Jump to content

Show Intro Skip Option (Plugin)


Liquidfire88

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, CBers said:

too long for a newbie trying to read all of the comments.

Damn, I just find out I am indeed "newbie" since I almost fall to sleep 😴

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Abobader said:

Damn, I just find out I am indeed "newbie" since I almost fall to sleep 😴

😂😂😂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

rhodges
On 6/14/2022 at 1:55 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Unfortunately not. We store our start and end points in our own database and haven’t even looked at the possibility of migration from core to plugin for obvious reasons. 
so you would have to run our FP, detection, Chapter insetion and image extraction to get all the features. We do have auto intro and credit skip also… so no remote is required lol 😂 
 

i have asked @chef to have a conversation with the core devs. 

I didn't even know this was a thing until I updated Emby, found it in the core and enabled and scanned/generated everything with Core. Now that I see the plugin version is more feature rich, I'm thinking of "reverting" to the plugin.

What all do I need to delete to "clean" up the Core stuff? I see that is a lot of metadata/library/*/*/*.fp files. Are those also in referenced in the core emby database? I'm hoping there is an easy way to remove all this. I'm a bit OCD about clutter, so if I move over to the plugin, I don't want to leave anything behind from the core version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
16 minutes ago, rhodges said:

I didn't even know this was a thing until I updated Emby, found it in the core and enabled and scanned/generated everything with Core. Now that I see the plugin version is more feature rich, I'm thinking of "reverting" to the plugin.

What all do I need to delete to "clean" up the Core stuff? I see that is a lot of metadata/library/*/*/*.fp files. Are those also in referenced in the core emby database? I'm hoping there is an easy way to remove all this. I'm a bit OCD about clutter, so if I move over to the plugin, I don't want to leave anything behind from the core version.

I know nothing of what the core produces, i thought these were stored in the library database as simple chapter markers.  Do you have an example, are they stored in your mediafolder.

i would take this up in the core thread.

For us. you need to refresh the metadata on your TV show library to clear all the Intro markers,  I think this is how the core works also.

you would need to run all the tasks in order from the plugin.  There is a good Wiki which can be found at the top of the plugin page that explains the process and settings for each Tab.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

rbjtech
26 minutes ago, rhodges said:

I didn't even know this was a thing until I updated Emby, found it in the core and enabled and scanned/generated everything with Core. Now that I see the plugin version is more feature rich, I'm thinking of "reverting" to the plugin.

What all do I need to delete to "clean" up the Core stuff? I see that is a lot of metadata/library/*/*/*.fp files. Are those also in referenced in the core emby database? I'm hoping there is an easy way to remove all this. I'm a bit OCD about clutter, so if I move over to the plugin, I don't want to leave anything behind from the core version.

From a core cleanup perspective - You'll need to raise in the Core Introskip thread I'm afraid - as while I believe you are correct in deleting the .fp (fingerprint) files - I'm not sure what impact this may have on other things.  The actual 'detection' settings for the button (only) are held in the same place as the core (chapters table) - so these will be overwritten by the Plugin during the 'Chapters' task anyway.

The Plugin can be installed and it will start from scratch (it won't import the Core Detections I'm afraid).

Personally - I would hold off until the Core Plugin Editor is released - then make a decision which way you would like to proceed. 

Edited by rbjtech
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

VirulentPip

Emby 4.8.02 Beta 

Shield TV  Version 2.7.0g -- all scans done, am I supposed to see a button to skip when Auto-Skip is off(there's none)? Also when auto-skip is on it pops up with the skip message but no skip done. Android Mobile 3.2.50 works as intended with Auto Skip (turned off the built in Intro Skip) but with AutoSkip off I don't see a button, the button only seen if turned on in the settings (using core feature I guess?) Could it be that I was using the core feature (scanned intros etc) before that it is causing issues for the Shield TV skip and no button for Mobile? 
 

Edited by VirulentPip
Link to comment
Share on other sites

samuelqwe
42 minutes ago, VirulentPip said:

Emby 4.8.02 Beta 

Shield TV  Version 2.7.0g -- all scans done, am I supposed to see a button to skip when Auto-Skip is off(there's none)? Also when auto-skip is on it pops up with the skip message but no skip done. Android Mobile 3.2.50 works as intended with Auto Skip (turned off the built in Intro Skip) but with AutoSkip off I don't see a button, the button only seen if turned on in the settings (using core feature I guess?) Could it be that I was using the core feature (scanned intros etc) before that it is causing issues for the Shield TV skip and no button for Mobile? 
 

You’ll only see the button if you use the the chapters feature/task in the plugin.

But if you scanned using the core implementation and then switched to the plugin, there may be some issues there as the plugin won’t overwrite the data from the core.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VirulentPip

Chapter markers etc turned on, definitely seems like Core stuff is interfering. I'll have to look into that.
image.thumb.png.fccb3f2c2ff40889007f8c65029a335e.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, VirulentPip said:

Chapter markers etc turned on, definitely seems like Core stuff is interfering. I'll have to look into that.
image.thumb.png.fccb3f2c2ff40889007f8c65029a335e.png

As @rbjtech has stated, use plugin or core for detection. Not both.

do a metadata refresh on tvshows libraries (don’t update images) this will set everything back to normal. Then decide what you wanna use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VirulentPip

I used the core briefly before installing the plug-in. Turned off detection etc before installed it. I've tried doing a metadata refresh of some shows, re-ran the tasks. But still no button appears :( 

I've now just noticed in the logs stuff like this appearing often today - Yikes! So I guess I have bigger issues.. I'll restart the server and see if things start working properly again or maybe just use the Backup Plugin and reinstall. 


 

2022-06-22 21:36:31.542 Error Server: Error processing request

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.8.0.2

Command line: C:\Users\ZiiPV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.22000

Framework: .NET 6.0.5

OS/Process: x64/x64

Runtime: C:/Users/ZiiPV/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll

Processor count: 16

Data path: C:\Users\ZiiPV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata

Application path: C:\Users\ZiiPV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\ZiiPV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\9d\9de8e548c00545fcb82c01682ece7cb5\auto_poster.jpg'.

at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)

at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)

at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)

at System.IO.Strategies.FileStreamHelpers.ChooseStrategy(FileStream fileStream, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileStreamOptions options)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions, Int64 preAllocationSize)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.IOManager.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions options, MediaProtocol protocol)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.IOManager.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions options)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetContent(StaticFileResultOptions options, Int64 offset, Int64 length, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.FileWriter.SetContentResponseHeaders(Nullable`1 reportedTotalContentLength, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetStaticResult(IRequest requestContext, StaticResultOptions options)

at Emby.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImage(ImageRequest request, Int64 itemId, BaseItem item, Boolean isHeadRequest)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Source: System.Private.CoreLib

TargetSite: Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle CreateFile(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, System.IO.FileOptions)

Oh this too 

One or more errors occurred. (Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at IntroSkip.Chapters.ChapterEditScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Edited by VirulentPip
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, VirulentPip said:

I used the core briefly before installing the plug-in. Turned off detection etc before installed it. I've tried doing a metadata refresh of some shows, re-ran the tasks. But still no button appears :( 

I've now just noticed in the logs stuff like this appearing often today - Yikes! So I guess I have bigger issues.. I'll restart the server and see if things start working properly again or maybe just use the Backup Plugin and reinstall. 


 

2022-06-22 21:36:31.542 Error Server: Error processing request

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.8.0.2

Command line: C:\Users\ZiiPV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.22000

Framework: .NET 6.0.5

OS/Process: x64/x64

Runtime: C:/Users/ZiiPV/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll

Processor count: 16

Data path: C:\Users\ZiiPV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata

Application path: C:\Users\ZiiPV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\ZiiPV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\9d\9de8e548c00545fcb82c01682ece7cb5\auto_poster.jpg'.

at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)

at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)

at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)

at System.IO.Strategies.FileStreamHelpers.ChooseStrategy(FileStream fileStream, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileStreamOptions options)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions, Int64 preAllocationSize)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.IOManager.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions options, MediaProtocol protocol)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.IOManager.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions options)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetContent(StaticFileResultOptions options, Int64 offset, Int64 length, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.FileWriter.SetContentResponseHeaders(Nullable`1 reportedTotalContentLength, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetStaticResult(IRequest requestContext, StaticResultOptions options)

at Emby.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImage(ImageRequest request, Int64 itemId, BaseItem item, Boolean isHeadRequest)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Source: System.Private.CoreLib

TargetSite: Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle CreateFile(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, System.IO.FileOptions)

Oh this too 

One or more errors occurred. (Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at IntroSkip.Chapters.ChapterEditScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions 

yeah so something is up with the main chapter task. It was working and now it’s not. 🤔

@Luke anything changed with our implementation and core? Is access changed to private or internal? 
 

cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, VirulentPip said:

I used the core briefly before installing the plug-in. Turned off detection etc before installed it. I've tried doing a metadata refresh of some shows, re-ran the tasks. But still no button appears :( 

I've now just noticed in the logs stuff like this appearing often today - Yikes! So I guess I have bigger issues.. I'll restart the server and see if things start working properly again or maybe just use the Backup Plugin and reinstall. 


 

2022-06-22 21:36:31.542 Error Server: Error processing request

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.8.0.2

Command line: C:\Users\ZiiPV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.22000

Framework: .NET 6.0.5

OS/Process: x64/x64

Runtime: C:/Users/ZiiPV/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll

Processor count: 16

Data path: C:\Users\ZiiPV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata

Application path: C:\Users\ZiiPV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\ZiiPV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\9d\9de8e548c00545fcb82c01682ece7cb5\auto_poster.jpg'.

at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)

at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)

at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)

at System.IO.Strategies.FileStreamHelpers.ChooseStrategy(FileStream fileStream, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileStreamOptions options)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions, Int64 preAllocationSize)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.IOManager.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions options, MediaProtocol protocol)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.IOManager.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions options)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetContent(StaticFileResultOptions options, Int64 offset, Int64 length, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.FileWriter.SetContentResponseHeaders(Nullable`1 reportedTotalContentLength, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetStaticResult(IRequest requestContext, StaticResultOptions options)

at Emby.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImage(ImageRequest request, Int64 itemId, BaseItem item, Boolean isHeadRequest)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Source: System.Private.CoreLib

 

That error just means you or something may have tampered with the contents of the server's metadata folder: C:\Users\ZiiPV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata

It's looking for an image file that used to be there but isn't anymore. It's not going to cause any problems though other than a missing image in the UI.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

crusher11

How much of the importing stuff do I need to go through when adding a new episode?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

crusher11

This seems to have happened to a bunch of my episodes:

1499395223_Screenshot2022-06-2416_19_43.thumb.png.947a68ef6c3aa5f0f031997aafedbf2a.png

They were previously correct. It seems to affect episodes with no title sequence and a custom end credits time. Episodes with title sequences remain fine, as do episodes with correctly-detected end credits sequences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rbjtech
42 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

How much of the importing stuff do I need to go through when adding a new episode?

If the Introskip 'Chapter' task is on a schedule, then there is nothing for you to do - it automatically adds the necessary markers for the manual button.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rbjtech
31 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

This seems to have happened to a bunch of my episodes:

1499395223_Screenshot2022-06-2416_19_43.thumb.png.947a68ef6c3aa5f0f031997aafedbf2a.png

They were previously correct. It seems to affect episodes with no title sequence and a custom end credits time. Episodes with title sequences remain fine, as do episodes with correctly-detected end credits sequences.

@Cheesegeezer It may be worth double checking the Plugin Chapter logic here, but as these are not 'Title Sequence' nor 'End Credits' chapters - then the Plugin does not touch them ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

crusher11
6 hours ago, rbjtech said:

@Cheesegeezer It may be worth double checking the Plugin Chapter logic here, but as these are not 'Title Sequence' nor 'End Credits' chapters - then the Plugin does not touch them ?

 

They aren't in the file.

586181660_Screenshot2022-06-2423_45_43.png.889efc6d146a207c7b5a3d5bcf80342b.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rbjtech
56 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

They aren't in the file.

586181660_Screenshot2022-06-2423_45_43.png.889efc6d146a207c7b5a3d5bcf80342b.png

They won't be - they only exist in the emby chapter database.  But something is causing the extra chapters.

If you refresh the metadata and then re-run the Introskip Chapters Task - does this correct it ?  if it does, then something else has modified these .. but not sure what.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

crusher11

Nope, doing that changes the time of the "2nd quarter" chapter to 0:00. Everything else is as it should be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
32 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Nope, doing that changes the time of the "2nd quarter" chapter to 0:00. Everything else is as it should be. 

I’ll take look as i think i know why but wont be till next week now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

crusher11

I tried running the task again, to see if that generated a second 2nd Quarter chapter at 0:00 (given most of my episodes have dozens of identical 0:00 chapters) but it did not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
On 22/06/2022 at 19:25, samuelqwe said:there may be some issues there as the plugin won’t overwrite the data from the core.

Is this a known fact? Is the core blocking our chapter markers now?

if so we may as well pull the plugin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Is this a known fact? Is the core blocking our chapter markers now?

if so we may as well pull the plugin.

No it is not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

samuelqwe
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Is this a known fact? Is the core blocking our chapter markers now?

I didn’t say anything about the core blocking the markers from the plugin. I was pointing out that using both at the same time may potentially cause issues.

Unless I’m mistaken, if there are already markers for an episode (either from core or plugin), then the plugin won’t add new markers on top of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...