Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Guardian87

I would have an idea for a future release. Specifically in anime, there are a lot of shows with short „midrolls“ around the middle of the episode. If those could be skippable as well that would be really great. 🙂

On 1/15/2022 at 1:47 AM, Guardian87 said:

I would have an idea for a future release. Specifically in anime, there are a lot of shows with short „midrolls“ around the middle of the episode. If those could be skippable as well that would be really great. 🙂

Grabbing audio from the middle, that's a tough one.

It's possible in the future. Thank you!

😃

henryford

So... I've been running this plugin for a bit over a week and what can I say... This is awesome and it works quite well already. Sure, some manual fixing here and there but overall it's freaking great.

Thanks for the awesome work, everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

rbjtech
31 minutes ago, henryford said:

So... I've been running this plugin for a bit over a week and what can I say... This is awesome and it works quite well already. Sure, some manual fixing here and there but overall it's freaking great.

Thanks for the awesome work, everyone!

Thanks for the positive feedback !  @chef and us testers have worked very hard on this plugin.    'It just works' is what we were striving for :)

The next public Beta is soon to be released - with core speed improvements and other new and improved functionality - so stay tuned. 👍

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Weevillo

I was wondering: Will it be possible to pause the scanning for intros/outros without losing progress? In my case, for various reasons, I won't be able to run the detection for days straight and need to turn the server off (which is sharing hardware with my PC) during the nights. If such a pausing feature could be implemented it would be highly appreciated (it would be great if you could pause processes in general in Emby but that's another topic).

22 minutes ago, Weevillo said:

I was wondering: Will it be possible to pause the scanning for intros/outros without losing progress? In my case, for various reasons, I won't be able to run the detection for days straight and need to turn the server off (which is sharing hardware with my PC) during the nights. If such a pausing feature could be implemented it would be highly appreciated (it would be great if you could pause processes in general in Emby but that's another topic).

This should be possible right now.

You can cancel the task, and it should start up again where it left off. Both for the Fingerprinting, and Detection.

If you stop detection in the middle of a season, it will most likely restart from the beginning of that season.

• Like 1

Weevillo
2 hours ago, chef said:

This should be possible right now.

You can cancel the task, and it should start up again where it left off. Both for the Fingerprinting, and Detection.

If you stop detection in the middle of a season, it will most likely restart from the beginning of that season.

Thanks for the clarification. Another question: Is it possible to run a scan with the current state of the plugin and then have a database ready for when it's ready for the stable release? In summary: Can I scan all my shows now and have the intro skips ready before it's released?

11 minutes ago, Weevillo said:

Thanks for the clarification. Another question: Is it possible to run a scan with the current state of the plugin and then have a database ready for when it's ready for the stable release? In summary: Can I scan all my shows now and have the intro skips ready before it's released?

Perhaps wait for the next release.

Which shoukd happen tonight or tomorrow.

There was some changes, and there has been word of an even more integrated version in to emby. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, slevin7 said:

what kind of words? 🤔

😆😉

Some fantastic possibilities are on the horizon.  Sorry to be vague. 

Guest goldenarchive
18 hours ago, chef said:

😆😉

Some fantastic possibilities are on the horizon.  Sorry to be vague. 

Good to know!

I've been using emby for about 2 years now, I'll buy a lifetime license next month.

Seeing how much everyone in here progressed with the plugin made me realize why I've decided to stick with emby instead of plex.

Also, Chef, when the next release will happen? 😄 I didn't manage to find a more updated version so I'm still using 1.57 (Which is working wonderful)

Again, thanks for all the work!

4 minutes ago, goldenarchive said:

Good to know!

I've been using emby for about 2 years now, I'll buy a lifetime license next month.

Seeing how much everyone in here progressed with the plugin made me realize why I've decided to stick with emby instead of plex.

Also, Chef, when the next release will happen? 😄 I didn't manage to find a more updated version so I'm still using 1.57 (Which is working wonderful)

Again, thanks for all the work!

That is some great feedback!

We can do an update this weekend for sure. It would still be considered beta.

It would most likely be the last major update before some changes cause us to go back to the drawing board (in a good way) for the next beta release of emby.

The next update, will allow us to set things up so when any significant changes happen,  beta users would be prepared.

👍

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

datanet

Each time I run the scheduled tasks I get the same repeating issues with certain episodes.  Is there anything that jumps out in the attached log of the repeating entries that you can think of that would cause this?

Also, not sure if the ffmpeg commands you're running can be hardware accelerated or not...if so, can that be an option to enable in the future for nvdec/cuda, qsv, and/or vaapi capable hardware?  During an initial library scan ffmpeg will pretty much use all available CPU resources regardless of the concurrency settings that you choose in the Advanced Detection Settings.

I have also attached my detection results after a full library scan.  I have not gone in and manually fixed any episodes and I also know there are some shows that should be excluded, but overall there seems to be a pretty decent detection percentage.

repeating logs.txt

DetectionResults.txt

Edited by datanet

16 hours ago, datanet said:

Each time I run the scheduled tasks I get the same repeating issues with certain episodes.  Is there anything that jumps out in the attached log of the repeating entries that you can think of that would cause this?

Also, not sure if the ffmpeg commands you're running can be hardware accelerated or not...if so, can that be an option to enable in the future for nvdec/cuda, qsv, and/or vaapi capable hardware?  During an initial library scan ffmpeg will pretty much use all available CPU resources regardless of the concurrency settings that you choose in the Advanced Detection Settings.

I have also attached my detection results after a full library scan.  I have not gone in and manually fixed any episodes and I also know there are some shows that should be excluded, but overall there seems to be a pretty decent detection percentage.

repeating logs.txt 6.35 kB · 3 downloads

DetectionResults.txt 49.36 kB · 2 downloads

I've looked into hardware acceleration, but I don't see anything that would allow us to leverage the GPU for this, because we are utilizing audio encoding.

There is a point where we use ffmpeg black frame detection, which is video encoding, but, I haven't come across anything yet that would suggest we can use the GPU there.

1 hour ago, HarryMuscle said:

Is this plug-in open source?  Is there a GitHub repo available for it?

Thanks,

Harry

Hi Harry! we've kept this version closed at the moment. 

Although some other media servers in the market, have this ability, it was important to us to try and get emby fitted with this feature. 😃

Edited by chef

Version: 0.0.1.74

I hope that this beta makes a smooth transition from the last beta release, which was over twenty version ago.

From our tests, the transition should be okay,  there could be some hiccups to  prepare for, and we can help make the transition.

Changes:

• Fingerprint binary folder is moved to "plugins/data/intro_encoding". (this folder will be created when the server starts.)

This change means that  you can  delete the ""plugin/configuration/introEncoding" folder that was created previously. It made more sense to have the folder in its new location.

• Image caching is done in base64.  This is working for all platforms. Yes, returning stream data with a content-type header would be ideal, but this is working, and returning 'blob' to the UI was broken. The  base64 string are small, and take up little to no room in the cache folder too.

Please note with regards to image caching:

If you have selected the option to cached image from the UI in the prior version, there is a little bit of clean up that has to happen.

Please delete all the files found in this folder:

Emby-Server\programdata\data\introcache

These were image files, and they will no longer be supported in the UI. New files will cache themselves when the UI loads (if the option is selected).

• Clear Series title sequence buttons.

If a series does not have a title sequence, but the detection algorithm has detected sequences (incorrectly)

These button will  mark an entire series as having no title sequence, and sets each sequence to 00:00:00.

Please only press these button if you are sure you want to set all sequence data to "none".

ui_example_3.png.6ee86b9fdb3bde2bd07948f0a7292051.png

• Mobile View

There is a mobile view for phones. The plugin configuration is not accessible in the mobile apps, however accessing the configuration on your phones web browser will create a responsive layout, with easy editing.

This can be useful if you want to edit an incorrect detection while watching an episode.

responsive_3.png.424e7ee7b5647067f670cf071ef5700e.png

• Dashboard navbar configuration quick link added

340361044_daSHBOARDQUICKLINK.png.44ee01af638b8081509cb2e697c7062b.png

• Menu dropdown

We have changed the config ui with an option to hide the table options, to best bring focus to the table itself. Clicking the button in the left corner will hide the menu

ui_example_2.thumb.png.6ecd07dffe895db51d17edddfa77e739.png

• Please remember to Clear browsing data.

• Other considerations in this release: paging error fixes/memory consumption limits, fingerprint binary saving, ffmpeg process cpu usages.

As mentioned before, there is some really interesting opportunities with this technology for the future in emby.

If the transition to this new version is not smooth, please post here and we'll help.

The project library posted below is meant to stay in it's dll form (if ya don't mind :) )

Definitely interested in feedback.

For more information or to check out the FAQ (created by @rbjtech ) it's found here: https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki

Here we go! 

IntroSkip_v0.0.1.74.zip

Edited by chef
  • Like 7

embyL0VER

Just be aware of this plugin and would like to test it. Looking into the wiki on GitHub and realized under the list of emby clients that Kodi seems not to be an option.

So I would like to ask if this plugin is working in conjunction with Kodi and emby-next-gen?

Anyway thanks for such a nice feature implementation with this plugin.

Edited by embyL0VER

15 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Just be aware of this plugin and would like to test it. Looking into the wiki on GitHub and realized under the list of emby clients that Kodi seems not to be an option.

So I would like to ask if this plugin is working in conjunction with Kodi and emby-next-gen?

Anyway thanks for such a nice feature implementation with this plugin.

that is a very interesting question.

you are the first kodi user we have had take an interest to test this out. 😃

You'll have to make sure that your emby server is either running windows beta, or linux verison.

It is untested, but (off the top of my head)  I don't see why the auto skip feature (included in this plugin)  wouldn't be able to be used in conjunction with a kodi client. 

Yes, I believe it most likely should work.

Edited by chef
  • Thanks 1

embyL0VER

😄 well than I will simply try it. SSH on my NAS and try to install the plugin. (Should be Linux based) - Thx for the hint, will report back.

2 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

😄 well than I will simply try it. SSH on my NAS and try to install the plugin. (Should be Linux based) - Thx for the hint, will report back.

Oh a NAS too. 

This will be very informative.

Thank you.

BaukeZwart
12 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

It's working for me, Kodi/E4K on Shield, Emby on a Synology NAS in docker using autoskip mostly. 

I have Kodi running on a Shield 2019 Pro and a 2017 model. 

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Weevillo said:

Will this plugin be put out for translation sooner or later?

The intro skip message (if enabled) will be translated into various languages.

The credit skip is currently only in english, but we can definitely translate that as well.

For the configuration UI, I haven't ever tried to get localization working in a plugin before.  But, yes we can absolutely work on implementing localization. 

• Thanks 1