Emby Not Saving Play Count

Steverido

Can you please play something to completion in EMC, let it return to the detail screen and sit for about 60 seconds and then post the EMC log?  Thanks.

Steverido

Can you please play something to completion in EMC, let it return to the detail screen and sit for about 60 seconds and then post the EMC log?  Thanks.

I can but it will be next weekend ebr. I work away from home.

Please provide the log when you can.  I just did the exact thing you did and everything worked as it should.

• I went to a season with no watched episodes.
  • Hit ctl-w on the first two and they immediately were marked as watched (and I got the message top right)
  • Then I played the third episode to completion and, when it returned to the series screen, not only was the item marked watched but it also moved the cursor to the next item as it should (if you have automatically scroll to next unwatched selected)

Steverido

Please provide the log when you can.  I just did the exact thing you did and everything worked as it should.

• I went to a season with no watched episodes.
  • Hit ctl-w on the first two and they immediately were marked as watched (and I got the message top right)
  • Then I played the third episode to completion and, when it returned to the series screen, not only was the item marked watched but it also moved the cursor to the next item as it should (if you have automatically scroll to next unwatched selected)

Mine most certainly is not doing any of that ebr.

Okay, you left a key piece of information out of your report :).  You are using an external player.

If you turn that off, does everything work as it should?

Make sure you have the webserver enabled in MPC-HC.

Steverido

Okay, you left a key piece of information out of your report :).  You are using an external player.

If you turn that off, does everything work as it should?

Make sure you have the webserver enabled in MPC-HC.

Apologies for that. :)

I have added two screen captures to show what I think you mean. I have checked the box for listening on port.

I have removed MPC-HC and will report later what the findings are.

post-519-0-94427700-1499627147_thumb.png

post-519-0-43310900-1499627153_thumb.png

Steverido

Internal player does not work. Probably codecs. The last episode has marked as played since I checked the listening port. I will see if it continues.

Thanks for your help Gents.

Internal player does not work. Probably codecs. The last episode has marked as played since I checked the listening port. I will see if it continues.

Thanks for your help Gents.

Yes, that option needs to be enabled for resume/watched functionality to work with MPC-HC.

You also need to purchase the CEC adapter if my memory serves me well.

Only if you want to use CEC, but since Emby for WMC has no CEC support, this is isn't really a basis of comparison between the two apps, right?

Yes it is out of beta. Thanks.

Steverido

Only if you want to use CEC, but since Emby for WMC has no CEC support, this is isn't really a basis of comparison between the two apps, right?

Yes it is out of beta. Thanks.

I understand that but if you want to use a remote it is required is it not?

Steverido

No, you can use whatever remote you're currently using with Emby for WMC.

Thanks Luke, I will check it out. I will miss Emby for WMC though. Used it for a very long time.