Videos Marked as Watched Immediately After Starting

zlmitchell

zlmitchell

Hey all,

I'm running Emby Server on unRAID and have the Emby For Kodi running on both SPMC and Kodi on a Shield TV. Both give me the same result in which the moment i play a video if i just stop it, it marks it as watched. I have found no way around this and it is getting pretty annoying, Especially if you dont finish a movie or episode and not only has it not kept track of your place but it no longer is in your unwatched videos.

Anyone know what might be causing this? 

Angelblue05

Make sure emby is able to probe your files. This happens when the media info is unknown, and there's no time length. Check your server logs. If you check the content in the webclient, does it show a runtime?

zlmitchell

It doesn't now that you mention it. Also playing from the browser is not working. Are you familiar to the docker in unRaid? Do you know if there is a variable or something i am missing? Am i supposed to leave the /mnt path to that or should i put it to /mnt/users ?

Thanks in advanced

Angelblue05

Sorry, no I'm not familiar with this. Only Kodi. Check your server logs to see what the error is when you try to play or refresh. Otherwise, I suggest posting in the server section of the forums for some assistance.

Edited by Angelblue05

@@zlmitchell did this help? Were you able to check the web app detail screen for one of these videos? let us know, thanks !

zlmitchell

haven't found the answer yet, going to post over in the sever section next. Thanks for checking in Luke.

@@zlmitchell did you check the detail screen of the web app to verify that it displays a known runtime for one of these videos? that is the first thing to check. thanks !