Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

I don't seem to get "stats" to work.
No matter if the trigger "Enable All Stats" is set, I don't see anything in the UI altough I can see it being calculated in the logs.
Anything in particular that I need to consider to get stats working?

Sort of feature request:
Is it possible for you guys to cache the extracted images somehow? Extracting them everytime with network storage is kind of bad performance-wise.

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, neik said:

I don't seem to get "stats" to work.
No matter if the trigger "Enable All Stats" is set, I don't see anything in the UI altough I can see it being calculated in the logs.
Anything in particular that I need to consider to get stats working?

Sort of feature request:
Is it possible for you guys to cache the extracted images somehow? Extracting them everytime with network storage is kind of bad performance-wise.

Hi Neik.  So the stats are slow to populate in your version.  in the next version they require a task to be run and then are written to txt file (which you can import to excel or whatever you like) and they are pretty quick to populate.  @rbjtech has over 30000 episodes and he had to wait about 20mins for the list to populate, which is why we have changed the way they are produced.

That is a pretty good idea to cache the images.  We chose not to do this, so as to avoid adding unnecessary disk space usage, might be worth us adding in an option, so the user can choose if they want to cache the images.  @chef what do you think?

Edited by Cheesegeezer

I have now also tested it, and have encountered the problem that if I want to adjust the times for the intro in a series and press "Save", this is not saved. So you get no feedback such as "times saved" and if I close the plugin settings and open again, are also again the wrong start and end points for the episode. 

And another question: A Skip Intro button does not exist at this time?

Cheesegeezer
13 minutes ago, Justus said:

I have now also tested it, and have encountered the problem that if I want to adjust the times for the intro in a series and press "Save", this is not saved. So you get no feedback such as "times saved" and if I close the plugin settings and open again, are also again the wrong start and end points for the episode. 

And another question: A Skip Intro button does not exist at this time?

Hello Justus,  That's odd.  if the save is successful the page should reload. 

Can you clear your browser cache and try again.  Also which version do you have installed?

What OS are you using, do you have the correct permissions.  Are you trying to do this while an IntroSkip scan is taking place?  This will lock the database and prevent anything being written or read.

Can you enable debug logging and reproduce the issue. Post the log here or PM to myself or @chef

this information would be greatly appreciated.

No introskip button yet, the Emby Admin will be introducing this. 

Edited by Cheesegeezer

rbjtech
On 30/10/2021 at 20:26, Cheesegeezer said:

That is a pretty good idea to cache the images.  We chose not to do this, so as to avoid adding unnecessary disk space usage, might be worth us adding in an option, so the user can choose if they want to cache the images.  @chef what do you think?

The idea of reviewing the Intro Start/End images is to simply visually confirm the accuracy of the time stamps - once reviewed, they serve no other useful purpose - so caching them does not seem necessary ?  If you were to review the same item more than once, then yes a cache would help, but that is not the intention here ?

@chef/ @Cheesegeezer -  If you edit the time on an item, I can't remember if it updates just that image when you hit save ? 

edit - Answering my own question - yes it does.   Cool, so if you notice an item is off, update it manually, hit Save, the image for that item (only) will refresh.  So I don;t think there is any need to cache all the images - as above, once viewed, they serve no further purpose as any edits will get new images anyway.

Edited by rbjtech

So has clearing the browser cache worked for you @Justus?

On 10/30/2021 at 3:26 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Hi Neik.  So the stats are slow to populate in your version.  in the next version they require a task to be run and then are written to txt file (which you can import to excel or whatever you like) and they are pretty quick to populate.  @rbjtech has over 30000 episodes and he had to wait about 20mins for the list to populate, which is why we have changed the way they are produced.

It is definitely a lot of images to cache. There could be an option to turn that on, but I have to agree that it is a lot of space to use, and they aren't used for anything other then seeing if they line up (more or less) in the UI.

I'd be hesitant to save them all, but it isn't impossible.

@chef @Cheesegeezer 

I have cleared the cache, reloaded the page and also tried with another browser, Same problem.
The server is running on the 4.7.0.15 beta on a Windows machine. 
The IntroSkip plugin is what is attached in your instructions for IntroSkip in the 3rd post (0.0.1.15).  As per the instructions, I first ran the Audio Fingerprinting task, which took 4 hours and 19 minutes for 42 series with a total of 2587 episodes. Then the Episode Title Sequence Detection, which took 4 hours and 26 minutes. No task is running right now and I should have permissions for it. I have sent the logfile both for you via PM.

1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

No introskip button yet, the Emby Admin will be introducing this. 

All right, thanks! I'm very happy that it has come so far with this plugin since I've been following it since the beginning of this thread. Big kudos to you and everyone who worked on it!

Edited by Justus
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2021 at 9:26 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

You are right, I just didn't wait enough time for it to populate the UI with the gathered information.

On 10/30/2021 at 9:26 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

After thinking about it a bit more I would tend to say, caching the images for those seasons that were 100% detected is not necessary as the probability of it being correct is relatively high. On the other hand caching them for those seasons that != 100% could be an option and would greatly reduce the amount of images to cache.

@rbjtech / @chef what do you think?

rbjtech
12 hours ago, neik said:

After thinking about it a bit more I would tend to say, caching the images for those seasons that were 100% detected is not necessary as the probability of it being correct is relatively high. On the other hand caching them for those seasons that != 100% could be an option and would greatly reduce the amount of images to cache.

Hi @neik 

We are dynamically extracting the images on demand from the media file at the exact point specified - this is technically slower than just reading a pre-saved image file I agree - but as a 'one off' exercise for a manual review, the performance appears to be acceptable on the testing we did (generating/loading the season within approx 1 second).    What sort of delay are you experiencing when loading the images ?  If you select the next season and then go back to the previous one, is the loading much faster ?

Edited by rbjtech
  • Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
13 hours ago, neik said:

You are right, I just didn't wait enough time for it to populate the UI with the gathered information.

we did some calculations and from 4000 epsiodes to 30000episodes, the disk space was approx 5.4Gb upto 41Gb to cache the images.

10 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

we did some calculations and from 4000 epsiodes to 30000episodes, the disk space was approx 5.4Gb upto 41Gb to cache the images.

Yeah, well that's a bit over the top.
Anyways, thanks for at least considering my suggestion. 🙂

fbrassin

I've got a question about introskip.

Does this works only if i play on web app or also if i play with Apple tv  app?

Tnx

rbjtech
3 minutes ago, fbrassin said:

I've got a question about introskip.

Does this works only if i play on web app or also if i play with Apple tv  app?

Tnx

Currently, the IntroSkip data is only applied to the Chapters (if you set that option) - for the Intro's to be skipped automatically or using a single button press - requires the Core Development team to integrate the changes.  I'm unsure of their intentions, but we are hoping that once we have enough positive feedback on this Beta Plugin - they will add this much needed feature using the plugin data. 👍

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

fbrassin
49 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Currently, the IntroSkip data is only applied to the Chapters (if you set that option) - for the Intro's to be skipped automatically or using a single button press - requires the Core Development team to integrate the changes.  I'm unsure of their intentions, but we are hoping that once we have enough positive feedback on this Beta Plugin - they will add this much needed feature using the plugin data. 👍

Tnx for your answer, BTW where can i find this plugin?

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, fbrassin said:

Tnx for your answer, BTW where can i find this plugin?

tools and utilities section

On 10/25/2021 at 4:40 PM, LordMike said:

Hi,

This looks really cool - I'm trying to make it work to ease a migration from Plex (or to stay on Plex if its better).. I've tried introducing IntroSkip, but I keep hitting a NullReferenceException, and I'm not sure why it appears.

2021-10-25 23:36:12.805 Info Intro Skip: FINGERPRINT: Starting episode fingerprint task.
2021-10-25 23:36:12.806 Error TaskManager: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.0.15
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-77-generic (buildd@lgw01-amd64-028) (gcc version 9.3.0 (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04)) #86-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 17 02:35:03 UTC 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.17
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at IntroSkip.AudioFingerprinting.AudioFingerprintScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
	Source: IntroSkip
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

I believe I've followed the steps to set up - as I didn't need to configure any processor counts, I just started the fingerprinting task.

UPDATE: I've passed it by adding an excluded show.. (or by virtue of saving the settings page) and now it works.. Removing the excluded shows still lets it start the task. ... so perhaps just a fluke.

I decompiled the code, and it looks like the "Plugin.Instance.Configuration" could have been null.. given that saving a config "fixed" it.

I have an almost identical error on the Chapter Insertion task trying to run. Immediately fails after the previous two tasks completed (seemingly?) successfully.

2021-11-08 09:36:16.764 Error TaskManager: Error
    *** Error Report ***
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Linux version 5.10.28-Unraid (root@Develop) (gcc (GCC) 9.3.0, GNU ld version 2.33.1-slack15) #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 08:23:18 PDT 2021
    Processor count: 20
    System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations

2021-11-08 09:36:16.765 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to 172.18.0.1. Time: 1ms. http://server.local:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Firefox macOS&X-Emby-Device-Id=aa984f73-8919-4c8d-b9a0-d450efc67af4&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.0.15
2021-11-08 09:36:16.766 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json

Running latest plugin and latest beta container. How can I help diagnose?

Cheesegeezer

S

35 minutes ago, lwndow said:

I have an almost identical error on the Chapter Insertion task trying to run. Immediately fails after the previous two tasks completed (seemingly?) successfully.

*** Error Report ***
    Operating system: Linux version 5.10.28-Unraid (root@Develop) (gcc (GCC) 9.3.0, GNU ld version 2.33.1-slack15) #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 08:23:18 PDT 2021

2021-11-08 09:36:16.765 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to 172.18.0.1. Time: 1ms. http://server.local:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Firefox macOS&X-Emby-Device-Id=aa984f73-8919-4c8d-b9a0-d450efc67af4&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.0.15
2021-11-08 09:36:16.766 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json

Sorry, we kinda got way laid.  We have another release to push. Which will be today or tomorrow.  We have been doing a lot of fixing and this is one thing we caught in our testing.

Will be fixed in the next release.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

S

Sorry, we kinda got way laid.  We have another release to push. Which will be today or tomorrow.  We have been doing a lot of fixing and this is one thing we caught in our testing.

Will be fixed in the next release.  

Completely understandable. Cheers for all the work on this!

47 minutes ago, lwndow said:

*** Error Report ***

Yes, we should have updated the configuration xml when the plugin started.

It was looking for it, but it didn't exist yet.

Ops! 😬

We'll be good to go tomorrow with the next release.

The database has changed for the newest release. Unfortunately, this will mean building it from scratch.

But, it will most likely be the last time we would ask testers to remove and rebuild the database.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

new dll released.....

Please see this post for more details

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/101687-introskip-instructions-beta-releases/&do=findComment&comment=1067501

Please test and report back, we think this will be the last hopefully.

Thanks for all your help and support

• Like 2

Thank you once again for the work you guys are putting into this.

I started over fingerprinting my prod. system and it seems to be lighter on the system with the latest release.
Might be a wrong impression of mine but it seems so at least...

Let's see how it works out, can't wait for it to finish. 🙂 

• Thanks 2

BaukeZwart

Could be 0.0.1.21 is lighter but it's much slower for me.
With the previous build the whole initial run took about 2,5 hours.

Now it's running for over 8h and Episode Title Sequence Detection is at 87%.

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
Just now, BaukeZwart said:

it's longer now because end credits are being detected also.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

image.thumb.png.ca1b824bcd86c1dfbefd339ccdc9e260.png

• Like 1

BaukeZwart

Episode Title Sequence Detection stayed at 87% for hours and no Intro skip entries in the log for the last few hours so I stopped and restarted Title Sequence Detection.
It then finshed in minutes. Everything perfect now.

chrome_IjM5HFLVU3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1