Latest Dev version not grabbing metadata

Jambercob

Jambercob

On the latest Dev build the server no longer grabs and saves metadata. I have to manually look up the movie on IMDB and then use the web browser to Edit and add the IMDB number then click Save and refresh the data. Then I have to manually go select a cover for the movie. 

Wasn't sure if this was a known issue yet or not, I know you guys are working a lot on the metadata stuff and I really like the automatic organization of TV shows that's in the latest Dev build, it works great!

Having the same issue, worst thing i did was take advice to update to the dev versions, beta was rock solid. I put the server upgrade level back to beta but im guessing im still using a dev version till beta catches up. Im on Version 3.0.5157.367

Actually nevermind, i notice it just wants the ID now not the url, i cant get it to scrape though automatically. I will look in the logs. 

Edited by Ghostm

Hopefully not to much paste bin info, basically i added the movie thats not scrapping to the library and checked the logs, it did scrape one single poster that shows 600X337 which is odd, 1280 is my minimum and it has never happened before, i dont even know where it came from.

http://pastebin.com/g6ysU4G4

The poster is not even on the moviedb, not sure where it came from.

Also manually inputting the movie id seems to work but automatic scrapping is not working for me. I double checked and matched my spellings as well for the movie i am testing to add Leaving Las Vegas (1995)

And one other thing when I scrapped manually by inputing the moviedb id, it grabbed all artwork except fanart/backdrops, their was one fanart cached showing in the web server set to primary, but it did not save it to my folder like it usually does, I also have max backdrops set to 5, with a height of 1280, 4 images existed meeting those requirements, but it only grabbed one backdrop (which was not downloaded, I had to download that one and select the others myself and download them manually as well), the rest of the artwork (banners, posters, ect...) was downloaded and showed up as usual when i manually input the movie db id. 

Edited by Ghostm

Also hopefully not a hijack but i dont want to start a separate thread, but is their anyway to go back to the beta builds, a rollback option? Or do I simply wait until beta release is ahead of the dev versions and it updates?

I have it set to beta but if this does get fixed it probably wont be fixed for me until a newer beta arrives, and I have no idea how long that would take? I dont want to get stuck in limbo.

I just added a cd recently as well, and no automatic scrapping again. 

I installed the beta and it seems like alot of issues are back to normal, but about 70 music artists, and about 200 games dont show artwork, it can be fixed by refreshing metadata individually, but is that the only way? Im not sure why its not just picking up the artwork already scraped and loading it.

For movies and tv it was mostly fine.

Maybe i will try removing sources and re-adding them to see if that fixes it.

Edited by Ghostm

Well all is right in the world again, all the issues i ran into are gone.

Although re-installing the beta though i cannot  about a bunch of music and video games to show outwork, had to spend a few hours reloading each image individually, tv and movies seemed fine.

Would be kind of nice to see a bulk reload image feature, where we can select reload all game images, reload all music images, ect..

Edited by Ghostm

sydlexius

You can bulk reload metadata (I was in the exact same boat as you). From the dashboard, click on the metadata editor button, then feel free to highlight the library with missing metadata/images. Make sure the "Refresh child items" is checked, then click on the "Refresh Metadata" button.

Thanks, I also noticed right before i came here that if i go through the collections entries I can also reload everything. Wish I would have asked before doing it all manually :(

Would like to request an edit button for the actual movie, tv, game, and music entries like collections has so people in the future can easily bulk reload everything. 

Edited by Ghostm