Pi3 Crashes on library scan

karaskis

tdiguy

Yes @@tdiguy, OSMC is on a microsd and the media is on a external drive. Do you need any information about the SD?

Tks

No I am just being nosy. I kind of wonder if it is likely related to the read / write speed of the sd card. I say this because i run emby off my pi but nearly never run into this issue, but i run my pi off an external hard drive. I read all sorts of people complaining about the microsd card going corrupt on them seemingly randomly.

tdiguy

I notice the final log entries are related to image collage creation. I think for the next release what we'll do is just disable this for arm cpu's going forward.

I hate to ask but could you make it optional?  I kinda like it and havent found good replacement icons.

• 2 weeks later...
karaskis

I notice the final log entries are related to image collage creation. I think for the next release what we'll do is just disable this for arm cpu's going forward.

@@Luke,

Just updated to release 3.2.22.0 and ran a library scan on my movie folder with the "Download artwork and metadata from the internet" and "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" disabled.  It successfully added all my movies to the library.

Then I enabled those 2 options and added my TV folder as new media and hit library scan. As result my pi crashed, same erros as before. I'm I doing anything wrong??

Log attached. 

2017-07-03 20:22:03.0157 Info HttpClient: Checking for cache file /config/cache/httpclient/f70ca6622474da8168a3b6c06f651a16

2017-07-03 20:22:03.0760 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.100.5. Time: 66ms. http://192.168.100.3:8096/emby/Packages/Updates?PackageType=System

2017-07-03 20:22:03.2076 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.100.5. Time: 204ms. http://192.168.100.3:8096/emby/Packages/Updates?PackageType=UserInstalled

�������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

Log7.txt

Edited by karaskis

@@karaskis, I'm going to ask you to expirement here. Can you please go to:

/usr/lib/emby-server/bin

You'll see a file called ImageMagickSharp.dll.config. Delete that file for now (make sure to back it up), then startup the server and see how that compares. thanks.

karaskis

@@karaskis, I'm going to ask you to expirement here. Can you please go to:

/usr/lib/emby-server/bin

You'll see a file called ImageMagickSharp.dll.config. Delete that file for now (make sure to back it up), then startup the server and see how that compares. thanks.

@@Luke, no problem in experimenting.

I'm running on version 3.2.25.0 and installed emby-server using docker official instructions:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/43166-arm-devices-official-instructions/

Recommend install method for armhf/armv7 (Tested rpi2/3 running rasbian):

curl -sSL https://get.docker.com/ | sh

docker run -it --rm \

--volume /usr/local/bin:/target \

emby/embyserver:armv7 instl 

/usr/lib/emby-server/bin is not available (see attached file). I also tried searching by SSH command the file ImageMagickSharp.dll.config but found nothing.

Can the location or file name vary?

Tried running a scan again and got the same error. :( 

post-176205-0-94976000-1499817496_thumb.png

Log8.txt

• 3 weeks later...
karaskis

@@Luke, I haven't given up yet..  :)

Emby server continues to crash and freeze Pi3 on library scans. Clearly it's having difficulty on scanning a large number of files.

I've added an empty "TV" folder to my scan directory. Then one at a time throu SSH I added (cut/paste) show folders containing several seasons and episodes. Then back on emby ran library scan (log9 and 10 attached).The scan crashed pi3 when it had scanned half of the new content.

I unplug pi and restart the server and ran a new scan with the exact same content (did not add or remove any files) and the scan was successful (log11).

After the successful scan added new content to folder and hit scan. Server crashed again just after getting the "New content notification" on Chrome (log 12 attached). This was the exact same step when server crashed on log9. Can't the notifications be freezing the server?

Please help!! :unsure:

2017-07-29 09:39:57.2332 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 304 to 192.168.100.5. Time: 3ms. http://192.168.100.3:8096/web/bower_components/emby-webcomponents/notifications/badge.png
2017-07-29 09:39:57.2332 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 304 to 192.168.100.5. Time: 3ms. http://192.168.100.3:8096/web/bower_components/emby-webcomponents/notifications/notificationicon.png 

Log12.txt

Log11.txt

Log10.txt

Log9.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
karaskis

@@karaskis please try the latest release of Emby server. thanks !

OMG @@Luke it worked! I could scan my entire library and it did not crash!  :D

I'll run some more tests over the weekend and post the results.

Thank you so much.

Hi.

I facing the exactly same issue that during the scan of my library after a few minutes my rpi3 freezes.

Which files do you need to debug?

Regards

2fake

hi,

i installed everything again, because i tried the dotnet core build, but i didn't worked for me as you know ;) 

now the library scan is running since 15 minutes. Normally my rpi crashed in this time. I will keep you up to date if it crashes again.

2Fake

hi, it's me again. 

Does this line mean that everything is ok

'2017-09-11 14:17:09.439 Info TaskManager: Scan media library Completed after 208 minute(s) and 31 seconds'

now my only problem is that i don't have a UI :D

I attached a logfile from the server startup, but i still don't have an UI

server-63640736684.txt

Edited by 2Fake

It's working now. Don't know what changed but everything is OK now. Thank you

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

@@2Fake, are you using the dotnet core build? How did you install it?

Tks