Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

fallenwitch3r

its strange, some episodes have an intro but without timestamp and the preview picture

875656217_Screenshot2021-12-03210234.thumb.png.660f44ef1f51186b22469d1642911580.png

Here a screen from S06E09

1470722962_Screenshot2021-12-03210333.png.95c3570f2d7aa9ce77a7f8dd247192a1.png

Edited by fallenwitch3r

22 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

its strange, some episodes have an intro but without timestamp and the preview picture

875656217_Screenshot2021-12-03210234.thumb.png.660f44ef1f51186b22469d1642911580.png

@Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, fallenwitch3r said:

I think you had chapters option on when you ran the scan. Possibly edited. 
can you do a refresh metadata on that season (no image refresh required) and post back results please.

if it still fails i will need a log.

one last thing are you run linux beta server?

fallenwitch3r

Yes it works. No I'm running the version 4.7.0.17 on Ubuntu.

Edited by fallenwitch3r

Painkiller8818

As there were 2 Emby Server updates, does this now also work on windows with the latest stable (4.6.7.0) or does it still not work for Emby on Windows?

Thanks

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, fallenwitch3r said:

Yes it works. No I'm running the version 4.7.0.17 on Ubuntu.

So the refresh metadata fixed it? Thanks

11 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

As there were 2 Emby Server updates, does this now also work on windows with the latest stable (4.6.7.0) or does it still not work for Emby on Windows?

Thanks

I think that the answer is still no.  I'll send you a PM ;) 

• Like 1

Painkiller8818

Will it now work with large libs with lots of shows and episodes or is it still recommended to use 300-500 episodes and not the whole tv show library?

thanks

22 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Will it now work with large libs with lots of shows and episodes or is it still recommended to use 300-500 episodes and not the whole tv show library?

thanks

It does work on big libraries, it's just a matter of time fingerprinting and detecting everything.

Depending on the size this can take a few weeks.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

rbjtech
23 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

thanks

It all depends on the number of episodes, disk I/O capability and CPU strength/threads.

I have run on multiple instances with approx 24K episodes and it took maybe 5-6 hrs to finger print, 7-8 hrs to Detect for each instance.

On a low powered NAS, days/weeks is more likely to be a realistic timeline.

Partially due to this workload, we are working on the default being 'no' shows - and you add them as required, as opposed to us adding them all and you make exceptions for the ones you do not want to include.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Painkiller8818

With the help of @Cheesegeezer i am now able to test it on Windows with the latest Stable (4.6.7.0) with modified ffmpeg files.

I started the Audio Fingerprint on all of my episodes which are a bit more then 12K and edited the plugin settings to take 4 files/instances at once.
I also disabled fast detection so this should also need more CPU.

My CPU is at about 20-30% and the RAM is also not doing much.

So i wonder why, because i really expected this will need all my power. So this process could be speeded up a lot if it would really use the available power.

Is it normal that this tasks don't use full power and need about 90-100% CPU?
I am testing this on a NUC i9 Extreme and 16GB RAM.
The Network is because i am actually watching a 4K movie at the same time on my TV.

grafik.thumb.png.91facc483c3c07d4d2d3bf70df1eede0.png

Edited by Painkiller8818

Considering what I am seeing in that screenshot and giving the specs you have, you can surely use more than 4 instances im parallel which should then speed up the whole process.

• Like 1

Painkiller8818

Ok thanks, I went up to 8, but still not much more usage. So i doubled it to 16. But there is still not much CPU usage, again 20-40 (peak)

Now i wanted to double it again but it seems 16 is the highest allowed Value. Does this have to do with the CPU Cores or is it just a coincidence that it is 16 because i have 8 cores and 16 logical.

Thanks

fbrassin

I've just run FP and SD.

In the "wheel of time" i already had the first 3 episode detected correctly, episode 4 and 5 are new ones.

But i see them without intro even if there is one.

Here is what i see.

Do you want me to try anything?781390969_WhatsAppImage2021-12-06at11_58_52.thumb.jpeg.69cb6271c94663c331f4247d1593ce1b.jpeg

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, Painkiller8818 said:

With the help of @Cheesegeezer i am now able to test it on Windows with the latest Stable (4.6.7.0) with modified ffmpeg files.

I started the Audio Fingerprint on all of my episodes which are a bit more then 12K and edited the plugin settings to take 4 files/instances at once.

So i wonder why, because i really expected this will need all my power. So this process could be speeded up a lot if it would really use the available power.

The Network is because i am actually watching a 4K movie at the same time on my TV.

FP is disk I/O not CPU intensive, so during the FP you wont see much.  Wait until you get to Detection, things will certainly change!!

18 minutes ago, fbrassin said:

I've just run FP and SD.

In the "wheel of time" i already had the first 3 episode detected correctly, episode 4 and 5 are new ones.

But i see them without intro even if there is one.

Here is what i see.

Do you want me to try anything?781390969_WhatsAppImage2021-12-06at11_58_52.thumb.jpeg.69cb6271c94663c331f4247d1593ce1b.jpeg

Try and reset the season.  and run FP and Detect again.  What we have noticed is that the Detection can be cut short the core library scan or config backup tools run.

We will add a disclaimer when released. but there is nothing we can do about it.

• Like 2

rbjtech

Just expanding a little on what @Cheesegeezer has said above.

Fingerprint/Chromaprint is the task of reading (disk I/O) the Audio from the media file, copying it to local disk cache ((disk I/O), transforming it into a 'fingerprint' (cpu) and then copying that into the emby titlesequence database (disk I/O).

As you can see from the above, the majority of this stage is disk I/O - it is not cpu bound at all.

We have found that unless you have a monster disk I/O subsystem with multiple independent controllers, a large number of parallel HDD's - increasing this number beyond 4-6 simply 'queues' up the disk I/O tasks - thus you gain very little and in some cases actually make the performance worse as the disks are being thrashed/seeks with massive random I/O (slow).

Once you get to detect however, all the processing is done from the dB (with as much in memory as we need) for the finger print analysis (cpu intensive) and also ffmpeg is used in Black Frame Detection mode for the end sequence detection (disk I/O again to get the file fragment) but this is extremely cpu intensive.  We have tried to tame it - but this is actually an ffmpeg limitation.

RAM usage is very low, as we now only read the data and keep it in memory as needed.

On the detect task - I'd suggest you keep an eye on the cpu temps - as it will hit 100% across all cores if your disk I/O can keep up .. 😜 

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Painkiller8818

Thanks for the description @rbjtech.

I will keep an Eye on the CPU then it comes to the detect task. As i am using an M.2 Disk this should not be the Problem :)

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, fbrassin said:

The server is installed on ubuntu, server version is 4.7.0.18 beta

sorry i completely missed the @  in that request.  I've deleted my response so as not to confuse.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Just wait... Fingerprinting take low resources.

It's the detection that is going to push your processor.

You could up the max number of concurrent series it is processing in advanced settings. But I would be careful when detection starts that it isnt to high.

Like I say, detection can be a heavy load .

Thanks so much for take the time to run this and give it a go!! 😃

fbrassin
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Try and reset the season.  and run FP and Detect again.  What we have noticed is that the Detection can be cut short the core library scan or config backup tools run.

We will add a disclaimer when released. but there is nothing we can do about it.

I reset season and update metadata of the season. And not intro and end credits have been found.

Do you mean that sometimes FP is stopped before ending?

BTW, if it happens again, do i need only to reset season or also update metadata?

Edited by fbrassin

1 hour ago, fbrassin said:

The server is installed on ubuntu, server version is 4.7.0.18 beta

It might be related to that as I am seeing the same.
From what I know there is something wrong that the next or one of the next server betas should solve.

chef, cheese, what fbrassin is seeing seems to be the extraction problem I reported in the testing topic.
Please correct me if I am wrong though.

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, fbrassin said:

I reset season and update metadata of the season. And not intro and end credits have been found.

Do you mean that sometimes FP is stopped before ending?

BTW, if it happens again, do i need only to reset season or also update metadata?

See Neik response below

19 minutes ago, neik said:

It might be related to that as I am seeing the same.
From what I know there is something wrong that the next or one of the next server betas should solve.

chef, cheese, what fbrassin is seeing seems to be the extraction problem I reported in the testing topic.
Please correct me if I am wrong though.

Ahhhh yes.... Glad you're here to remind us!! lol 🤣

There appears to be an issue with the new ffmpeg.

Would you be able to go into your system.old folder and switch the 3 x ffmpeg files to the system folder.  this could fix it, if it is a ffmpeg revision included in linux beta.