Series pooling on different drives

NightwingDG

NightwingDG

Hello. I've been trying to get this to work and I had to create an account and get help. I've searched all 3 or 4 threads around this topic and I couldn't get it to work. Everything is organized nicely in the Emby Web interface but not on the Kodi add-on. I tried "Perform local database reset" and then "Perform manual sync" but my TV shows spread across different drives are still showing as more than one. "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" is already checked in Emby Server as well. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Angelblue05

When you go to the Metadata manager (home > Metadata manager -- if you don't see it you are not an admin user). Select the library and the content you expect in the series pooling. At the level of the series name, click it (not season or episode). Scroll down in the main box, you'll see the metadata providers id; the tvdb id should be the same for all series in the series pooling.

Another thing, verify if he series are combined in the webclient.

Edited by Angelblue05

NightwingDG

Yeah, the series are combined in webclient. It's weird, I checked Metadata manager and it only shows one season instead of all 5 seasons. But they're all there in the webclient already.

Angelblue05

Hmm, not sure. Do you have more than one series that is combined? Is it the same for all of them?

NightwingDG

This is what you're referring to, right?

Yeah, a lot of them are showing double.

post-220121-0-16700000-1497238367_thumb.png

Edited by NightwingDG
  • Like 1

NightwingDG

Ok, thanks! Is there a way to refresh/reset the Metadata? It's showing Season 5 here but I have all 4 Seasons which should all be listed I believe.

post-220121-0-77915600-1497238973_thumb.png

NightwingDG

I uncheked "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" and now all 5 seasons are showing in the nodes. I'll perform a manual sync and see if that does anything.

NightwingDG

Yeah, that didn't do anything. Anyone else seeing duplicate folders on Kodi? The shows have to be in different drives to replicate this problem. Thanks!

Decension

Yeah, that didn't do anything. Anyone else seeing duplicate folders on Kodi? The shows have to be in different drives to replicate this problem. Thanks!

I just tried it, put season 2 of a show not in my library on my C: drive and season 1 on my D: drive, added them to the library and I'm getting 2 folders in Kodi, one with each season.  Running Emby server 3.2.20.0 on Win 10 pro and Kodi 17.3 on Libreelec (official) 8.02 with Emby Addon 2.3.48.

I requested this feature back before it is was 'added' and tried it afterwards and was never able to get it work.  I normally use symbolic links to combine seasons for shows and point Emby to the folder with the links (which works fine).  It would be nice for emby to do this natively so I wouldn't have to maintain the folder with all the symlinks.

One strange thing, only season 2 shows up in the metadata manager, but both seasons show in the TV section of Emby when viewed with my browser.

NightwingDG

I just tried it, put season 2 of a show not in my library on my C: drive and season 1 on my D: drive, added them to the library and I'm getting 2 folders in Kodi, one with each season.  Running Emby server 3.2.20.0 on Win 10 pro and Kodi 17.3 on Libreelec (official) 8.02 with Emby Addon 2.3.48.

I requested this feature back before it is was 'added' and tried it afterwards and was never able to get it work.  I normally use symbolic links to combine seasons for shows and point Emby to the folder with the links (which works fine).  It would be nice for emby to do this natively so I wouldn't have to maintain the folder with all the symlinks.

One strange thing, only season 2 shows up in the metadata manager, but both seasons show in the TV section of Emby when viewed with my browser.

Yep, these are all the issues I'm experiencing as well.

What's even more weird is that this is only happening with some shows. Some shows on different drives are combined perfectly and show up in one node.

• 2 weeks later...
cetebaku

Any news on this?

Got the same problem. 

I have one series season 1-8 on one drive and season 9 at another drive. The series  is doubled in Kodi. One with 8 seasons and one with season 9.

Emby web app shows everything fine.

Metadata Manager shows only season 1-8. I can't find season 9

Any news on this?

Got the same problem. 

I have one series season 1-8 on one drive and season 9 at another drive. The series  is doubled in Kodi. One with 8 seasons and one with season 9.

Emby web app shows everything fine.

Metadata Manager shows only season 1-8. I can't find season 9

I think the metadata manager just hasn't implemented it yet. I'll have to check on that, thanks.

NightwingDG

Does the Emby add-on pull from the web client or does it do it's own sorting/pooling? Thanks for looking into this Luke!

Edited by NightwingDG

Angelblue05

Honestly, series pooling needs to be reviewed in the addon.

Right now, I believe it does it's own pooling. If it finds the tvdb id already exists in the kodi database, it will merge shows together. However, I think this is only applied with a manual sync, not the initial sync. So let me get back to you on that one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NightwingDG

Honestly, series pooling needs to be reviewed in the addon.

Right now, I believe it does it's own pooling. If it finds the tvdb id already exists in the kodi database, it will merge shows together. However, I think this is only applied with a manual sync, not the initial sync. So let me get back to you on that one :)

Ok, cool! I think this whole process would be easier if it just pulled straight from the client, not just shows but movies too. The web client is already doing the work there. I believe I read this is one of the fixes for Kodi 18 but I could be wrong.

Angelblue05

Yes, it needs to be reviewed, because series pooling was implemented, but never touched since series pooling was first added to the server. I'll make sure the process is improved and reflects what's in the webclient. Thanks :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
djhifi

This is a problem that has been discussed alot of times. 

Previously (i.e: before KODI 17.3) it was working by doing this:

1 - Reset local database

2 - Let initial sync finish

3 - Run a manual sync after 2. and let it finish.

Something along the way broke this client-side.

And the problem relies on the fact that when the addon was written, stuff was not yet implemented server side.

I believe this is still broken. Altough I just dont care anymore because:

I have made a workaround...which took me over 2 weeks. It was, moving files around my REALLY REALLY BIG home NAS, in order to store all the seasons of a given TV Show in the same RAID-ARRAY-

@op: You can read the same issue being reported here (with all the correct input being given by the rest of the DEV team):

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44922-series-pooling-doesnt-work-in-kodi/

So, as you can see, this comes way back from February.

Edited by djhifi

NightwingDG

Certainly, there are ways to get around it but they're on it.

Devs, any updates on this? Thanks!

Certainly, there are ways to get around it but they're on it.

Devs, any updates on this? Thanks!

What are you asking for an update on? We already support series pooling.

NightwingDG

What are you asking for an update on? We already support series pooling.

It used to be supported but I think it broke somewhere along the way. Series pooling works on the client side but not on the add on itself. If you have shows on multiple drives, multiple titles appear for one show. It doesn't compile them to one section.

post-220121-0-19429200-1502221571_thumb.png