then this should be his remote (same like mine, @@FrostByte 's shown above is the one with the infra pointer on the screen). This one also has a menu AND a tools button.

samsung-ue48h6270-fernseher-30880.jpg

@@medric pressing the TTX key left to 0 switches between TX9, ABC and 123.

@@Luke I guess @@medric means that the Tools button had several functions in the old app but I think it's not needed in the new app anymore. E.g. during playback, the Tools button activated the menu to choose Audio, Subs and Chapters. Now you can do it over the OSD directly. In the App GUI, if I remember correct, the Tools button activated the side menu (correct me @@FrostByte, I cannot test since I am at work).

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 1

yea I don't know what it would be needed for. i think we are actually catching it and triggering a menu command inside the app internally, but we're not doing anything with that at the moment.

• Like 2

FrostByte

@@Luke I guess @@medric means that the Tools button had several functions in the old app but I think it's not needed in the new app anymore. E.g. during playback, the Tools button activated the menu to choose Audio, Subs and Chapters. Now you can do it over the OSD directly. In the App GUI, if I remember correct, the Tools button activated the side menu (correct me @@FrostByte, I cannot test since I am at work).

You are correct Sir, though I've already deleted the old app so tomorrow I may forget already :)  

I've been using this app on my Tizen (and now my Orsay) TV side-by-side with the old app on my F8000 for awhile and haven't seen anything I can't do with the newer ET style one that I could with the older Orsay one as far as actual playback is concerned.  They are just different.  

SilentAssassin

Like @@medric mentions when you change volume on the TV the on screen volume indicator doesn't appear, the volume still does change though. TV is a H6400.

• 4 weeks later...

A 0.106 update has launched. The volume OSD should now appear as expected. Thanks.

medric

yes i ahve the long remote and i have done the update and still do not see the volume and i am also getting randomly kicked out of the app

Samsung UN32H5500

SilentAssassin

Not sure who you talking to but I did an update before trying so I knew it had updated to 106.

• 2 weeks later...
medric

after updating both my tv's i still have not sound display and i am still getting app crashing when you try to load a video or if you go to audio selection when view a video or randomly in the mist of watching said video

• 1 month later...
shorty1483

Since the update a few weeks ago both my  samsung tv's are working great

@@shorty1483

Unfortunately I had to switch back to german hub since just there I am able to see german Bundesliga Friday games. So I cannot test anymore until it's released on EU model hub or the files are available to throw them on USB.

Edited by shorty1483

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm using the samsung app. Perfect!

I have a question, is it possible to change the size of the screen? 4: 3 and 16: 9 .....

You mean during video playback?