Live TV not starting in Emby Theater

clarkss12

clarkss12

Tried to play live TV using Emby theater running on my Windows 10 desktop, but would not start, only circle going round and round.

Server Version 3.2.19.0

Emby Theater Emby Theater 2.7.9

Tried to watch a live TV stream today while I was away using my cellular data, but again live TV would not start, did watch a recorded show flawlessly.  Not sure the last time I used Emby theater to watch a live TV stream, maybe a couple days ago?, but it worked great then.  Not sure what has changed.

Server log.txt

Edit, switched servers to my Pine64 and the live TV stream played flawlessly with  Direct Playing.  This server uses my older HDHomeRun OTA tuner.  Whereas my Vorke V2 server (the one that won't play live TV) uses my newer HDHomeRun OTA transcoding tuner set to mobile.

Edit 2:  Switched server to my Ugoos box, and it is setup to use my newer HDHomeRun Extend (transcoding set to heavy), again, it played the live TV stream flawlessly, using Direct Playing.  So that eliminates the live TV stream source.

One more test using another low powered Windows 10 box as my server.

Edit 3:  Switched to my Tronsmart Ara X5 Windows 10 microPC and same thing, live TV will not start, only spinning circle.

Conclusion, >> low powered, Arm based devices running the Emby server has no problem playing live TV streams using Direct Playing.  However, the Windows 10 machines will NOT play live streaming TV.  So, something is wrong with the server for Windows, BUT, it worked a day or two before, and I don't see any change log for the server since then.....................

Edit 4:  Ran one more test.  Used Emby server running on my Desktop Windows 10 (Version 3.2.19.0), same computer to run the Emby Theater and using the HDHomeRun Extend with transcoding set to "heavy".  Live TV stream played flawlessly, using "Direct Playing".  So, have no idea why my other Windows 10 computers set as the server will not allow live TV streaming....

One other item, not related to this topic, but a pain anyway.  When using the Emby Theater, if I just click the *X* button at the top of the Theater window, to close out the Theater, instead of backing out of the live stream, it will NOT release the tuner.  I have to manually release the tuner.  This happens on my other clients also.  If I forget to do this, then the tuner is tied up until I realize it is in use, and manually release it.  I have found it tied up for several days, and with my setup, it can be difficult to find the client that has the tuner tied up.

Edited by clarkss12

This log covers almost 24 hours. What time did you try to play? Thanks.

clarkss12

Ran another test today, using my Vorke V2 Windows 10 miniPC as the server, and Emby Theater running on my Windows 10 desktop computer.  Same as yesterday, try to play a live TV stream and all I get is the spinning circle.  Attached is the server log.

server log.txt

From the log, 192.168.10.88 is my Vorke V2 running the server.

I also see a lot of 192.168.10.68, which is my Denon AVR.  

My Vorke V2 connects to an HDMI switch, then to my Denon AVR, then from the AVR to the TV.  This has worked great until the last two or three days.  No idea what has changed.

Edited by clarkss12

clarkss12

WOW!!!,  Everything is working again today.  NOTHING changed as I am aware of.  One of life's little secrets, I guess.

When I looked at your earlier logs there were some errors coming from your hdhomerun when we were trying to communicate it. perhaps those have cleared up and now it's working again as a result.

clarkss12

When I looked at your earlier logs there were some errors coming from your hdhomerun when we were trying to communicate it. perhaps those have cleared up and now it's working again as a result.

Thanks for that information, guess next time I run into that situation, I will power cycle my network and tuners.......

thanks