Alpha Picker new behaviour

CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

I just noticed a new behaviour with Alpha Picker, when i'm in "all" view and then click on a letter, " M " for instance, it shows me only library content starting with " M " and above.

Before, when I clicked a 2nd time on "M", it would bring me back to default "all" view. I just noticed it doesn't do that anymore. I now have to click on " # "

In what app?

I think that has been the behavior in most of them all the while.

CharleyVarrick

Web UI,

I am 110% certain clicking a letter a 2nd time used to bring back to "all" view.

Mind you, its not a biggie, since clicking on # brings us back to "all" as well.

Okay, you are only talking about your second statement.  Your first statement has always been the case, right?

I just noticed a new behaviour with Alpha Picker, when i'm in "all" view and then click on a letter, " M " for instance, it shows me only library content starting with " M " and above.

CharleyVarrick

Okay, you are only talking about your second statement.  Your first statement has always been the case, right?

Yes, 1st statement always been like that.

I just re-read myself and I understand the confusion it caused, Sorry, I meant the 2nd click doesn't bring us back like before.

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

Maybe I'm not explaining it clearly enough, but to me, it made more sense before.

Say you're browsing in a library that's got thousands of items, you know what you're looking for starts with a " R ", for instance. You'd click the alpha picker " R ", you do whatever you need to do in there, and then once you're done, you'd just click that same " R " again to exit "limited" library and get back to the full listing.

It was quite intuitive, actually, as it worked like an "Undo".

Yesterday, when I noticed it didn't work anymore, I thought I had to click on a different library to get me out of there, then back in to get full listing (not intuitive one bit). I since discovered clicking the alpha picker  " # " brings you to the beginning of the listing.

I have not seen any update mention of the alpha picker being worked on recently, so I thought it was worth pointing out.

Yeah, that still sounds like a bug to me :).  If you click "R" then you should go to the Rs.  If you want to go to the top, then you click the top option.