Emby Not Saving Play Count

Steverido

Steverido

Guys,

I have the settings correct in Emby for Windows Media Center but it has stopped saving the play count on episodes of seasons of TV.

Does this save within Emby for WMC or the server?

If so which & I will attach the correct logs.

It saves on the server. Why do you think that it isn't being saved?

Steverido

I play episodes and it is highlighting them as played or showing play count reduced on the cover.

I play episodes and it is highlighting them as played or showing play count reduced on the cover.

Hi.  The number on the cover is the number of unplayed items within that container (season, series, etc.)

Does that clear it up?

Steverido

Hi Ebr, I understand that. I have never had this issue before. It just stopped working. Perhaps I need to uninstall and delete the folders and then setup again.

Steverido

I meant to say it is not showing as played.

• 3 weeks later...
Steverido

Guys, I have uninstalled both server and Emby for WMC and made sure that I deleted everything. I have installed and configured but it is still not showing episodes as played.

I have checked everything to make sure that it is configured correctly and it is.

Any ideas please?

I mean the web app built into Emby Server. If you can perform the same tests there for comparison purposes, that would provide us with useful information. Thanks.

Steverido

Attached log Luke and screen shot inside WMC. I have manually gone into library and checkked two episodes as played. Just watched the third episode and it does not show played. IE: highlighted blue like the others.

server-63634012053.txt

post-519-0-58173200-1498422357_thumb.png

Can you try the same things using the Emby web app and offer comparison? thanks !

Steverido

Can you try the same things using the Emby web app and offer comparison? thanks !

Luke, I have tried it how you suggested and it is marking them as played and the cover shows the correct count. We have also tried it on Android and that is fine too. It appears to be Emby for Windows media center only that is not working correctly.

Done all this many times and no change.

Sorry, I don't understand what that means.

Are you saying that, even re-starting Emby for WMC still doesn't show these items as watched but the web app does show them as watched?

Steverido

Sorry, I don't understand what that means.

Are you saying that, even re-starting Emby for WMC still doesn't show these items as watched but the web app does show them as watched?

That is correct ebr

Steverido

That is correct ebr

ebr, I have added screen captures of the settings for you to check.

Thanks for your help.

post-519-0-33610500-1498988678_thumb.png

post-519-0-37205700-1498988687_thumb.png

Attached log Luke and screen shot inside WMC. I have manually gone into library and checkked two episodes as played. Just watched the third episode and it does not show played. IE: highlighted blue like the others.

So, in this situation right here, no matter how many times you go in and out of EMC that third episode does not show as played?

But, if you bring up the same episode in the web app, it does?

Same user in both apps, right...?

@@ebr I think some clarification is needed. I think what he means to say is that when playback happens in EMC, it doesn't get reflected anywhere. When it happens in the web app, it does get reflected everywhere.

@@ebr I think some clarification is needed. I think what he means to say is that when playback happens in EMC, it doesn't get reflected anywhere. When it happens in the web app, it does get reflected everywhere.

Well, see, that's what I was originally thinking but he seems to be saying that the item that doesn't show as played in EMC does in the web app and that's what has me confuddled :).

Steverido

That is correct Luke. If I play in Web app or Android, it is working correctly. In EMC it does not.