Moving Library.db to alternate location

RedBaron164

RedBaron164

I've been monitoring my Emby server trying to improve performance. I'm seeing high disk activity when library.db gets hit pretty hard. My disk active time maxes out or gets very high and then the response time for the C: drive starts to climb and its about 500ms. So I would like to move the library.db to a secondary drive to see if it helps with overall performance. Is that something that's possible and has anyone tried it? I've moved the cache location to a secondary drive as well and that helped a bit but I want to try moving library.db if it's at all possible.

Hi, we currently don't have any settings for this. You would just have to start fresh with a new portable install.

RedBaron164

Maybe try a symbolic link. Yes, you can do them on windows: (do a hard link)

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

I've thought about doing that just haven't giving it a try yet. If I continue to see disk activity issues with the library.db file I'll probably give it a shot.

RedBaron164

Just an update, I created a symbolic link for the entire Emby-Server\data folder and moved it to a separate drive and it works great.

• Like 2