Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Those who have already run the tasks: Can you say how the results compare to Plex?
Would be quite interested in case someone can compare...

53 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

I started fresh with fast detect off. Curious to see the outcome of that. 

As am I. 

44 minutes ago, neik said:

Those who have already run the tasks: Can you say how the results compare to Plex?

Duh dun daaaaah! 😳😜😆 Oh boy, now it's really on. 😂

• Haha 2

rbjtech
6 hours ago, neik said:

So this probably not a fair comparison at this point in the Beta - you are the initial set of Beta Testers and this is not a 'Released' function within Emby.    Having said that, in my pretty comprehensive testing thus far - accuracy has been almost perfect for the majority of shows.

Emby Introskip does however already have some advantages over Plex, and that is the ability to modify the Intro times should you need to.   It will also have another yet to be announced feature that I don't believe even Plex has yet.

However, one major advantage Plex has over Emby is the actual integration of the Intro Data into the Clients - this is 'coming' but we need confidence that the Intro data gathered warrants integration into the Core system - this is where you all come in - so thanks for helping to test and validate we are on the correct path. 👍 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

I understand this is still beta and work-in-progress, was more wondering about the accuracy of the intro detection comparing one to another. 😉

6 hours ago, rbjtech said:

accuracy has been almost perfect for the majority of shows.

This sounds good though.

6 hours ago, rbjtech said:

It will also have another yet to be announced feature that I don't believe even Plex has yet.

And this sounds even better! 🙂 

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, neik said:

I understand this is still beta and work-in-progress, was more wondering about the accuracy of the intro detection comparing one to another. 😉

This sounds good though.

And this sounds even better! 🙂 

I believe that Plex are using a commercial solution (not written in house but adapted for their platform), 

jyggen/intro-detection-info: CLI tool to show information related to Plex's intro detection feature. (github.com)

After the full library scan, I tried to reset season 01 data for Better Call Saul since didn't catch all intros.

Now that I am trying to run the Title Sequence detection again (after another fingerprinting) I am getting following error:

2021-10-22 13:02:00.890 Debug Intro Skip: Better Call Saul - Temporada 1 - E: 1 matched E: 4 - detection took 5263 milliseconds.
2021-10-22 13:02:26.079 Debug Intro Skip: Unable to match Better Call Saul Temporada 1 E: 9 with E: 10
2021-10-22 13:02:26.104 Debug Intro Skip: Unable to match Better Call Saul Temporada 1 E: 1 with E: 10
2021-10-22 13:03:06.437 Debug Intro Skip: Unable to match Better Call Saul Temporada 1 E: 3 with E: 10
2021-10-22 13:03:41.821 Debug Intro Skip: Unable to match Better Call Saul Temporada 1 E: 7 with E: 10
2021-10-22 13:03:41.822 Debug Intro Skip: DETECTION: Common duration for  Better Call Saul - Temporada 1 intro is: 00:00:15 - calculated from: 2 results
2021-10-22 13:03:41.826 Debug Intro Skip: DETECTION: Best result:  Better Call Saul - Temporada 1 E:4 
START: 00:05:16 
END: 00:05:31 
CONFIDENCE: 1
2021-10-22 13:03:41.827 Warn Intro Skip: One or more errors occurred. (One or more errors occurred. (One or more errors occurred. (Sequence contains no elements)) (Sequence contains no elements))
2021-10-22 13:03:42.207 Debug TaskManager: Episode Title Sequence Detection Completed after 2 minute(s) and 1 seconds

Wonder what is it about.

I am using Detection confidence = 1

12 minutes ago, Gohlas said:

After the full library scan, I tried to reset season 01 data for Better Call Saul since didn't catch all intros.

Now that I am trying to run the Title Sequence detection again (after another fingerprinting) I am getting following error:

2021-10-22 13:02:00.890 Debug Intro Skip: Better Call Saul - Temporada 1 - E: 1 matched E: 4 - detection took 5263 milliseconds.
2021-10-22 13:02:26.079 Debug Intro Skip: Unable to match Better Call Saul Temporada 1 E: 9 with E: 10
2021-10-22 13:02:26.104 Debug Intro Skip: Unable to match Better Call Saul Temporada 1 E: 1 with E: 10
2021-10-22 13:03:06.437 Debug Intro Skip: Unable to match Better Call Saul Temporada 1 E: 3 with E: 10
2021-10-22 13:03:41.821 Debug Intro Skip: Unable to match Better Call Saul Temporada 1 E: 7 with E: 10
2021-10-22 13:03:41.822 Debug Intro Skip: DETECTION: Common duration for  Better Call Saul - Temporada 1 intro is: 00:00:15 - calculated from: 2 results
2021-10-22 13:03:41.826 Debug Intro Skip: DETECTION: Best result:  Better Call Saul - Temporada 1 E:4 
START: 00:05:16 
END: 00:05:31 
CONFIDENCE: 1
2021-10-22 13:03:41.827 Warn Intro Skip: One or more errors occurred. (One or more errors occurred. (One or more errors occurred. (Sequence contains no elements)) (Sequence contains no elements))
2021-10-22 13:03:42.207 Debug TaskManager: Episode Title Sequence Detection Completed after 2 minute(s) and 1 seconds

Wonder what is it about.

I am using Detection confidence = 1

I have squashed this in an upcoming release.   Thank you 😃🤟

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
6 hours ago, blackstar88 said:

Hi where can I find the Download link for trying it out the 2.1 latest version? Ty

Its in another thread under tools and utilities.

please remember we are still development testing so a smallish library of 500-1000 episodes is recommended.  

The next release will require a full new scan and detection.

Cheesegeezer
6 hours ago, blackstar88 said:

Hi where can I find the Download link for trying it out the 2.1 latest version? Ty

Here... The instruction need updating as a lot has changed since I wrote them, however the general workflow is the same, just different layout now.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/101687-introskip-instructions-beta-releases/

54 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Its in another thread under tools and utilities.

please remember we are still development testing so a smallish library of 500-1000 episodes is recommended.  

The next release will require a full new scan and detection.

2.1 ? My current plugin version is 0.0.1.15 iirc?!

You mean with the release new fingerprinting is also required?

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, neik said:

2.1 ? My current plugin version is 0.0.1.15 iirc?!

You mean with the release new fingerprinting is also required?

I didn't say 2.1, the other dude did. i just pointed him to the lastest.

Any you are correct neik. 0.0.1.15 is the latest.

I mean in the next release new FP and detection will be required.  We have an amazing suprise for you all :) 

• Thanks 1

blackstar88
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I didn't say 2.1, the other dude did. i just pointed him to the lastest.

Any you are correct neik. 0.0.1.15 is the latest.

I mean in the next release new FP and detection will be required.  We have an amazing suprise for you all :) 

in the section u posted it says version 2.1.0.0 ... and 3rd post says  0.0.1.15 revision rewind...

On 9/14/2021 at 9:19 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

VERSION 2.1.0.0 -

so my question sorry for being newb... but it it this link ? from the page u sayd 

https://emby.media/community/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=111967&key=52993ba6e6ea3a62f5dd8e77abcca8e7

or is it this one?

https://emby.media/community/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=89938

Edited by blackstar88
missed paste last link

Cheesegeezer
13 minutes ago, blackstar88 said:

in the section u posted it says version 2.1.0.0 ... and 3rd post says  0.0.1.15 revision rewind...

so my question sorry for being newb... but it it this link ? from the page u sayd 

https://emby.media/community/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=111967&key=52993ba6e6ea3a62f5dd8e77abcca8e7

or is it this one?

https://emby.media/community/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=89938 5.22 MB · 38 downloads

Latest version is 0.0.1.15.

it does state that the instructions need updating. I just don’t have the time at the moment.

cheers

LordMike

Hi,

This looks really cool - I'm trying to make it work to ease a migration from Plex (or to stay on Plex if its better).. I've tried introducing IntroSkip, but I keep hitting a NullReferenceException, and I'm not sure why it appears.

2021-10-25 23:36:12.805 Info Intro Skip: FINGERPRINT: Starting episode fingerprint task.
2021-10-25 23:36:12.806 Error TaskManager: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.0.15
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-77-generic (buildd@lgw01-amd64-028) (gcc version 9.3.0 (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04)) #86-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 17 02:35:03 UTC 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.17
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at IntroSkip.AudioFingerprinting.AudioFingerprintScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
	Source: IntroSkip
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

I believe I've followed the steps to set up - as I didn't need to configure any processor counts, I just started the fingerprinting task.

UPDATE: I've passed it by adding an excluded show.. (or by virtue of saving the settings page) and now it works.. Removing the excluded shows still lets it start the task. ... so perhaps just a fluke.

I decompiled the code, and it looks like the "Plugin.Instance.Configuration" could have been null.. given that saving a config "fixed" it.

Edited by CBers
Removed code at owner's request.

4 minutes ago, LordMike said:

Hi,

This looks really cool - I'm trying to make it work to ease a migration from Plex (or to stay on Plex if its better).. I've tried introducing IntroSkip, but I keep hitting a NullReferenceException, and I'm not sure why it appears.

2021-10-25 23:36:12.805 Info Intro Skip: FINGERPRINT: Starting episode fingerprint task.
2021-10-25 23:36:12.806 Error TaskManager: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.0.15
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-77-generic (buildd@lgw01-amd64-028) (gcc version 9.3.0 (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04)) #86-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 17 02:35:03 UTC 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.17
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at IntroSkip.AudioFingerprinting.AudioFingerprintScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
	Source: IntroSkip
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

I believe I've followed the steps to set up - as I didn't need to configure any processor counts, I just started the fingerprinting task.

UPDATE: I've passed it by adding an excluded show.. (or by virtue of saving the settings page) and now it works.. Removing the excluded shows still lets it start the task. ... so perhaps just a fluke.

Actually, this is important.

We can narrow down the problematic code, because it seems to be at a series level.

So thank you for that!

I know exactly what it is.

@Cheesegeezer, in the initial query for series items we use a condition that says if the exclude list has items, then use the array if item IDs in the exclude parameter if the query.

My hunch is that by passing the empty array into the query, we are throwing the Null exception, if the array is empty.

The condition should perhaps loon at the length of the array in the condition.

Or even if we '.ToList()' then check '.Any()'.

Thank you again @LordMike. This project is still a work in progress. But we've come a long way. Appreciate the feedback, and looking forward to more from you.

LordMike
9 hours ago, chef said:

Thank you again @LordMike. This project is still a work in progress. But we've come a long way. Appreciate the feedback, and looking forward to more from you.

I looked at some other pieces of code and found other fun stuff - for example, in the "AudioFingerprintManager", there is a stray "Task.Delay(300, cancellationToken);" that isn't awaited, and therefore isn't used for anything.. 

Is there a source repository or somewhere I can report this? 

CBers
16 minutes ago, LordMike said:

I looked at some other pieces of code and found other fun stuff - for example, in the "AudioFingerprintManager", there is a stray "Task.Delay(300, cancellationToken);" that isn't awaited, and therefore isn't used for anything.. 

Please wait for @chef and/or @Cheesegeezer to reply.

In the meantime, please also refrain from posting any code on these forums, or anywhere else.

Thanks.

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, LordMike said:

Good Morning Mike, I have sent you a PM and we can take the coding discussion there if you don't mind.  Appreciate the tips 👍

2 hours ago, CBers said:

Please wait for @chef and/or @Cheesegeezer to reply.

In the meantime, please also refrain from posting any code on these forums, or anywhere else.

Thanks.

I'm replying Cbers hahahaa 🤪

thanks for you help bud

• Haha 1

Cheesegeezer

Hello all, sorry that we've been very quiet on this side of things but as you will see we have been very busy improving IntroSkip even more to bring a full featured and rounded plugin.

I'll let you see if you can spot the upgrades

We are still testing at the moment and then will do some polishing of the UI and performance improvements and then we will let it lose to you lot for a grueling testing phase before hopefully a final release.

image.thumb.png.065e339141f6c493e703bbb7404c523d.png

image.thumb.png.98d0bc49a17930e568fd3a4d8161c55f.png

image.thumb.png.5b403daf58512111c7aa669791572cf8.png

• Like 10

On 10/27/2021 at 12:16 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

We are still testing at the moment and then will do some polishing of the UI and performance improvements and then we will let it lose to you lot for a grueling testing phase before hopefully a final release.

Very nice progress indeed, looking forward to the release.

My detection (v.0.0.1.15) finished one of these days, are you interested in feedback?

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, neik said:

Very nice progress indeed, looking forward to the release.

My detection (v.0.0.1.15) finished one of these days, are you interested in feedback?

yes absolutely please