Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, ebr said:

FYI this is now released on the Fire platform. 

image.gif.0b6f7112645ba0a5f2bf8cc7790049ae.gif

• Haha 2

Lyfesaver

Hi, sorry if this has been asked but I could not find it.

Two issues with the plugin I am experiencing (both are something I am doing wrong, I am sure) but I have some episodes appearing in the drop down twice and neither will have the scanned data and those that do have scanned data will not save when I tell it to. I am on 4.8.0.3, is that the issue? Should I go back to stable?

rbjtech
53 minutes ago, Lyfesaver said:

Hi, sorry if this has been asked but I could not find it.

Two issues with the plugin I am experiencing (both are something I am doing wrong, I am sure) but I have some episodes appearing in the drop down twice and neither will have the scanned data and those that do have scanned data will not save when I tell it to. I am on 4.8.0.3, is that the issue? Should I go back to stable?

When you say drop down, you mean to select the TV Show/Season in the plugin right ?

If yes, then I have seen this before and it's caused by a corrupt core database somehow OR you have the same show in multiple libraries (maybe multiple resolutions or TV recordings etc).  It may also be caused by a browser cache issue - so definitely worth wiping the browser cache and restarting the browser.

I would try a full scan and then use the database vacuum option (in the main menu) - and restart emby. 

crusher11
11 hours ago, crusher11 said:

I've just had an entire season of end credit times wiped again.

I'm wondering if this is related to the phantom chapter issue. 

Lyfesaver
20 hours ago, rbjtech said:

When you say drop down, you mean to select the TV Show/Season in the plugin right ?

If yes, then I have seen this before and it's caused by a corrupt core database somehow OR you have the same show in multiple libraries (maybe multiple resolutions or TV recordings etc).  It may also be caused by a browser cache issue - so definitely worth wiping the browser cache and restarting the browser.

I would try a full scan and then use the database vacuum option (in the main menu) - and restart emby. 

Thank you for replying. Yes I did mean that drop down.

I took your advice and went looking at my DB. It had issues was a 340mb in size. SQLite Expert Professional could not repair it but one of our DB guys at the office was able to repair and vacuum down to 250mb. Emby still runs on this DB just fine it seems but it did not help the issues:

• Dual series are being listed (not all about 25%)
  • Series that are listed twice do not have any data from scans (100%)
  • Of all the series that are not listed twice (100%) the "Save" or "Save All" buttons do not have any effect.

I am fairly certain that I dont have series listed twice in my file structure but I am going over them now (almost done) and none so far are listed twice.

Thank you again for replying and offering assistance. I am eager to get this working and look forward to any more light you might be able to help shine on this issue.
Not that it will be required but I do want to offer my time one-on-one in Discord or something if you think it will help in any way.

Lyfesaver

I believe I may have found the culprit on the duplicates. I believe this might fix the first two points I listed but I am not confident it will fix the saving issue.

Will report back when I know more.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
12 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Has anyone looked into the phantom chapters thing?

What do you mean by phantom chapters?

if you mean an title sequence and then another at same time stamp then yes, i see it on my LG app all the time. 

dont see it in theatre or web UI

core needs to implement the markers on all clients. Otherwise yes you will see them

rbjtech
41 minutes ago, Lyfesaver said:

I believe this might fix the first two points I listed but I am not confident it will fix the saving issue.

If the 'Save' option is used but it has multiple shows of the same show id, then basically it will have an issue on saving. Once all the shows are listed individually (no dupes), I think this should then work as expected - but do let us know. :)

Thanks for the update !

rbjtech
35 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Has anyone looked into the phantom chapters thing?

Description of the problem, evidence, logs - c'mon crusher - you've been around long enough to know what is needed to investigate these issues - we are not mind readers... !

You appear to be the only person with these issues - it might be related to your manual editing of chapters etc - if it is, then we may not be able to fix.

crusher11
5 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Description of the problem, evidence, logs - c'mon crusher - you've been around long enough to know what is needed to investigate these issues - we are not mind readers... !

You appear to be the only person with these issues - it might be related to your manual editing of chapters etc - if it is, then we may not be able to fix.

I did all that days ago, Geezer said he'd look into it this week.

"Manual editing of chapters"? Isn't that the entire point of the plugin?

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I meant in the MKV's..

crusher11
7 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

I meant in the MKV's..

All I've done is give them names. None of which conflict with names assigned by the editor.

Lyfesaver
30 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

If the 'Save' option is used but it has multiple shows of the same show id, then basically it will have an issue on saving. Once all the shows are listed individually (no dupes), I think this should then work as expected - but do let us know. :)

Thanks for the update !

All dupes are gone. I guess those that were duped need to be scanned again as they still dont have any data.

As for the ones that were not duped and did have data, the save buttons are not working still :(

rbjtech
1 hour ago, Lyfesaver said:

As for the ones that were not duped and did have data, the save buttons are not working still :(

What's not being saved exactly - the timings ?

if you edit one - hit save and the select another show, then go back to the edited show - has the data saved ?

If yes, then to get that edited data to show in the actual episode (chapters), then you need to metadata refresh that item and then run the introskip chapters task to re-add the newly edited data.

The only thing that will not need this metadata refresh is auto-skip - as that should pick up the data from the Introskip database directly.

The Core (when it gets editing..) should do this 'better' - as it is writing it's data directly to the core database, so any edits should be instant, or at least be available after a library scan.

That 'may' explain your save button not working ?

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, crusher11 said:

I did all that days ago, Geezer said he'd look into it this week.

Did you see my post 

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Lyfesaver
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

What's not being saved exactly - the timings ?

if you edit one - hit save and the select another show, then go back to the edited show - has the data saved ?

If yes, then to get that edited data to show in the actual episode (chapters), then you need to metadata refresh that item and then run the introskip chapters task to re-add the newly edited data.

The only thing that will not need this metadata refresh is auto-skip - as that should pick up the data from the Introskip database directly.

The Core (when it gets editing..) should do this 'better' - as it is writing it's data directly to the core database, so any edits should be instant, or at least be available after a library scan.

That 'may' explain your save button not working ?

I dont know what it is supposed to look like, but I have a drop down with shows, I select a show, it shows about 5 episodes with the timing of the intro and outro. I click save all and nothing much seems to happen. Just a light refresh of the page, almost. 

I am never presented with a Skip button nor does Autoskip work

crusher11
6 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Did you see my post 

The dozens of chapters popping up with a 0:00 time code. 

rbjtech
10 hours ago, Lyfesaver said:

I dont know what it is supposed to look like, but I have a drop down with shows, I select a show, it shows about 5 episodes with the timing of the intro and outro. I click save all and nothing much seems to happen. Just a light refresh of the page, almost. 

I am never presented with a Skip button nor does Autoskip work

Unless you are editing the times (click on them, you can edit them ;) - then not a lot is going to happen as you are just saving what's already there.

Have you run the 'Chapters' task in the plugin (or put it on a schedule) - as it's this which adds the 'button' - utilising the Core feature.  Note you need to be Premier to use the button.

If you just want Auto-Skip (Premier not necessary), then configure it in the 'Auto Skip' section in the plugin.  This works will the majority of clients.

Wiki - https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki

Lyfesaver
13 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Unless you are editing the times (click on them, you can edit them ;) - then not a lot is going to happen as you are just saving what's already there.

Have you run the 'Chapters' task in the plugin (or put it on a schedule) - as it's this which adds the 'button' - utilising the Core feature.  Note you need to be Premier to use the button.

If you just want Auto-Skip (Premier not necessary), then configure it in the 'Auto Skip' section in the plugin.  This works will the majority of clients.

Wiki - https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki

Yup, yup and yup :( 
I do have premier, I do have the auto skip option turned on. i have tried it with auto and non-auto enabled in the players, have tried different apps.. sadly nothing ever happens :(

And no, I am not using chapers

• Thanks 1

samuelqwe
4 minutes ago, Lyfesaver said:

I do have the auto skip option turned on. i have tried it with auto and non-auto enabled in the players,

Are you talking about the option in the user’s playback settings, or the one specifically in the plugin settings? Just want to make sure there isn’t any confusion between the two.

Edited by samuelqwe
  • Like 1

Lyfesaver
1 hour ago, samuelqwe said:

Are you talking about the option in the user’s playback settings, or the one specifically in the plugin settings? Just want to make sure there isn’t any confusion between the two.

Both

samuelqwe
23 minutes ago, Lyfesaver said:

Both

The one in the user’s playback settings is for Emby’s native implementation, while the one in the plugin is just for the plugin.

Don’t think having both on should block the plugin from doing the Auto-Skip though.

When playing back media on any client, do you see the playback controls (play/pause, stop) on the Emby dashboard for those clients?

• Agree 1

rbjtech
11 hours ago, Lyfesaver said:

Both

Hmm - time to see a log I think.

So in my example below - this is playback in a web browser with the Auto-Skip features on the Plugin enabled - you can see it has both Intro and End credit info to skip - and when it skips the Intro - it logs it.

Can you turn on Debug logging, Rotate your log file (in schedule), then playback an item that has a valid Intro - manually skip to say within 30 seconds of the Intro and then let it play up to the Intro skip point.   Note you can only skip once per session.  Then please send the log via PM and I'll attempt to see what is going on ;)

2022-07-01 11:56:56.335 Debug Intro Skip: Stranger Things - Season 3 Episode 3 has credit sequence data.
2022-07-01 11:56:56.335 Debug Intro Skip: AUTOSKIP:Stranger Things - Season 3 Episode 3 preparing credit skip...
2022-07-01 11:56:56.335 Debug Intro Skip: AUTOSKIP:Stranger Things - Season 3 Episode 3 ready to skip credits.
2022-07-01 11:56:56.335 Debug Intro Skip: Stranger Things - Season 3 Episode 3 has title sequence data.
2022-07-01 11:56:56.335 Debug Intro Skip: AUTOSKIP:Stranger Things - Season 3 Episode 3 preparing intro skip...
2022-07-01 11:56:56.335 Debug Intro Skip: AUTOSKIP:Stranger Things - Season 3 Episode 3 ready to skip intro.
2022-07-01 11:57:15.030 Debug Intro Skip: AUTOSKIP:AUTOSKIP:Stranger Things - Season 3 Episode 3 skipping intro...
2022-07-01 11:57:15.030 Debug Intro Skip: AUTOSKIP:Sending Auto Skip message to Emby Web
2022-07-01 11:57:15.030 Debug Intro Skip: AUTOSKIP:Auto Skip message to Emby Web was successful.
2022-07-01 11:57:15.030 Info Intro Skip: AUTOSKIP:AUTOSKIP:Stranger Things - Season 3 Episode 3 intro has been skipped.

image.thumb.png.2d798e297b51fafcd603e9f5aacf9d1c.png

image.png.aeeb016275f6b9dc6cf5385db67cb053.png

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1