Delete in MBC....again

spiffman192
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

spiffman192

So I've been using the delete option in Media Browser/Classic for around 3 years.  It received the "wife approval" awhile ago.  So, needless to say, when the feature seemed to disappear when I updated to MBC 129.

So, digging back through everything on the KB and forum, I checked the XML's only to find the two fields set to true.  But I took particular note of ebr saying it was being removed due to the danger.

So, first question is, did delete finally go away, or is it just me?  Second, so what does everyone else do about deleting tv shows after watching?

Thanks all!

I know it's there in MBC (others will have to help me with the details).

going forward with the next server release it will also be in the web client, so if there were ever a justification to remove the function from our viewing apps, that would be it. You can do it from the couch with your second screen (smart phone, tablet), using a tool designed for management and let the app on the tv worry about playing the content. but of course to each their own.

Redshirt

129 moved the delete option to the advanced tab of the settings pages.I don't think it disappeared. If anything its just a matter re enabling the feature.

• Solution

The other change 129 made was that Delete is only available to administrative users. 

Honestly, I believe the delete function in the web client is handy but really dangerous because it will allow you to delete anything - including entire folders full of content.  It does have safeguards to be sure it isn't done accidentally, but it still is too powerful for my taste as if someone doesn't understand what they are deleting and doesn't pay attention, it can destroy your whole library.

MBC will only allow you to delete one individual item at a time.

• Like 2

spiffman192

Yep, made the account an admin, and like magic, happy wife.  Thanks all.  Good info.  I know what you mean about the deleting things mistakenly.  When we first started using Mediabrowser way back, we deleted a whole folder of ISOs.  Rough lesson on staying organized. 

But having the flexability to use a single smart remote to control the HTPC is invaluable to the wife-unit.

Thanks for a great product!