Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

rbjtech
18 minutes ago, Bagul said:

Oh I'm sorry I didn't understand. If I actually put a value for the credit and set the status to TRUE the intro is not skipped at all.

Just to be sure. Like this?

image.thumb.png.1573d3303b54ce8eafadd40f486a8eb2.png

yes - be sure to click save.

Then try - it should start at 0:00 - skip 09:18>09:32 and skip the end sequence at 20:00 

thanks..

rbjtech
4 minutes ago, Bagul said:

I'm an idiot I had checked "don't skip the intro for the first episode". That solved the problem

ok - so by having a Title Sequence of TRUE - it now skips where it is supposed to - correct ?

rbjtech
1 minute ago, Bagul said:

Yes it works properly now.

ok - thanks for confirming.

So we know what the issue is - let us come back to you .

To note this also impacts any episode without a TitleSequence=TRUE so we'll need to wait for a fix.

Thanks !

rbjtech
Just now, rbjtech said:

ok - thanks for confirming.

So we know what the issue is - let us come back to you .

To note this also impacts any episode without a TitleSequence=TRUE so we'll need to wait for a fix.

Thanks !

@chef - FYI - yes this is related to the other issue.

• Thanks 1

chef
14 hours ago, Bagul said:

Yes it works properly now.

We are currently testing a fix for this issue.

Shouldn't be too long now 😃

• Like 1

Bagul

It's perfect :)
I cancelled the scan on my side and deleted the database to start again on a clean basis.

Simple question. Do you know if the Emby developers are going to implement a button to skip the intro?

Also, if you have the time and if it is feasible, will there ever be a way to choose on which platform to display the message? For example on Apple TV the messages stops the episode playing on the beta version and on the stable version an error message appears. I removed the message but it skips the intro abruptly.

Again a huge thank you for your work :)

• Like 2

rbjtech
38 minutes ago, Bagul said:

Simple question. Do you know if the Emby developers are going to implement a button to skip the intro?

Quick answer - yes, they have agreed to this but we do not know when.  Once Introskip is out of Beta and hopefully in the main catalogue, then we can hopefully apply a bit more pressure to get it to the top of their list.  Personally, Auto Skip is working perfectly (so no need for a manual button) - but we do appreciate having the option to manually skip.

38 minutes ago, Bagul said:

Also, if you have the time and if it is feasible, will there ever be a way to choose on which platform to display the message? For example on Apple TV the messages stops the episode playing on the beta version and on the stable version an error message appears. I removed the message but it skips the intro abruptly.

Oh that's interesting - I have never tested on an AppleTV.  Trust them to not be like everybody else .. 🤪

Can you give us some more details on this - so Autoskip works ok, but it's the message part that is not working - is that correct ?

Thanks !

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

chef

We may want to consider not using the message on apple tv, if it interrupts the stream.

The more we learn about how the different clients are affected by messages, the better we can tailor the code.

Bagul

Indeed the skip of the intro works perfectly on Apple TV if the message is disabled. If the message is activated, this is what it looks like:

IMG_0223.thumb.jpg.97d7aac101c8c46b98ca89dd37115282.jpg

And then we return to the application menu.

• Thanks 1

chef
20 minutes ago, Bagul said:

Indeed the skip of the intro works perfectly on Apple TV if the message is disabled. If the message is activated, this is what it looks like:

IMG_0223.thumb.jpg.97d7aac101c8c46b98ca89dd37115282.jpg

And then we return to the application menu.

Yikes! Yup, we'll be ignoring apple tv for certain.

If any other users, come across messages like this on emby clients. We'd love to know.

We can add the name to list of "do not message this client".

Edited by chef

Bagul

My users have Fire Stick, XBOX, iOS, Apple TV, Android TV, Apple TV, LG smart TV and WEB browser as devices and I personally have an apple TV and the only client that is a problem is the Apple TV. But indeed maybe other users are experiencing problems that my users did not tell me.

Thank you again for your work ! :)❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rbjtech

I guess I need to add what works on what client in the Wiki !

edit - done - wiki tables, you gotta love 'em 🤣

I'm missing details for - Roku, iOS and Chromecast - Anybody know if these work ok ?

image.png.fb47824a4278c437f84781a62aaf5eab.png

Emby Client Compatibility List

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 2

chef
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

I guess I need to add what works on what client in the Wiki !

edit - done - wiki tables, you gotta love 'em 🤣

I'm missing details for - Roku, iOS and Chromecast - Anybody know if these work ok ?

image.png.fb47824a4278c437f84781a62aaf5eab.png

Emby Client Compatibility List

That is a thing of beauty right there! 👍👍

Top shelf work!

Painkiller8818

Oh i see it will not work on LG TVs. Is this just for now?

I have a Samsung TV right now but i think of switching to a LG because i want an OLED and i hate to reinstall Emby every month via USB because it isn't available in the store (Europe)

rbjtech
4 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Oh i see it will not work on LG TVs. Is this just for now?

I have a Samsung TV right now but i think of switching to a LG because i want an OLED and i hate to reinstall Emby every month via USB because it isn't available in the store (Europe)

No, there are issues with the LG Client that are outside of our control.  But never buy a TV based on what Apps it can run - buy a TV based on what it can do as a TV - The LG OLED's are excellent in this respect.  I have paired mine with a Shield Pro - I gave up on the LG emby client years ago as while it plays the basics, it cannot play HD Audio and DV via MKV for example  ...

• Agree 1

Bagul

Are you sure that on LG it does not work? I tested and it works with the message (WebOS 5 => Emby 1.0.31).

I can make a video if you want.

And on my iOS device it's works with message

Edited by Bagul

rbjtech
56 minutes ago, Bagul said:

Are you sure that on LG it does not work? I tested and it works with the message (WebOS 5 => Emby 1.0.31).

I can make a video if you want.

And on my iOS device it's works with message

LG - Hmm really - ok, I tested it on mine and nothing worked - I was following up on another users report that it did not work on their LG TV either.  It could be related to the WebOS version - mine is a 2018 OLED TV - what year is yours ?

Thanks on iOS - that's good to know - I'll update the wiki 👍 edit [done]

Edited by rbjtech

Bagul

I tried it on my friend's TV he has a 2019 LG I will ask him to give me the exact model. I asked him to send me a video it should be soon. 

On LG C9

Edited by Bagul
  • Thanks 1

rbjtech
3 hours ago, Bagul said:

I tried it on my friend's TV he has a 2019 LG I will ask him to give me the exact model. I asked him to send me a video it should be soon. 

On LG C9

ok thanks for doing that.  

Well it definitely works ! - which is good news - now we just need to find out why these other LG TV's do not.

Can you also kindly confirm the LG Client version he is using (as well as the model number and ideally the webOS version) ?  

Bagul
Just now, rbjtech said:

ok thanks for doing that.  

Well it definitely works ! - which is good news - now we just need to find out why these other LG TV's do not.

Can you also kindly confirm the LG Client version he is using (as well as the model number and ideally the webOS version) ?  

The last version 1.0.31 for the client and WebOS 5.

• Thanks 1

goldsworthy1

I've been watching this thread for awhile now, curious as to how close it is to full release? or is it going to be in testing for awhile longer?

rbjtech
1 hour ago, goldsworthy1 said:

I've been watching this thread for awhile now, curious as to how close it is to full release? or is it going to be in testing for awhile longer?

A little while longer I'm afraid.

We hit an issue with memory usage on low powered machines (such as NAS devices) so @chef has come up with a method that allows low powered devices to have large media collections without these memory limitations.

We are testing as we speak - results are looking promising, and as a bonus, the speed of detection is also much less.

ETA for a Release Candidate is probably 1-2 weeks away - maybe less.