Emby app fails to start content

bmhanson

bmhanson

OK. i have searched for this and gotten nowhere.  Hopefully someone can help.  I have some files that when I try and watch with the Roku app it dims and pops up the working circle, but then appears to freeze.  I say appears because it is still dim and the circle is there (though it is not moving to indicate working) but I can click the remote navigate behind it.  Event to other screens, but it remains dim with that circle there.  I can attach a picture of the screen if that is needed to be clearer.

I am only having issues with some files.  Apparently only within this season of the show Bleach.  I have downloaded multiple times.  Downloaded other versions from other sources, etc.  but they all have the same issue.  AND it appears to only be an issue in the Roku app.  Playing in other clients including Android, Amazon Fire Stick, and Windows works just fine.  And I get the same issue on multiple Roku devices.  I have a Roku Streaming stick and a Roku Premier.

Can someone give me some guidance of where I can look to see if I can find what the issue might be?  I have not found anything in the logs on the server yet that indicate an issue.  

For reverence I am running version 3.0 of Emby on the Roku and the Roku Stick is software version 7.6.0. Server is at 3.2.17.0 but I will be updating it as I just noticed there is a new version available.

bmhanson

Thanks for the quick response.  I did that just now and tested.  Issue still occurs.  I also updated the server to 3.2.18.0.

Okay, can you please provide specifics about the item you are trying to play (media info from web app) and then a server log and send an app log just after the problem occurs.

Instructions for both here: How to Report a Problem

Thanks.

bmhanson
Hopefully i got everything.  I am about to leave and wanted to get this sent before I did.  Logs sent from Roku app also.  Server Jarvis user Bryan.  Not sure what you need for that.

Thanks,

Bryan

Media Info

Video

CodecH264

AVCYes

ProfileHigh

Level40

Resolution1280x720

Aspect ratio16:9

AnamorphicNo

InterlacedNo

Framerate23.976

Bitrate554 kbps

Bit depth8 bit

Pixel formatyuv420p

Ref frames8

NAL4

Audio

CodecAAC

ProfileHE-AAC

Layoutstereo

Channels2 ch

Bitrate192 kbps

Sample rate48000 Hz

DefaultYes

TitleAAC stereo Default

Audio

Languagejpn

CodecAAC

ProfileHE-AAC

Layoutstereo

Channels2 ch

Bitrate192 kbps

Sample rate48000 Hz

DefaultNo

TitleJpn AAC stereo

Subtitle

CodecSSA

DefaultYes

ForcedNo

ExternalNo

TitleSigns/End

Subtitle

CodecSSA

DefaultNo

ForcedNo

ExternalNo

TitleFlomp subs

Containermkv

Path\\JARVIS\m\TV\Bleach\Seaso

bmhanson

Sorry.  Cut and paste missed part fo the path.

Containermkv
Path\\JARVIS\m\TV\Bleach\Season 14\Bleach - S14E03 - 268 - Hatred and Jealousy, Orihime's Dilemma HDTV-720p.mkv

Also, no rush as I know you are headed out and I am too, but if you can create an Emby Connect guest user for me on your server with access to this item, I can try and catch the problem in the debugger.  Just create a guest and use "ebr" for the username/email.

Thanks.

bmhanson

Server log?

Well, horse feathers. I clicked attach and picked the file. That is what I get for being rushed. Hopefully it is there this time.

Also, no rush as I know you are headed out and I am too, but if you can create an Emby Connect guest user for me on your server with access to this item, I can try and catch the problem in the debugger.  Just create a guest and use "ebr" for the username/email.

Thanks.

Should be there now. Assuming I did it right...

Jarvis log 2017-05-31 1741.txt

Okay, I found it.  You can remove my guest user now if you wish.

Thanks!

It was related to the media information (specifically subtitles) but the problem was in the app.  I'll have a fix up shortly.

bmhanson

Hey ebr. I am assuming you updated the beta because I tested real quick and it appears to be working. I will do a little more thorough testing later.

bmhanson

I tested several titles I had the issue with. Works great and no issue. Thanks for the quick response.