Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

chef
2 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Vikings Valhala is actually over 3 mins, it's the longest one i know so far

@chef what do you think about doing a 2min check and if nothing found moved to 4mins?

image.png.6ca1ef490dce7babe249e12e07ab9e01.png

You are talking about extending an intensive process. It's hard to say. 

Skyfay
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

In summary, remote storage of the media is great for streaming, but if you need to 'process' it in any way - then you are going to have to partially download it - there is no getting away from that if you process it locally.

That's really a good summary :D

fallenwitch3r
3 hours ago, chef said:

Hi!

Black frame detection ran the last 3 1/2 minutes of the file. If I remember correctly 😃

Ah. Good to know. This is why the credits detection failes for the most of my series. The plugin detects mostly the last few seconds from  4-6 min credits.

chef

With black frame detection I remember it was difficult to pinpoint the exact place to start. To early and it might detect a scene change before the ending sequence.

• Agree 1

rbjtech

And this is why I think 'marker assist' metadata per SHOW is the way forward.  Not per episode or even per Season - but if you can provide additional data that the Plugin (or Core) can use to assist it  - then it would allow exception shows to be successfully detected without manually doing it. 

As an example - Default is say 10 minutes for the Core.

But if I had a run of no Intro's being found and the reason was they started after 10 mins - then I change that in the Show's metadata to be lets say 15 mins.   I refresh the metadata, and it now uses 15 min FP size instead of 10 - just for that show, and now it finds them all.

Same concept/logic could be applied for credits.

This is also where cloud metadata would be a huge advantage - NOT to pinpoint episode data, but to provide the actual Intro as an FP AND provide the min/max duration required for the detection to happen locally, thus keeping the locally generated FP to an absolute minimum size.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

chef

I agree, some kind of online resource to host the duration, and maybe even the fingerprint itself would be a very use thing.

But in the meantime, 

Would it not be faster to just encode  15 minutes as a standard duration.

If you calculate the amount of times you'd have to recode a season if 10 minutes was not enough, it would probabaly out weigh the time it takes to run the task.

rbjtech
40 minutes ago, chef said:

If you calculate the amount of times you'd have to recode a season if 10 minutes was not enough, it would probabaly out weigh the time it takes to run the task.

That is the golden question I think @chef - we can easily get the stats, but if 50% of my collection had the Intro in the first 3 mins (ie the Intro started at 0:00) - then we can save a significant amount of time by just using an FP of 3 minutes.  I am talking DAYS here on slower systems.  Why generate even a 10 minute FP - dragging over Gb's worth of data when you only 'need' a fraction of it to do the FP task ... 

Something to think about ..

Cheesegeezer
7 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

My chapter thumbnails seem to have disappeared. Does running this do that?

Nope not at all, if you refresh metadata, it will reset the thumbs, you would have to run chapter task to repopulate 

crusher11
9 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Nope not at all, if you refresh metadata, it will reset the thumbs, you would have to run chapter task to repopulate 

I don't follow.

crusher11

So it doesn't use the BIF that's already there?

I just got this error on the scheduled task:

Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.ExecuteAll(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
at IntroSkip.Data.BaseSqliteRepository.RunDefaultInitialization(IDatabaseConnection db)
at IntroSkip.Data.SqliteSequenceRepository.Initialize()
at IntroSkip.IntroSkipPluginEntryPoint.GetRepository()
at IntroSkip.ScheduledTasks.AudioFingerprintScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

rbjtech
34 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

So it doesn't use the BIF that's already there?

Yes it does, but it has to extract the nearest 'image' from the BIF for the new 'Title Sequence' chapter image.  It doesn't regenerate the BIF.

For the error - try doing a full library scan and trying again.

Edited by rbjtech

crusher11
9 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Yes it does, but it has to extract the nearest 'image' from the BIF for the new 'Title Sequence' chapter image.  It doesn't regenerate the BIF.

For the error - try doing a full library scan and trying again.

There shouldn't be anything to try, it was just a scheduled task. Nothing has changed, to my knowledge.

Chapter thumbnails should be present for non-intro chapters, surely? Something seems to have wiped them all. 

Skyfay

So the Audio Fingerprinting is allready done. 
image.png.a58c14f48a75a17535ac5e98d86625f0.png

I know the second one isn't finished yet, but I'm already seeing data.
Something like that looks really good:

image.thumb.png.50d392f2777e89082d3a2d9305073d79.png

But, in some cases, it look so strange is that normal?
image.thumb.png.39203ac8cb09a62f6e7976afc19d588f.png

rbjtech
10 minutes ago, Skyfay said:

So the Audio Fingerprinting is allready done. 
image.png.a58c14f48a75a17535ac5e98d86625f0.png

I know the second one isn't finished yet, but I'm already seeing data.
Something like that looks really good:

image.thumb.png.50d392f2777e89082d3a2d9305073d79.png

But, in some cases, it look so strange is that normal?
image.thumb.png.39203ac8cb09a62f6e7976afc19d588f.png

It's normal in as much as it simply didn't find an intro and/or credit for that episode.

It 'may' be worth wiping the Series and trying again (in the 'Intros' section in the Plugin GUI) - be careful though - this wipes the Series/Show, not just the Season Listed - we never got around to implementing that...

But don't be surprised if you get exactly the same results - sometimes the Intro's are simple different (thus don't get detected) but the differences are inaudible to the human ear.

As a last resort, you can of course manually put them in - but that's a pain we all agree.

Skyfay
13 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Es ist insofern normal, als es einfach kein Intro und/oder keinen Abspann für diese Episode gefunden hat.

Es 'kann' sich lohnen, die Serie zu löschen und es erneut zu versuchen (im Abschnitt 'Intros' in der Plugin-GUI) - seien Sie jedoch vorsichtig - dies löscht die Serie/Show, nicht nur die aufgelistete Staffel - wir sind nie dazu gekommen, das zu implementieren. ..

Aber wundern Sie sich nicht, wenn Sie genau die gleichen Ergebnisse erhalten - manchmal sind die Intros einfach unterschiedlich (werden also nicht erkannt), aber die Unterschiede sind für das menschliche Ohr nicht hörbar.

Als letzten Ausweg können Sie sie natürlich manuell einfügen - aber das ist mühsam, da sind wir uns alle einig.

But why did he find intros at minute 9. I don't think there are any intros, that would be weird.

rbjtech
21 minutes ago, Skyfay said:

But why did he find intros at minute 9. I don't think there are any intros, that would be weird.

ah ha with you - so this is one of the downsides of having a longer fingerprint period - there is more chance of picking up something which the Chromaprint 'thinks' is a repeating intro - but actually it's just normal content repeating maybe 'background' music.

It would be interesting actually listening to those time periods it thinks are intro's - is there an AUDIBLE likeness ?  if there is - then this is what's happened.  If they are totally different (to your ear) , then I'm not 100% sure.  

If there are definitely no intro's - then simply remove them all with the Show option as I said earlier.

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

ah ha with you - so this is one of the downsides of having a longer fingerprint period - there is more chance of picking up something which the Chromaprint 'thinks' is a repeating intro - but actually it's just normal content repeating maybe 'background' music.

It would be interesting actually listening to those time periods it thinks are intro's - is there an AUDIBLE likeness ?  if there is - then this is what's happened.  If they are totally different (to your ear) , then I'm not 100% sure.  

If there are definitely no intro's - then simply remove them all with the Show option as I said earlier.

So i was thinking here... 

is it worth adding user enablable flags for the user to state... this series has a intro past the 10 min cut off.  Also the same for Credits... this series has credits passed the 2min cut off.

if this is enabled then FP and detection go to the 20min for episodes over 30mins and 15min for episodes under 30mins?

Just a thought could be a check box each, for the series for intros and credits

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

So i was thinking here... 

is it worth adding user enablable flags for the user to state... this series has a intro past the 10 min cut off.  Also the same for Credits... this series has credits passed the 2min cut off.

if this is enabled then FP and detection go to the 20min for episodes over 30mins and 15min for episodes under 30mins?

Just a thought could be a check box each, for the series for intros and credits

Yes - I had similar thoughts for how to tackle the problem without using external metadata for assistance.  The core has the same 'issue' but exacerbated by the fact it only uses a 10 minute FP... 😮

The Plugin defaults have not tripped any shows up yet (even Halo ep1 @ 18mins was found ) - but give the option per show/series to extend the FP time and/or credit time should it need it.. ie by exception.

Painkiller8818

Emby released a new server version with enabled introSkip function by default.

How does this affect the plugin and should we disable the plugin now?

Skyfay

image.png.4c2126f2e589f4cd947d1c45bbed31bc.png
This is weird 😅

So other thing, scans are now done and i enabled the users but there is no button to skip the intro.
Do i have to enable something else?

Edited by Skyfay

rbjtech
On 04/06/2022 at 07:42, Painkiller8818 said:

Emby released a new server version with enabled introSkip function by default.

How does this affect the plugin and should we disable the plugin now?

If you want only Intro's (no credits) with no ability to see or edit them with many of them missed if they go beyond 10 minutes then go for it ;)

If you are happy with the Plugin - then my advice is to simply to not enable the schedule for the Core at this point in time

To note, the Plugin using the Chapter option will currently overwrite any marker data written by the Core - because it uses it's own flagging system.  The Core however will not overwrite any marker data written by the Plugin - as it uses the marker data itself as the flag.

There will be a point in time when the Plugin will use the Core for it's Intro detection - but we are not there yet.

Edited by rbjtech
corrected statement on core introskip features
  • Like 1

rbjtech
25 minutes ago, Skyfay said:

image.png.4c2126f2e589f4cd947d1c45bbed31bc.png
This is weird 😅

So other thing, scans are now done and i enabled the users but there is no button to skip the intro.
Do i have to enable something else?

Hi - If you are referring to the manual 'button' then you need to follow the wiki here - in summary, turn on the Chapter marking .. ;)

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/Integration-of-Emby-Introskip-Core-'Skip-Intro'-Button

Banquero
6 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Si solo desea introducciones (sin créditos) sin la capacidad de verlas o editarlas y muchas de ellas se pierden si duran más de 10 minutos, sin opciones de omisión automática o campanas y silbatos, entonces hágalo.;)

Si está satisfecho con el complemento, entonces mi consejo es que simplemente no habilite el programa para el núcleo en este momento.

Tenga en cuenta que el complemento que usa la opción Capítulo actualmente sobrescribirá cualquier dato de marcador escrito por el Núcleo, porque usa su propio sistema de marcado. Sin embargo, el Núcleo no sobrescribirá ningún dato de marcador escrito por el Complemento, ya que utiliza los datos del marcador como bandera.

Habrá un momento en el que el complemento utilizará el núcleo para su detección de introducción, pero aún no hemos llegado.

Y como se deshabilita el núcleo en el servidor? Gracias