Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Cheesegeezer
Just now, crusher11 said:

But show removal is just multiple season removals... 

Discussion closed fella.

Something I've noticed in the ignore series part, it only displays the last series added to the list. If you want to remove a series you have added, you need to remove the lot.

1 minute ago, TBMike said:

Something I've noticed in the ignore series part, it only displays the last series added to the list. If you want to remove a series you have added, you need to remove the lot.

Okay, I'll fix that.

Thank you.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone else has tried this plugin on the show Extras? Because it doesn't actually have an intro it doesn't pick anything up, but it does pick up the intro to the show in the series on a few episodes. That will only make sense to those that have seen it, but the plugin is doing exactly what it should. That's one series to add to the ignore list. Good job guys.

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, TBMike said:

I don't know if anyone else has tried this plugin on the show Extras? Because it doesn't actually have an intro it doesn't pick anything up, but it does pick up the intro to the show in the series on a few episodes. That will only make sense to those that have seen it, but the plugin is doing exactly what it should. That's one series to add to the ignore list. Good job guys.

a BIG  W   for team IntroSkip lol

• Like 2

14 hours ago, chef said:

Right, if a user removes a whole season from emby, we have to also remove the whole season from ours. 

If a user deletes an episode/season/show at the OS level, there's no way your database will get updated, unless you are constantly polling the library.db file.

Or is there?

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, CBers said:

If a user deletes an episode/season/show at the OS level, there's no way your database will get updated, unless you are constantly polling the library.db file.

Or is there?

Let us have a look into it and get back to you. 

4 hours ago, CBers said:

Or is there?

LibraryManager has ItemRemoved event. 😉

It will run the fingerprinting task on ItemAdded event too.

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

ShadowKindjal

I apologize if this question has been asked before but I've been following this topic for a while and I was curious if there is a Github or a DLL for us to download to testrun this plugin? If there is then what would be the best way to access it and future updates?

samuelqwe
9 minutes ago, ShadowKindjal said:

I apologize if this question has been asked before but I've been following this topic for a while and I was curious if there is a Github or a DLL for us to download to testrun this plugin? If there is then what would be the best way to access it and future updates?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ShadowKindjal said:

Latest DLL is here.

• Like 2

2.1.0.0 When keeping the prior introsequence.db it fails.

Renamed the *.db and started the scan again. Waiting for results so I'll be back tomorrow. I'm running this on an 8 Core /16 Thread Ryzen 3700x. What are those with a low-powered NAS to do? The scan will never finish, or at least it will seem that way.

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
11 minutes ago, Sammy said:

2.1.0.0 When keeping the prior introsequence.db it fails.

Renamed the *.db and started the scan again. Waiting for results so I'll be back tomorrow. I'm running this on an 8 Core /16 Thread Ryzen 3700x. What are those with a low-powered NAS to do? The scan will never finish, or at least it will seem that way.

It should be titlesequence.db

anyways that is a hack to save time during testing and if you don’t do it correctly then the db gets messed up. It’s basically on the user and nothing to do with us.

stop scanning.... we will have a new release tomorrow and have picked up on some bugs and have spent the whole day fixing and testing. this will be a massive improvement to what everybody is experiencing currently. And i mean huge. 

stay tuned everyone 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

rbjtech
44 minutes ago, Sammy said:

What are those with a low-powered NAS to do? The scan will never finish, or at least it will seem that way.

First of all thanks for continuing to help test ! 

The team have spent a lot of time on this to ensure that users of low powered device can use the plugin without crippling their systems - the memory overhead is now tiny vs what it was and speed of both FP and Detect has significantly improved.   Yes, on low powered devices the tasks may take 'days' for large libraries but as these tasks can now run in the background, you can continue to use Emby as normal.       

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

It should be titlesequence.db

anyways that is a hack to save time during testing and if you don’t do it correctly then the db gets messed up. It’s basically on the user and nothing to do with us.

stop scanning.... we will have a new release tomorrow and have picked up on some bugs and have spent the whole day fixing and testing. this will be a massive improvement to what everybody is experiencing currently. And i mean huge. 

stay tuned everyone 😉

It's YUGE.  I mean massive, the mother of all plugins..

• Haha 2

Cheesegeezer
4 hours ago, chef said:

Okay a couple things to note:

• FingerprintManager. I split the code responsible for fingerprinting the audio away from the scheduled task. Now the task uses the Manager to request the fingerprint.

Agree-was difficult to follow when everything was in the schedule task class.

4 hours ago, chef said:
  • ItemAdded events:

This was tricky.

When you add multiple series at once, every episode raises the event.

I added fifty episodes to the library, and the event raise for each episode.

How it's handled:

1. There is a Threading timer
  2. Each time the event is raised, it resets the timer.
  3. After all the events are raised for each episode, the timer will finally run out, and trigger the fingerprint task.
  • ItemRemoved events:

Also, tricky.

When you remove multiple items, it triggers the event each item removed. 

Removing a series, triggers the event for each episode in each season, in each series.

How it's handled:

1. There is a threading timer
  2. Each time the event is raised the timer resets, and the item that was removed from emby's library is added to a list of 'RemovedItems'
  3. After all the events are raised for each item removed, the timer will finally run out.
  4. All the items in the 'RemovedItems' list are removed from our database.

Think this may have been for our dev thread lol 😂 but very cool indeed! 

We can have a chat when you get up this morning, I’ve been herding cattle this morning for their pedicure lol

• Haha 2

Micael456
8 hours ago, rbjtech said:

First of all thanks for continuing to help test ! 

The team have spent a lot of time on this to ensure that users of low powered device can use the plugin without crippling their systems - the memory overhead is now tiny vs what it was and speed of both FP and Detect has significantly improved.   Yes, on low powered devices the tasks may take 'days' for large libraries but as these tasks can now run in the background, you can continue to use Emby as normal.       

I can confirm that this time around (2.0.3.3) my odroid was stable the entire time. Took a lot longer to fingerprint, but no crashes.

I don't think my TD worked correctly though (or at least I can't view the data in the plugin), but will wait for cheese's "huge" update and try it again fresh :D.

Edited by Micael456
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, Micael456 said:

I can confirm that this time around (2.0.3.3) my odroid was stable the entire time. Took a lot longer to fingerprint, but no crashes.

I don't think my TD worked correctly though (or at least I can't view the data in the plugin), but will wait for cheese's "huge" update and try it again fresh :D.

We are on 2.1.0.0 currently. But will have 2.1.1.0 out today