Chromecats Volume Control not working

Froghut

Froghut

Having that as an option would be great! I would gladly accept the disadvantages of transcoding if that would enable me to change the volume consistently for all video files from within the emby app.

• 1 month later...

Chromecast volume control with physical volume buttons will be supported in the next update to the app, thanks.

• 3 years later...
vick1982

I have this problem when using an AV receiver... But it's fine when it's a Chromecast directly connected to the TV ... Netflix.. Disney and everything else doesn't have this issue and can control volume...  I know it's been years since this thread so is there a option in app to address this now? 

On 11/24/2021 at 12:23 AM, vick1982 said:

I have this problem when using an AV receiver... But it's fine when it's a Chromecast directly connected to the TV ... Netflix.. Disney and everything else doesn't have this issue and can control volume...  I know it's been years since this thread so is there a option in app to address this now? 

Hi @vick1982, we'd have to look at an example, but if audio is being passed through directly to the receiver then this is why you need to use the receiver to control the volume. It's normal for Chromecast, and in fact, at one time Chromecast used to display an on-screen message informing users about this.

• 4 weeks later...
vick1982
On 27/11/2021 at 14:07, Luke said:

Hi @vick1982, we'd have to look at an example, but if audio is being passed through directly to the receiver then this is why you need to use the receiver to control the volume. It's normal for Chromecast, and in fact, at one time Chromecast used to display an on-screen message informing users about this.

But why does Netflix ... Disney .. YouTube etc volume work fine using their apps .... Only emby is forcing me to use the receiver control ... It does send me a message but only when trying to put volume up with emby 

Edited by vick1982

On 12/21/2021 at 2:56 AM, vick1982 said:

But why does Netflix ... Disney .. YouTube etc volume work fine using their apps .... Only emby is forcing me to use the receiver control ... It does send me a message but only when trying to put volume up with emby 

Because the streaming apps are using different audio formats then what you have in your media file. Only thing we could do is add options to force server transcoding to convert the audio to something that won't passthrough direct to the receiver.