Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

The extracted images are not updating when edited in the config in .55.

It has been fixed. I'll post an update here in a moment.

• Like 2

v_0.0.1.57

1. Please run the Stats task again
  2. Clear browsing data

DOWNLOAD: IntroSkip_v0.0.1.57.zip

• Fixed update thumb image after editing the timestamp and saving
  • Fixed Stat page throws an error if only one episode exists for a season, and no intros have been calculated yet (ie. Book of Boba Fett)

We still have no idea why thumb image extraction is broken in Emby Server for Linux beta. Everything should work fine in Linux stable releases, and on Windows (beta).

• Like 6

chrismallia

Hi mine keeps stopping at 84precent (episode title sequence detection) I  run the task several time but it stops  right away. I tried it on emby lunyx server beta and stable 4.6.7.0

rbjtech
35 minutes ago, chrismallia said:

Hi mine keeps stopping at 84precent (episode title sequence detection) I  run the task several time but it stops  right away. I tried it on emby lunyx server beta and stable 4.6.7.0

We need to see logs - please turn on debug logging, re-run the task (presume the Fingerprinting), turn off debug and then post the log - PM if you like.

chrismallia
37 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

We need to see logs - please turn on debug logging, re-run the task (presume the Fingerprinting), turn off debug and then post the log - PM if you like.

I sent you a PM with the logs.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Weevillo

On your wiki it states "This is part of the ffmpeg toolset and is used to create an Audio Fingerprint (FP) of the first 15-20 minutes of the TV show and a second FP for the last 5 minutes of the TV show." and I was wondering if it'll do this for shows with short run time? As an example: Anime series will always place the intro within the first 10 min (I dare say within the first 5 minutes really, but for safe measures it would be ideal to have it scan the first 10 min) and the outro time frame could stay the same. Meanwhile blackframe detection wouldn't work at all (since anime outros are animated as well) and you could just run audio fingerprinting on the last 5-10 minutes since anime is consistent there as well.

What I'm getting at is: Could you create a drop-down menu to select a series type so that the servers with cartoon-length episodes doesn't have to scan an unnecessarily long time? Or perhaps make the values changeable for users to determine.

Edited by Weevillo
  • Like 2

rbjtech
9 hours ago, Weevillo said:

On your wiki it states "This is part of the ffmpeg toolset and is used to create an Audio Fingerprint (FP) of the first 15-20 minutes of the TV show and a second FP for the last 5 minutes of the TV show." and I was wondering if it'll do this for shows with short run time? As an example: Anime series will always place the intro within the first 10 min (I dare say within the first 5 minutes really, but for safe measures it would be ideal to have it scan the first 10 min) and the outro time frame could stay the same. Meanwhile blackframe detection wouldn't work at all (since anime outros are animated as well) and you could just run audio fingerprinting on the last 5-10 minutes since anime is consistent there as well.

What I'm getting at is: Could you create a drop-down menu to select a series type so that the servers with cartoon-length episodes doesn't have to scan an unnecessarily long time? Or perhaps make the values changeable for users to determine.

Hi - Thanks for the feedback.

I need to update the wiki  because it's actually done on a percentage of the runtime length as opposed to a fixed length (to avoid unnecessarily long Chromaprint scans as you say).

On the 'type' of TV Series to determine the scan type - that is an interesting idea and we can certainly add that for discussion for a later release. 

Thanks !

• Like 2

Weevillo
4 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Hi - Thanks for the feedback.

I need to update the wiki  because it's actually done on a percentage of the runtime length as opposed to a fixed length (to avoid unnecessarily long Chromaprint scans as you say).

On the 'type' of TV Series to determine the scan type - that is an interesting idea and we can certainly add that for discussion for a later release. 

Thanks !

Oh I see, that sounds like a much better solution. But yeah my thought was that no pre-configured setting can encompass every scenario; not all TV series are equal. Thanks for the update/response!

chef

We'll take our audio clips based on the duration of the episodes.

Currently:

• default is 15 minutes
  • episodes over 40 minutes will have an encoding time of 20  minutes 
  • short episodes (up to 15 minutes) will have a encoding duration of 8 minutes.

Shows like Game of Thrones can have quite a long recap, and some story line prior to the title sequence, while other shows have shorter episodes, with short sequences.

We have tried to find a balance where we don't take too much, or too little of  the episode, to get proper results. 

We ignore comparisons that are less then 10 seconds. 

Recently we have seen a shift in how tv shows deal with title sequences.

We have noticed that some shows (like Hawkeye) may have their initial episode with a title sequence at the beginning, but episodes afterwards will only show a quick title screen. These are difficult to parse.

Other shows like The Mandalorian, don't use title sequences at all. Instead they play the sequence at the end. 

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
19 minutes ago, chef said:

We'll take our audio clips based on the duration of the episodes.

Currently:

• default is 15 minutes
  • episodes over 40 minutes will have an encoding time of 20  minutes 
  • short episodes (up to 15 minutes) will have a encoding duration of 8 minutes.

I've updated the Wiki ;)

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/Emby-Intro---Credit-Skip

• Like 1

mpearon

Are there any provisions to make the skip data portable?  I replicate my media to a second off-site instance that serves a couple of people locally, so the media is identical.  The box that drives that is *very* low-powered, so it might take 1.8 million years to churn through the library.

I glanced around at the titleSequence JSON at `/var/lib/emby/plugins/configurations/titleSequences` and noticed an `InternalId` key - which I assume is instance-specific?

Edited by mpearon
  • Like 1

rbjtech
14 hours ago, mpearon said:

Are there any provisions to make the skip data portable?  I replicate my media to a second off-site instance that serves a couple of people locally, so the media is identical.  The box that drives that is *very* low-powered, so it might take 1.8 million years to churn through the library.

I glanced around at the titleSequence JSON at `/var/lib/emby/plugins/configurations/titleSequences` and noticed an `InternalId` key - which I assume is instance-specific?

you are correct - emby is tied into the unique interalid which is a unique key for each episode.  If you copied the original database for the 2nd instance, then you can just copy the same titlesequence.db file :)  However, if this database was build independently - then it will have uniqueid's and thus you'll have to rebuild the titlesequence.db file.

There are no plans to change this lookup method.

Thanks for helping to test.

• Like 1

Guardian87

I now tested the process as well and got the attached error message.

Not really sure where the page file is set though.

grafik.png

rbjtech
4 minutes ago, Guardian87 said:

grafik.png

Oh that's a new one - can you also post the embyserver.txt log so we can get context on when this happened ? (pm if you like).

Guardian87
17 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Oh that's a new one - can you also post the embyserver.txt log so we can get context on when this happened ? (pm if you like).

I've sent you the log via pm. Just let me know if you need any more input.

chef
38 minutes ago, Guardian87 said:

grafik.png

Whoa! What is that?!?! 

Sarakha63
5 hours ago, rbjtech said:

you are correct - emby is tied into the unique interalid which is a unique key for each episode.  If you copied the original database for the 2nd instance, then you can just copy the same titlesequence.db file :)  However, if this database was build independently - then it will have uniqueid's and thus you'll have to rebuild the titlesequence.db file.

There are no plans to change this lookup method.

Thanks for helping to test.

there could be a kind of export to json file... that will export on demand a json file with tvshow/ season /episode   based on the unique id. 

and an import that will import those data by looking for the id.... and hop we can safely save our manually edited data for another instance or if we have to rebuild our server from zero.

chef
1 minute ago, Sarakha63 said:

there could be a kind of export to json file... that will export on demand a json file with tvshow/ season /episode   based on the unique id. 

and an import that will import those data by looking for the id.... and hop we can safely save our manually edited data for another instance or if we have to rebuild our server from zero.

We've kept the IDs specific to one  emby instance to keep the plugin proprietary.

Sarakha63
Just now, chef said:

We've kept the IDs specific to one  emby instance to keep the plugin proprietary.

you could hash the json with wathever key you want to avoid that.

but im not sure that "proprietary" is a reason to take the risk for people  to loose sometimes thousands of manually editing episodes timings.

because as of now anyone who would want to be annoying could export the database and make a script with api calls to their emby server to retreive those infos... So exporting to a proprietary format to reimport it in the plugin is not a bad idea and wont on my point of view make the plugin more proprietary but will greatly help people that took lots of times for editing their timings and one day for whatever reason has to rebuilt their emby server and rescan all their items. (manually timings wont even be retreived)

but as i proposed you could if you want the json to be obfuscated hash it with a key defined in the dll with a reverse hash method so the plugin could also decrypt it

rbjtech

For manually edited items only, I think that is a reasonable request - and we can certainly consider that down the line.

For the moment, db backup's ensure this data is not lost in the event of external factors (and in this regard, it is no different to manually editing other metadata in emby for example).

Bagul

Hey,
I installed the plugin and started scanning my series. After 6 days of scanning (I really have a lot of TV series) I am currently halfway through the detection and I wanted to try. When I launch an episode the intro is skipped since the beginning of the episode while it has not started. When I look in the data the markers are well positioned.
For example: 12 Monkeys S01E01 the intro is identified and starts at 00:09:18 and ends at 00:09:32. When I launch the episode it will start at 00:09:32. Is it normal ?

Thank you very much for your work!

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
33 minutes ago, Bagul said:

Hey,
I installed the plugin and started scanning my series. After 6 days of scanning (I really have a lot of TV series) I am currently halfway through the detection and I wanted to try. When I launch an episode the intro is skipped since the beginning of the episode while it has not started. When I look in the data the markers are well positioned.
For example: 12 Monkeys S01E01 the intro is identified and starts at 00:09:18 and ends at 00:09:32. When I launch the episode it will start at 00:09:32. Is it normal ?

Thank you very much for your work!

Hi first of all - thanks for helping us to test.

..and yes, I found the same bug about an hour ago. 

Does this episode have an End Title Sequence (ie is it TRUE or FALSE ?)  - I suspect it is FALSE - and this is what is causing the issues.

Can you manually set a title Sequence (set it to TRUE) and put in an approx end time - once saved - can you re-try the episode to see if it then starts at 0:00 and skips properly at 9:18>9:32 and then continues (it should then also skip the Title Sequence at the time you specified.)

@chef - I think this issue is related to the one we spoke about earlier - I witnessed the same scenario - it skipped direct to the end of the Intro, missing the start of the episode.  The episode did not start @ 0:00 so it should not do this.

Thanks!

• Agree 1

Bagul

On my interface it is on True

image.png.7649e3a2a0d0ec234f921d8b73c48322.png

I try to put custom value. set FALSE and reset TRUE. Reset custom value and i have the same bug

Edited by Bagul

rbjtech
14 minutes ago, Bagul said:

On my interface it is on True

image.png.7649e3a2a0d0ec234f921d8b73c48322.png

I try to put custom value. set FALSE and reset TRUE. Reset custom value and i have the same bug

I'm referring to the one on the right (end Sequence) - you need to put in a time - just overwrite the numbers with say 20:00 - then click save.  Both the intro and end title sequence should be TRUE.

Then re-try by coming out that show and going back in again.

I just need to see if this fixes the problem - I believe it will (but this obviously isn't the fix ;) - this is just to test )

Thanks.

Bagul

Oh I'm sorry I didn't understand. If I actually put a value for the credit and set the status to TRUE the intro is not skipped at all.

Just to be sure. Like this?

image.thumb.png.1573d3303b54ce8eafadd40f486a8eb2.png

Edited by Bagul