Save Server Settings?

elshagon

elshagon

I must reinstall windows 7 on the pc which has the Media Browser server on it.  Is there any way to backup the server settings including the supporter keys so when I reinstall windows I can also reinstall the server just as I have it now without having to manually enter everything again?

Koleckai Silvestri

By default the server's files are stored in \users\username\appdata\roaming\MediaBrowser-Server. You can get there easier in Explorer just by typing %appdata% in the Address Bar and then clicking on MediaBrowser-Server.

If you have set it to store some things in other locations, you can find them in your MediaBrowser dashboard by clicking on the Info tab at the top.

Never tried but theoretically if you install the server and then overwrite its data files with the ones you saved, then it should work. As I just store metadata in the folder with the media, it has just been easier to install and setup my folders again.

swhitmore

Does the appdata also include the "watched" information?

I'm not sure about that, but you can backup your playstates using the Trakt plugin.

All user-specific information will be in data\userdata.db.  If you grab the whole MediaBrowser-Server folder and you are sure everything is exactly the same when you re-setup the machine, you should be able to just put it back and go.

elshagon

By the way, reinstalled windows yesterday and was able to restore media browser to its exact state it was in before.  The only thing left to do was to reinstall the lav filters.