Emby for Samsung Smart TV 2014 Now in App Store

Luke

schmitty

Is the key combination workaround the same thing as the other workaround which could brick the tv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shorty1483

Is the key combination workaround the same thing as the other workaround which could brick the tv?

No, no fiddling in the service menu.

• Like 1

SamES

Hi @@shorty1483, could you please test something for me.  Could you please uninstall the Emby app from the store, then do a full cold reboot of the TV, then reinstall the app from the store.  I'm curious if that makes a difference.

FrostByte

Is anyone seeing an issue with Volume Down in the app?  Volume Up and Mute are working, but not Down.  On Volume Down I can see the red light on the TV flash, so I know it's seeing the command, but there is no OSD and it doesn't change the volume down any.  To get Volume Down to work I need to change the source on my Samsung to my Home Theater System and then I change it back to TV source again when I'm done.

schmitty

No, no fiddling in the service menu.

Will this work on a UA65JS9000WXXY?

SilentAssassin

Is anyone seeing an issue with Volume Down in the app?  Volume Up and Mute are working, but not Down.  On Volume Down I can see the red light on the TV flash, so I know it's seeing the command, but there is no OSD and it doesn't change the volume down any.  To get Volume Down to work I need to change the source on my Samsung to my Home Theater System and then I change it back to TV source again when I'm done.

I've got a H6400 TV and the volume up and down works but I don't see any OSD for any volume control changes either up or down.

• Like 1

shorty1483

Hi @@shorty1483, could you please test something for me.  Could you please uninstall the Emby app from the store, then do a full cold reboot of the TV, then reinstall the app from the store.  I'm curious if that makes a difference.

Sorry for the late reply.

But no dice, same problems as before.

SamES

Thanks @@shorty1483,

Quick update, I think we have a solution for the volume/OSD issues. We also have a bit of an idea now what is going on with the playback issue. Just need to get to the root cause.

Thanks all.

Edited by SamES
  • Like 2

Tuffnutz

Any more updates on these issues?  i really want to use this instead of Plex but with the way it is i have no choice 

pünktchen

Users having problems changing the Smart Hub region inside the SMart Hub should try to follow this Guide:

1. Press Menu

2. Go to Smart Hub Settings

3. Reset Smart Hub

4. When Reset is done, press Smart Hub Remote Key

5. When the EULA appears during the setup, press: >> 2 8 9 << and wait a few seconds until the region selection appears

6. Select US as region (the US EULA will be loaded)

7. Accept the US EULA

8. Proceed with the following setup steps

If i reset SmartHub, are all apps lost?

Also if i change it to the US version, i guess i cannot use german Amazon anymore?

shorty1483

If i reset SmartHub, are all apps lost?

Also if i change it to the US version, i guess i cannot use german Amazon anymore?

Yes, all gone.

@@Luke One general question, is the app package available anywhere so that I could put it on a TV attached USB stick in the future ? Background: Since the the new german rights agreements for soccer broadcasts include now also a package from Discovery which atm will not be available over cable/SAT but just over IP, I hope that they bring back the Eurosport Player to the Samsung Smart TV. But just in the EU, so I would need to reset my Hub to germany perhaps if they'll do.

Edited by shorty1483

shorty1483

@@shorty1483

@@Tuffnutz

@@SilentAssassin

@@rbjtech

@@coolspot

A 0.106 update has launched. Please try it out and let us know if it resolves your issue, thanks.

No dice. TV model in signature.

- With a fixed bitrate setting (specially a high one), the app still force closes on every video file I tried, even the lower bitrate ones (h264, ac3/dts, mkv).

- With bitrate setting auto, the first playback start works. Server shows direct play on every file I tried

-> Sometimes I have a picture, sometimes just sound (with the same files)

-> After a few seconds, the app also force closes

FrostByte

@shorty1483  What fixed bitrate are you running at?  I have mine set at 30MBs which is the highest my tv manual says it can go and I haven't had any crashes with 106.  I've played several movies, and episodes with no issues.  The previous version I could get to crash all the time

Do you see the new spinner with 106?

The only two issues I have are the known chapters and actors bugs which were reported with the Tizen app also.

SilentAssassin

Even worse now, when trying to change the volume it quits out of the app and then you see the volume change OSD.

Stats for nerds doesn't bring anything up.

FrostByte

No volume issues here.  Up, Down, and Mute all work and show the OSD correctly.

Is there a possibility there is a difference with US and European models?  Does the debugger allow you to emulate a European model?

coolspot

Thanks @@Luke for the headsup regarding the update.  1.06 is an improvement as this is the first official build I got a video to play on.

I also still had a problem with another video.

The only difference I could see between the working one The Son - Episode 9 (aac 2.0 audio) and the non-working video  The Son - Episode 10 (ac3 5.1 audio).  The non-working video either got a black screen, or crashed out of the app on once occasion and I had to go back into it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7mnkseu1f8eq4dj/AABQSOAhrNVkMxigqwuXRISpa?dl=0 

Here are my log files.

Let me know if anything else would be helpful

Edited by coolspot

Tuffnutz

Still drops out  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^ thought it might of just been on 1080p but nope still drops out on 720p aswell such a shame I really want to use this app

I don't even get to check the volume before it drops aswell lol

Edited by Tuffnutz