Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

25 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

Episode Title Sequence Detection stayed at 87% for hours and no Intro skip entries in the log for the last few hours so I stopped and restarted Title Sequence Detection.
It then finshed in minutes. Everything perfect now.

chrome_IjM5HFLVU3.png

Do you have a log from when it got caught up?

Was fast detect on or off during that time?

It could be that a new item was added during the scan. This would throw off the progress calculations, and cause the task to sit idle, unable to get to 100%.

If that is the case, the we should consider killing the task, and restating it. 

I'm running a couple tests now to see if I can reproduce this. 

Edited by chef

Cheesegeezer
36 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

Episode Title Sequence Detection stayed at 87% for hours and no Intro skip entries in the log for the last few hours so I stopped and restarted Title Sequence Detection.
It then finshed in minutes. Everything perfect now.

chrome_IjM5HFLVU3.png

Now that's a good looking screenshot!! 

Good stuff.  We have noticed a couple of other times where users said that the detection just stopped and had to be restarted.

Thanks for reporting back to us!

From where can i take the plugin ? .

Intro skip is running well. .. plugin is completed?  

I would like to get that is a terrific improve 

19 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

Fast detect was on for that scan
And I checked, there was one new episode added during the scan according to my discord notifications.
I have attched yesterday log, filtered on Intro "Skip"
I think I restarted the scan around the 20:20 mark
https://0bin.net/paste/l3zAqMfm#5hStEmUAug8GUbHwG784F-NAGGUlMxqZkxejeXgqkXc

Thank you. 

In both the cases we have seen the task hault, fast detect has been on.

So it's a good place to start. 

I have almost finished my test db, and will hopefully find the problematic code.

• Thanks 2

Hello,

Wanted to pass along my test information.

I started the process on 11-10 around 11pm and it did seem to go a lot fast for me which finished about a day and a half.

The plugin did seem to pick up on the end credit start on all shows... sorry at least showing pics but no times. 

The plugin seems not to pick up on any intros. Not one show had a True Intro start and Intro end.

I had shared printscreens before that showed the plugin working for me with... so I will try to restart the scan process again and see what happens.  

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

All the shows below had worked before now only family guy. Also It seems Family guy was the only show that worked so far I have a lot to look at but from what I have seen so far. 

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.57d163f6d40b9985a9a7d83bac615a06.jpg

Screenshot_2.thumb.jpg.aad8ddb97b2fea28df7610db73bb8a8c.jpg

Screenshot_3.thumb.jpg.17f3ebe9eb9b6df537b531f249b4a5e5.jpg

Edited by STR8

3 minutes ago, STR8 said:

Hello,

Wanted to pass along my test information.

I started the process on 11-10 around 11pm and it did seem to go a lot fast for me which finished about a day and a half.

The plugin did seem to pick up on the end credit start on all shows

The plugin seems not to pick up on any intros. Not one show had a True Intro start and Intro end.

I had shared printscreens before that showed the plugin working for me with... so I will try to restart the scan process again and see what happens.  

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

All the shows below had worked before now only family guy. Also It seems Family guy was the only show that worked so far I have a lot to look at but from what I have seen so far. 

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.57d163f6d40b9985a9a7d83bac615a06.jpg

Screenshot_2.thumb.jpg.aad8ddb97b2fea28df7610db73bb8a8c.jpg

Screenshot_3.thumb.jpg.17f3ebe9eb9b6df537b531f249b4a5e5.jpg

Excellent, thank you very much for being a part of this.

Was fast detect on or off during this scan?

1 hour ago, Midaz said:

From where can i take the plugin ? .

Intro skip is running well. .. plugin is completed?  

I would like to get that is a terrific improve 

@Midaz Welcome! There is a thread showing how to side load and test the plugin.

It is still in beta testing, but we'd love some feed back after completing the tasks.

I know it mentions it in the thread, but please consider creating a small test library. Entire libraries aren't recommended, however it has been done.  😃.

So after turning the fast detection off it still ran really quickly with the same results so I just deleted the DB and will start fresh without the fast detection on. 

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, STR8 said:

So after turning the fast detection off it still ran really quickly with the same results so I just deleted the DB and will start fresh without the fast detection on. 

Thanks STR8, keep us posted please!

10 hours ago, STR8 said:

Thanks so much. 

How many series did you scan for the test?

It is possible that for most series with  common end credit sequences, having the option on or off won't make a difference.

But, for series where the end credit sequences are different throughout the season, using the extra detection will.

A total of 272 shows... don't know how many episodes that is but it's my entire tv show library. 

I'm at 43% fingerprinting so far so it's a waiting game for now. 

• Thanks 1

.18 beta just updated FFmpeg to 4.5 and I am wondering if this can have some impact (positive or negative) on all this (fingerprinting, detection, etc.)?

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, neik said:

.18 beta just updated FFmpeg to 4.5 and I am wondering if this can have some impact (positive or negative) on all this (fingerprinting, detection, etc.)?

it shouldn't do. as we are using the chroma print function and also the black detects, however, i will read up on the changelog for ffmpeg.

Thanks for letting us know.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update.

I'm only at 27% of the title detection but I was able to see a few shows that have produce the start and end of the intros along with the end credits.

I'm confident that the fast detection was the issue for me. Once it was turned it was a longer process but with greater accuracy and results so far.

Will share more when 100% complete.

fallenwitch3r

The Episode title sequence detection task breaks up after each season. I have to restart after every interruption.

Fast detection was on during audio fingerprinting.

Any ideas how to fix the interruption during the episode title sequence detection?

rbjtech
2 hours ago, fallenwitch3r said:

There is no GUI skip button after scanning all episodes. 🤷‍♂️

Currently, the Intro Data can only be used via the Chapters Feature (you'll need to be using the beta to see them in a web browser, other clients have this already).

Once we have confidence the Intro/End credit detection is solid - then it will be incorporated into the core system with a 'Skip' button on the UI as the Intro is reached.

As an example (yellow highlight) :

Capture.PNG.e539444458c9037204d15992e59ace7d.PNG

Thanks for testing - can you kindly provide feedback on the accuracy of the Intro's ?

52 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Once we have confidence the Intro/End credit detection is solid - then it will be incorporated into the core system with a 'Skip' button on the UI as the Intro is reached.

Is this confirmed by Emby devs?

fallenwitch3r
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Thanks for testing - can you kindly provide feedback on the accuracy of the Intro's ?

The accuracy is really good. Sometimes there is a delay between 0,5 - 1,0 Second after the intro starts. Skipping reacaps  could be a nice feature..

• Thanks 2

rbjtech
1 minute ago, fallenwitch3r said:

The accuracy is really good. Sometimes there is a delay between 0,5 - 1,0 Second after the intro starts. Skipping reacaps  could be a nice feature..

Thanks - yes the design is to always ensure the Intro Start is a little 'late' rather than early and subsequently the Intro End is a little 'early' - then if you have the Auto Skip enabled (when it comes..) then you don't ever miss real content. 

On recaps - yes, this is tough one as they are impossible to automatically detect.  The recap (if it exists) will almost certainly start at 0:00 and if the Intro immediately follows - then it's fairly easy to deduce the 'recap' part.  However - a lot of shows have the Intro partially way though the show - so now we have no way of knowing what is a recap and what is 'new' content before the Intro starts.

It also of course also depends on the source - Premier TV recordings generally have a recap, but repeats/DVD/Blu-Ray versions will not.

During the development, we had an 'include recap' option per show (default to off) and if your show Intro was directly after the recap - then by turning this on, you skipped the recaps too but it caused possible confusion for the initial release - so it was disabled.

Once we have completed the main Intro and End credit functions - then this can possibly be added back in -  @Cheesegeezer/ @chef ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
25 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

This is very tricky and we have debated this several times, with fairly extreme views.  Unfortunately there is no way to programattically identify Recaps other than user input or generating a database by the users that would identify these.. then the problem lies with that, in people have different encodings and versions where recaps may or may not be available.  

So our solution for this would be to give the user an option for each show season and episode, where the user can enable an Recap skip option - which would assume that everything before the intro is a Recap.

Granted not all shows use this philosophy, so thats why it's important for the user to enable this at an episode level, but if a TV Show/Series always adopts this policy - then to have that facility to enable Recap skip for all episodes, so there aren't hundreds of clicks the user has to go thru if there is a show with 23 seasons and 24 episodes per season.

We have this code already in the database and the UI, we just want to ensure that these tests for intro and end credits are solid and relieable before we move to the next stage.

image.png.43158ae0b1fb10d59a2679f49f010867.png 

There is also a column next to the end credits that allow for individual episodes to be checked in that season

image.png.fdaf51eadb48633f7522181fae6f5f5f.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 2