Cannot restore Emby server backup via plugin

cpthooker

cpthooker

As the title suggests, I have been unable to restore my server settings from the same computer (had to do a system wipe). I used to the backup plugin and kept it safe on a separate drive. But after I reinstalled Windows 10 and installed emby server v3.2.19.2 beta and installed the plugin again. Found the save states, I click on the only save state and it says "This restore operation will overwrite key system files and user information." so I click yes. Then nothing happens, it just shows the plugin page. I have tried the same process using Edge, Chrome and Firefox and they all do the same thing. I have attached a log of when I tried to restore.

My specs are

AMD A10-5700 APU

8gb Ram

Geforce GTX 760

Windows 10 Pro

cpthooker

Right, I think I found out the problem. When I reinstalled windows, I did not rename the computer the same as last time so the scanning didn't find anything. Will let you know if it works.

cpthooker

Well after re scanning and restoring the backup it still doesn't update the content that I have watched previously.

You need to make sure that the entire library has been properly identified first because we use global IDs (like TMDB Id) to associate that information.

Next, be sure you restored that information (there are options for whether to restore it and to what user).

Finally, if your library was old enough it is possible that the Ids that this information was associated with are different now than they were then.  Did you have local metadata files or was everything re-fetched?

cpthooker

Right I will make sure that everything has been identified now, when it comes to the information everything is ticked. I did have local metadata, but I think it may have been refeteched.