Automatic change of music folder names

matthewSK

matthewSK

Hi all,

I'm new in Emby and have a question. I have my music sorted in folders like january 2017, february 2017... After I added new music library, emby automaticaly changes folder names based on I don't know what. :) The option "Download artwork and metadata from the internet" is unchecked, but it looks like emby somehow synchronizes folder names with artwork and metadata from songs themselfs. Is there any option to disable this sync function?

Thanks.

Hi, what do you mean by change the name of folders? We do not rename your folders.

matthewSK

I mean Folders "tap" in Emby (When I selelct Music -> Folders).

After I added new music library, everything is fine:

59383dad3522a_emby_before.png

And this is the result few seconds later:

59383e0adce5d_emby_after.png

• 1 month later...
Untoten

Mine does this too, I have a folder called MISC videos which has some adult swim shorts.  I put it as home video but for some reason it still tries to match and it still plays trailers that are only enabled in movies category, not home movies.  It seems to be doing whatever it wants.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
lundblad

I have the same problem. Emby automaticaly changes folder name to a random song/album/artist from inside the folder. If i manually edit the folder name in emby then after next scan it changes back.

Libary is setup as music,  not home video

Emby server is on synology nas

Edited by mopsiptv

I have the same problem. Emby automaticaly changes folder name to a random song/album/artist from inside the folder. If i manually edit the folder name in emby then after next scan it changes back.

Libary is setup as music,  not home video

Emby server is on synology nas

Hi, what exactly do you mean by folder name? Emby won't rename your actual physical folders.